Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

Discus and support Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing L4D/L4D2 since it was released. I never had any problems until recently when I built my new system and installed Windows 11... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Patrick Campbell, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

I've been playing L4D/L4D2 since it was released. I never had any problems until recently when I built my new system and installed Windows 11 (previously Windows 10 system).

The game was playing alright for the last two months, with some servers seemingly having a problem with my two monitor setup. The right screen would go black and then the game would freeze. I would have to power down the system completely to get it back up.

Recently (this happened today) I can't even open the game. I can open Steam and then when I click on the game it starts then crashes with Steam not telling me anything. I checked the integrity of the game files and it was OK. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and Steam. I also removed all Add On maps or mods from inside the game.

I've tried compatibility mode for Windows 7 and 8. I've tried running at as an admin. None of this worked.

When I check the admin logs I get the following.

Faulting application name: left4dead2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6192d421

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.795, time stamp: 0x14937283

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x0011fc07

Faulting process id: 0x1198

Faulting application start time: 0x01d89d3cd8dd559f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: f5b852db-7b7e-48ff-be2e-879f0d9785f1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

---

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user HomeRoot\Root SID (S-1-5-21-4203016774-1832447468-245646520-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

---

All my problems with the game have been since installed Windows 11. Windows 10 worked with no errors the entire time I ran this game.

:)

Patrick Campbell, Jul 22, 2022
  2. Otakute Win User

left 4 dead the sacrifice

Yes Dynamic is true , in past year released in some time the sacrife add-on in Left 4 dead 1 and the sacrifice add-on to left 4 dead 2 , the same archivements but diferent game , in a ``future´´ all Stages of left 4 dead included Crash curse and new stage
    to recive the names of espasion Cold stream .
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

Thanks for the update!

Do you know if your Windows system or a hardware component received an update?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

Sorry for the late reply, so... Is everything working as usual Patrick?
  5. Patrick Campbell Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

I found this which worked

Originally posted by NotAPsycho:

I didn't see that, so yeah, couldn't comment on that.

Your case is very weird and I feel like the solution is pretty simple. We got to find it.

Try making a shortcut of "left4dead2.exe" and add the parameter "-steam" in the shortcut properties.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Patrick

I found a similar thread on steam that could help, it seems this problem is common on Windows 11 for this game:

Gudboi answer:

"its simple, you can try open directory left4dead directly, and click left4dead application right mouse-property and check the box run by administrator, you can apply and save then, next make sortcut from application to desktop - property- target, rename ("D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2.exe" -steam), it depends on where your game is saved, or just add the word (-steam) its important. And you can launch left4dead from sortcut you make it its work for me."

Thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/550/discussions/...

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing

1. Left 4 Dead 2 Crashing - Similar Threads - Left Dead Crashing

2. How to buy left 4 dead 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to buy left 4 dead 2: I wanna play left 4 dead 2 and have fun but it says "currently unavailable" I would like to know if there's a new method to buy it or if it's not downloadable anymore....
  3. How do I get my Xbox one to read and install Left For Dead 2 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my Xbox one to read and install Left For Dead 2 ?: I purchased Left for Dead 2 and have not been able to install or get any response from 2 Xbox ones. I have tried the different methods and suggestions by the support. Unfortunately nothing has...
  4. If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?: I am wondering because I am planning to purchase this in the near future. [img] If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?...
  5. I want to buy left 4 dead 1 not 2 on my Xbox series x/s how do I do it is it even possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy left 4 dead 1 not 2 on my Xbox series x/s how do I do it is it even possible?: I been wanting left 4 dead for awhile now an can't get it because it's no longer available in the Microsoft store how would I be able to get the game is it possible?...
  6. I’m central U.S and it won’t let me purchase the game Left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m central U.S and it won’t let me purchase the game Left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2: so when i go to Microsoft/xbox store the buy button doesn’t pop up and if it does it says it unavailable but i live in the US i should be able to buy the game right also im unable to purchase the...
  7. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  8. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  9. How can I buy Left 4 Dead 2 digitally in 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I buy Left 4 Dead 2 digitally in 2023?: When I go to the Xbox 360 Marketplace it doesn’t show a price or buy button. 803780be-b5c5-42c3-9262-fe63080e6751
  10. Left 4 dead 2 achivements

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Left 4 dead 2 achivements: I to am having trouble with left 4 dead 2 game itself says i unlocked them but my profile hasen't updated the achivment info 1b8c408b-8bfb-4767-b921-477924a451cc