Latest firmware update broke my controller.

Discus and support Latest firmware update broke my controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think this is a popular problem, I'd like a solution. Bought the controller with the new Series X from SmythsToys. I updated the firmware of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TIG3RE1GHT, Mar 26, 2022.

1. TIG3RE1GHT
    TIG3RE1GHT Guest

I think this is a popular problem, I'd like a solution.

Bought the controller with the new Series X from SmythsToys. I updated the firmware of the controller and the controller started having issues. I am getting double input and the right analog stick is moving upwards by default.

My question is, who do I report this malfunction to, Microsoft of Smythtoys?

:)

TIG3RE1GHT, Mar 26, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi TIG3RE1GHT! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If your controller isn’t working and needs replacing, enter the controller’s serial number at the bottom of this page. You can find the serial number inside the battery compartment, below the barcode

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. TIG3RE1GHT Win User

Also I have attempted to downgrade the firmware through the Xbox Accessories app, it told me 'hey there's no issue you're updated!' and proceeded to close the update page. I also tried connecting it to my Windows device and it does not recognise the controller despite the controller vibrating when I plug it into the USB.
  4. erasam Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

The latest firmware update of the classic Xbox one controller broke it as well when used connected with Bluetooth

I had to downgrade it to make it working properly again
  5. Internet Expert Win User

no new xbox headset updates

What kind of Xbox One controller do you have?

From going to All Settings-->Kinect & Devices-->Devices & Accessories-->Xbox One Wireless Controller, the latest firmware shown on my controller is "2.3.2385.0". Checking for updates yields no results, and says that my controller is on the latest firmware.

This controller of mine is a standard black controller (with the 3.5mm port) that I purchased as a separate accessory. I think only the Elite controller has a different firmware due to the extra functionality.

If there's no update available, then you're already on the latest firmware! Microsoft doesn't really push out controller updates very often.
  6. Dennis MacLennan Win User

Headset only working on 1 of 6 controllers

Controllers are all updated to the latest firmware
Thema:

1. Latest firmware update broke my controller. - Similar Threads - Latest firmware update

2. After latest update , my series X no longer does 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    After latest update , my series X no longer does 4k: Console updated, but no longer does 4k only up to 1440 . I still game in 4k on my pc . So samsung tv is not the problem f4eb637b-2c0b-4f4d-a8a7-1136ec8877ff
  3. How do you feel about the latest development with Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you feel about the latest development with Xbox?: Hey everyone my name is Jack and I own a Xbox series x. I have been playing games in Xbox for 13 years now after the latest news from Xbox I’m wondering if now is the time to sell it and my...
  4. My Xbox One will not receive new update, latest status says update failed with this number...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox One will not receive new update, latest status says update failed with this number...: My Xbox One will not update, says latest status failed with this number (0x8B050084) please help c860f7a5-7cbb-4aa8-860c-2634ace38296
  5. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  6. Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console: So I installed the last alpha skip ahead on to my series s and now it won't turn on. I push the power button it lights up plays chime, sits for a second beeps and turns off. I have it unplugged...
  7. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  8. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  9. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  10. Stick drift after latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stick drift after latest firmware: I updated a controller to firmware 5.17.3202.0 through the xbox accessories app and now my 2 week old controller has stick drift. This occured immediately after the firmware update so I'm...