Launcher and Minecraft.net both showing I don't own Minecraft Java

Discus and support Launcher and Minecraft.net both showing I don't own Minecraft Java in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased Minecraft Java Edition in May 2019 with my Mojang account and then migrated to Microsoft about a month later. I played for a while but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lalt22, Nov 22, 2022.

1. lalt22
    lalt22 Guest

Hi, I purchased Minecraft Java Edition in May 2019 with my Mojang account and then migrated to Microsoft about a month later. I played for a while but took a long break, but when I tried playing on a new computer with my Microsoft account, it only showed the Play Demo option.

I then checked the minecraft.net page and it says I only own the Bedrock edition but not the Java one. However, I have my receipt from Mojang from 2019 for my purchase of the Java Edition. I've also tried logging in and out of the launcher and my PC, which made no difference.

I'm a little frustrated by this and would love to have this resolved, thanks.

:)

lalt22, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello lalt22, there may have been a problem when migrating your Mojang account to Microsoft, ideally in this case would be to contact Mojang support so they can help you.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/ne...
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Mojang Account Migration

Not sure why your Java username is showing as already taken, but since the Minecraft website shows that you own Java, this is probably just an issue with the Launcher syncing data.

Would you please try to reinstall Minecraft Java and the Minecraft Launcher too?
  4. Jack Selvile Win User

Minecraft: java edition disappeared from my microsoft account and on mincraft.net as if never purchased.

Hello Thank you for a fast reply!
    Xbox user interface confused me since I never had to use it before. Minecraft: Java Edition (and more) is in fact in my library there!
    I suspect the problem might be with changing "Java edition" to "Java And Bedrock" on Minecraft.net but i don't know.

The problem itself is with "We were unable to verify what products you own. Please check your internet connection." in the Minecraft Launcher. I do not know how this verification is done so i don't even know who to contact.
  5. Pomcake Win User

Migrated Mojang account to Microsoft account issue.

Yes, the migration completed successfully. It showed me the confirmation message and everything. My skin is even transported to the Microsoft account, and I can log in with it both in Mojang site (It no longer lets me log in with the Mojang account, only with Microsoft account), and the launcher. But it says I don't own Minecraft java Edition, and only lets me play demo.
  6. Fab Apex Win User

i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

sorry but it now work the minecraft.net and minecraft launcher both of them thar play button is showing to buy button how to fix it and the minrcraft support tell me to contact you please help me?
Thema:

1. Launcher and Minecraft.net both showing I don't own Minecraft Java - Similar Threads - Launcher Minecraft net

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  4. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  7. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  8. minecraft launcher exit code 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft launcher exit code 1: Hi, I wanted to play minecraft java latest release 1.20.4 on windows 11 64bit. I pressed play and I got exit code 1 again and again. I have reinstalled minecraft and java. But still minecraft...
  9. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix? ***moved from...
  10. After a year, my minecraft launcher stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After a year, my minecraft launcher stopped working: When I try to download Minecraft through the store, Minecraft for windows does not download and when I try to use the launcher I get error code: 0x803F8001 Things I've tried: -deleting the...