Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: (0x8007042b)

Discus and support Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: (0x8007042b) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I resubscribed to game pass last night and downloaded redfall to play. I am installing to an external d:\ where my other xbox games live. On... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ErikuTamu, Jun 4, 2023.

1. ErikuTamu
    ErikuTamu Guest

Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: (0x8007042b)

Hello,

I resubscribed to game pass last night and downloaded redfall to play. I am installing to an external d:\ where my other xbox games live.

On launch I get the error code Error code: (0x8007042b)

I did quick searches on Google and did reboot, repair game, tried reset microsoft cache, tried reinstalling game service. Even tried uninstalling redfall and reinstalling, still getting this Error code: (0x8007042b)

Could I get help, i signed up for game pass literally to play this title with my friends.

Thank you

-Eric

:)

ErikuTamu, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, ErikuTamu. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Are you able to play other games off your subscription? Kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account that has the game pass and should change the store account then try launching your game again.

If the same error code persists, delete all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

This will only rescan all your downloaded files in just a few minutes then try launching your game again.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: ()

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your installation problem.

Is this only happening to that specific game? And also, have you tried installing the game to a different drive?

Please reinstall the game again and turn off your anti virus from the system, try opening the game with the anti virus turned off.

If that does not help, try reinstalling the game on another drive please to check where the issue is coming from.
  4. PsychoBlaze Win User

Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus Crashes on Start - Using Xbox (Beta) app on Win 10

I'm getting the same error on PC launching through Game Pass app. Other games have been fine, but this throws same error you are seeing.
  5. Legendaddy Win User

PC Game Pass games crash at launch with Exception code: 0xc0000005

Hi Kathy.

Thanks for the detailed response. Answer to questions you asked -

1. I don't have those other games installed anymore, so I'm not sure whether they still have the same issue. But I'm pretty sure they will still have same issue.
    2. They were not fixed. I gave up trying to play them locally on my PC.
    3. I was not part of Xbox Insider, but I joined it just now, hoping to see if that fixes the issue. I'm not Windows Insider.
    4. Xbox app version 2304.1001.15.0

Gaming Services 11.76.5001.0 (when I created this post)

Gamaing Services 12.77.3001.0 (right now, after latest update). After this update, trying to launch the game is also showing Error code: (0<8007042b)

[​IMG]

5. Windows 11 Home 22H2 (0S Build 22621.1635)
    6. It did not launch ever. The issue exists immediately after installation finishes.
    7. I'm using the stock Windows Security for anti-virus and firewall. I don't have any additional antimalware, VPN, proxy and PC Optimizer installed. I did add D:\Games\XBoxGames\Redfall\Content folder to the Windows Security antivirus exclusion list. I also tried running the game after disabling antivirus realtime protection and disabling firewall. Same crash happens.

Alredy done troubleshooting

Device has been rebooted many times.

Windows, Xbox app, Gaming Services, Redfall app - all are up-to-date.

I am signed in to the Xbox app and the MS Store with the same account.

Already tried Verify and repair of the RedFall game from Xbox app. Also tried Repair / Reset of MS Store, Xbox app, Gaming Services, Redfall app from Windows Settings.

New troubleshooting done now

Removed and reinstalled Gaming Services. Rebooted device and then reinstalled RedFall from xbox app. Still getting same crash and error.

Additional Observations

Here's the ownership and permission details of D:\Games\XBoxGames\Redfall\Content\Redfall\Binaries\WinGDK\Redfall.exe, if that helps -

[​IMG]

(I am part of the Administrators group.)
  6. MartinBerkemeier Win User

Microsoft Gaming Services UI issue when trying to launch a game

I tried it with Limbo and with other small games like vampire survivor... If I install it and launch it, nothing happens and I get an Entry in the event log. But when I Move the game to another partition the game opens and then I get The Error:

Error code: (0x8007042b)

And that error code to my unrstanding is so generic that it has nothing to to with the problem.
Thema:

1. Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: (0x8007042b) - Similar Threads - Launching Redfall App

2. Xbox app stuck on launching for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app stuck on launching for PC: I've looked everywhere for fixes for this and none of them work. Here is the list of things I have tried, all of which either seem to do nothing or make the app stuck on updating 100% for hours....
  3. Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched

in XboX Insiders
    Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched: When I launch a game it keeps on loading in the signing in screen. I have been getting this issue since yesterday. submitted by /u/EclipseEternale [link] [comments]
  4. Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?: It's been stuck on this for 20 minutes now and it still won't load or open. And yes I have restarted my pc and uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I'm also up to date on my windows...
  5. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  6. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  7. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  8. Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: ()

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching Redfall from Xbox App (through GamePass) throws Error code: (): Hello, I am having issues with Redfall from Windows Game Pass installation. I install Redfall from Xbox App onto my D:\ which is an internal USB drive. On windows 11 Pro; 21H2; checked for all...
  9. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  10. Redfall in Xbox app with Xbox Game Pass gives an error after launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redfall in Xbox app with Xbox Game Pass gives an error after launch: This popup. Tried everything up to accessing WindowsApp folder and Bethesda folder itself. Nothing helps. Created shortcuts on desktop and was running it with Admin rights too, not helping at all...