Latest Titanfall title update fails to download

Discus and support Latest Titanfall title update fails to download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox One was updated successfully to the April 2015 release on Monday evening and I was able to play Titanfall just fine. When I tried to play it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JPenneck, Apr 8, 2015.

1. JPenneck
    JPenneck Guest

My Xbox One was updated successfully to the April 2015 release on Monday evening and I was able to play Titanfall just fine. When I tried to play it last night (Tuesday) Titanfall had still be running from Monday night. There was some error number on the
    screen which I was not able to write down but seemed to refer to the game having been disconnected from Xbox Live. No big deal, I thought, I'll just quit the game and restart. On restart, I got the screen indicating there was a title update. However, the update
    fails with the following message "There was a problem with the update" with no error number. I retried the update multiple times and it would never work.

I then decided to uninstall the game and tried to re-install in the hope it would solve the problem. Titanfall would not even re-install - the status would initially say "Queued" and then "Installing", but would never progress to 1% or beyond. I finally
    decided to yank the network cable and got the game re-installed. I plugged the network cable in and rebooted my XB1. I then tried to fire up Titanfall and got the title update prompt. Unfortunately, the update still fails every time. I then tried a full power
    down of the XB1 by pressing and holding the logo on the front of the console. On restart, I still experience title update failure.

A friend of mine that I was trying to play with had no problem with the Titanfall update on XB1, but currently, I am completely unable to play Titanfall -
    Very annoying!!

Any help is appreciated!

:)

JPenneck, Apr 8, 2015
  2. DOWNLOAD PROBLEM

Hey mate, to be clear, are you trying to download a title or game update? When it fails, are you receiving an error message at all?

Mister Fitzer, Apr 8, 2015
  3. Steve.Cook
    Steve.Cook Guest
    Just Purchased Titanfall for 360, Update fails at end

I just bought the game but when I went to play it for the first time, it says an update is available and it fails after the download bar show completed

I tried several times and it jumps to nearly the end and fails a few minutes later

I went to the system menu and erased the Titanfall upgrade from the hard drive but when I went to play it failed the upgrade again

What can I do?

Thanks!

Steve.Cook, Apr 8, 2015
  4. JPenneck
    JPenneck Guest

Well, it looks like my XB1 fixed itself. I went to try it again last night and the game launched as normal so I can only assume the console automatically performed the title update overnight.

JPenneck, Apr 9, 2015
  5. JPenneck Win User

Well, it looks like my XB1 fixed itself. I went to try it again last night and the game launched as normal so I can only assume the console automatically performed the title update overnight.
  6. HassanB Win User

Black Ops is not giving me an latest update?

You can't manually download title updates for a game. They can only be downloaded via XBOX Live and only by inserting the game. If you can play online that means that you have the latest title update, it would not let you connect online and play with other
    people without having the latest title update.
  7. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Does downloading a game digitally install post-release updates?

When you download from the marketplace you should be downloading the latest title version including all updates
  8. IRB Win User

I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 Demo on the Microsoft store and I can not play it

I would also check for the latest Windows Updates.

Failing that, it might be worth uninstalling the demo and re-downloading (if you bandwidth allows).
  9. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Third Party patch question

In addition to the previous data, patches are referred to as a "Title Update" on the Xbox 360 and can only be downloaded if LIVE detects your game isn't the latest version. In other words, no manual downloading and it will not show up in the download history.

The patch gets applied to the entire system so any profile on that console that plays that game is indeed playing the latest version.

If you are curious about if a "Title Update" is actually present you may go to the Settings/Storage screen and find the game in question. Next to the install/save data you should see "Title Update." If that's there then you have it installed.
Thema:

1. Latest Titanfall title update fails to download - Similar Threads - Latest Titanfall title

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console: So I installed the last alpha skip ahead on to my series s and now it won't turn on. I push the power button it lights up plays chime, sits for a second beeps and turns off. I have it unplugged...
  4. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  5. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  6. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  7. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  8. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  9. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  10. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...