Latest Xbox updates (feb 2020) stopped internal moves or installs on my external drive

Discus and support Latest Xbox updates (feb 2020) stopped internal moves or installs on my external drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Constantly would get installation stopped errors. Drive could be seen. reformatted drive. Drive works on a PC. Tried everything Eventually took the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/kataliyst, Feb 9, 2020.

1. /u/kataliyst
    /u/kataliyst Guest

Latest Xbox updates (feb 2020) stopped internal moves or installs on my external drive

Constantly would get installation stopped errors. Drive could be seen. reformatted drive. Drive works on a PC. Tried everything Eventually took the Xbox out of the insider omega preview and reinitialized. Once done everything works again. I can move or install games on the external drive.

submitted by /u/kataliyst
    [link] [comments]

/u/kataliyst, Feb 9, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

GTA won’t load

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the update on the issue. Try installing the game specifically on the internal drive instead of the external drive. Once installed and launch, then move it to the external HD. Personally have had this issue with games on an external drive. Once
    installed on internal they worked great.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Tarnend Win User

Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

are the games installed on an external drive or the internal one, if on an external then move to internal and try again, if on internal then move to external and try again, to see if its a drive issue, if thats possible that is.
  4. GreenJeans1 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

None of the above solve the issue. Games currently Installed on the external drive work. Unless they need an update. They can not be updated. New games can not be installed to external drives in the xpack enclosure. Apps seem install with no issue. Games
    can not be migrated to or from the external drive as well. Apps migrate with no issue. The issue seems to be related to the xpack external enclosure. It seems to have stopped working after the Feb update. Prior to this games installed updated and transfered
    with no issues using the xpack enclosure.
  5. NoxErro Win User

Digital downloads installation stopped

Hi, !

Could you give more details about your problem?

Your hard drive is correctly formatted to Xbox games?

The problem happens while installing apps?

Is it possible that the game(s) you're trying to install are already (partially) installed on your console's internal drive, and the internal drive is full?
    Hard drive is correctly formatted.

I addressed all your questions in my post. I cannot transfer games to my external drive, only apps. As soon as I try and move them, they stop installation. I have completely removed games from my internal drive, they still will not download to the external
    drive.
  6. DominumStige Win User

Not enough storage even though game is installed

The internal disk is probably set as the primary disk for installations. He can try to move games from the internal to the external drive so that it has enough space to install updates.
Thema:

1. Latest Xbox updates (feb 2020) stopped internal moves or installs on my external drive - Similar Threads - Latest updates feb

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  4. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  5. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  6. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  7. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  8. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  9. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  10. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...