Latest firmware number for Series X wireless controller?

Discus and support Latest firmware number for Series X wireless controller? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I need to check the number of the latest firmware as I am experiencing some silly disconnects all the time and just failed to update it via access.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SixTheNinth, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Latest firmware number for Series X wireless controller?

I need to check the number of the latest firmware as I am experiencing some silly disconnects all the time and just failed to update it via access. app.

Mine is saying 5.9.2709.0 , am I running the latest? I wish the app would just tell me - that I am already on the latest.

submitted by /u/SixTheNinth
    [link] [comments]

/u/SixTheNinth, Mar 23, 2023
  2. IKEVOI 71 Win User

Controller

3. the elz Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

im on firmware 5.11.3118.0 for xboxc series S controller - latest, been on for weeks, before the problems with constantly disconnecting & reconnecting to the console after the latest console update about 2 weeks ago.

series S

OS10.0.22000.3055

Shell 2111.0.2112.11002

tried the controller firmware rollback via xbox assist, when you check the firmware it just says something went wrong - its on the latest firmware.......
  4. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  5. John P_14 Win User

Will any wireless controller work on a series s?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Xbox wireless controllers, including the latest Xbox Wireless Controllers included with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, are compatible with the Xbox Series S. In addition, some older Xbox One wireless controllers work with the Xbox Series S. As for third-party wireless controllers, the compatibility depends on the specific controller and whether it is designed to work with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Ant eSports controller you mentioned appears to be a third-party controller designed for PC gaming, and it may not be compatible with the Xbox Series S.
  6. Irishprimer Win User

Console sensitivity Xbox Series X

I had a third controller that I used primarily on my PC that has not been updated. Connected it to the series x and have no issues at all. Seems the latest controller firmware is a bust. I can use my old controller for the time being. Won't be able to use the two other controllers until a new firmware update rolls outs and pray it fixes the issue. Thanks for the help.
Thema:

Latest firmware number for Series X wireless controller?

1. Latest firmware number for Series X wireless controller? - Similar Threads - Latest firmware number

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console: So I installed the last alpha skip ahead on to my series s and now it won't turn on. I push the power button it lights up plays chime, sits for a second beeps and turns off. I have it unplugged...
  4. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  5. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  6. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  7. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  8. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  9. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  10. Stick drift after latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stick drift after latest firmware: I updated a controller to firmware 5.17.3202.0 through the xbox accessories app and now my 2 week old controller has stick drift. This occured immediately after the firmware update so I'm...