Latest Dashboard update is a huge step backwards, i hate it

Discus and support Latest Dashboard update is a huge step backwards, i hate it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to say, I cannot believe this latest dashboard is what they actually released to the public. Its a gigantic step backwards in so many ways and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SillyMike, Oct 18, 2017.

1. SillyMike
    SillyMike Guest

I have to say, I cannot believe this latest dashboard is what they actually released to the public. Its a gigantic step backwards in so many ways and did not improve on the most important part of any dashboard, its "flow" and look.

Here are the issues I have with it, and please do yourself a favor MS and listen to my feedback.

What I dislike:

- Home page is ugly: plain and simple, its ugly. It isn't pleasant to look at or visually cool. I know this might not be important to a lot of people, but its absolutely more important than most people think. Nobody buys a car they dont like to look at or
    clothes they find ugly, no matter how comfortable they are. The same applies here. Make the dashboard not only function well, but look as cool as it works.

- TV icon on hope page is low resolution: When the TV is the last thing you did, the TV icon will appear at the very top of the home page. That's fine. But its also a completely different color than all the user icons on the dash (dark black for some reason)
    and its resolution is much lower to the point where you can tell its being stretched out to fit there. Its ugly. Attention to detail is super important and here, there is none.

- No friends, messages, notifications icon on main hope page: why in gods name is there no basic friend, messages and notification ions on the main home page? Are you joking? Have you ever used any other service known to man? None of them require you to
    press the xbox button to open the guide in order to see this basic information...This should be displayed on the dashboard home page as well. How is this not even there anymore? You guys had it there in the last dashboard and it was working fine....

- selector icon is too thick: why the hell is the selector icon on the dashboard so thick? Theres absolutely no need to do this. Its ugly. Why dont you make it look cooler like, whenever I scroll on a game icon on the home page, it could animate or something.
    Or why not have a little popup with more details appear after you select you game icon and press Y for example, then a second mini menu could open like you did for the new in-game guide. Be creative for christ sakes.

- the pins are too big: the pins are so big, clunky and ugly that they annoy me. Its just too big, ugly and cumbersome that I dont even want to add any on my dash. All I have are my game pins right now. These pins need a complete overhaul. Right now, its
    so ugly and big that its borderline un-usable.

- Pins are too small: I'm all for having more pins displayed, that's cool. But they are too small now. Let me adjust the size of them on the home screen as well.

- switching tabs re-loads everything all the time: Ok the dashboard is faster. Fine. Why in gods name does everything re-load every single time I open anything and go back to your dashboard home. Jesus guys, theres gotta be a better way to do this.

- The store: the store layout is terrible and slow. Please for god sakes, fix this awful store. Make the layout cool and intuitive. Right now, its just not enjoyable to use and if people dont enjoy going in your store, I promise you that they will be mush
    less likely to spend money in it.

- no controller rumble options: you can only turn the controller rumble on or off. This is annoying. I just want "less" rumble so I dont keep hearing my controller vibrate super loudly while I'm in a cut scene trying to get into a game or store. Give us
    rumble options. Its too loud now. On or off isn't enough.

- Blacks on 4k playback (movie disks) is broken: the blacks are now grey. How did this even get to the release dashboard. It was fine before. This is not acceptable.

- Email and name displayed on home screen: I know this can be turned off, but why even enable this to begin with? I know what my name and email are. Why are you displaying them by default? If casuals start streaming and dont notice this feature or dont know
    how to turn it off, youre basically giving away their information on screen for everyone on twitch or mixer to see. Why would you do this?? Its common sense.

- real-estate misused: the real-estate is completely misused. You have custom pins that are too big, game pins that are too small and no where on the screen is it displayed how many friends are online right now and how many messages I have... who designed
    this...

What I like:

- I like the new guide. Its fast and cool looking, works well. This works.

- backend features: the stuff like bulk transfer over network or HDD is very cool and super useful. This is the stuff I wanna see more of.

- speed: the speed of the dash is good and will probably get better with X. That's fine.

Please guys, if youre gonna release these half baked updates, then id rather have less of them. I personally despise this new dashboard and I'm forced to suffer through it because it was properly thought out. Please do a better job.
    You guys have been really bad so far with these on xbox one and they were never a problem on 360. Go back to 360 and look at what you did right instead of screwing everything up.

:)

SillyMike, Oct 18, 2017
  2. IIx DEZ xII
    IIx DEZ xII Guest
    Cortana is a huge step backwards

Hello there! You can now turn Cortana off and go back to using 'Xbox'

I feel this would be best put on the feedback page, this is looked at frequently and people can vote if they agree with you.
    xbox.uservoice.com/.../363186--new-ideas

Hope this helps!

IIx DEZ xII, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    Qwertei, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Wskrs
    Wskrs Guest

I have to agree, are you trying to send us back to the PC. This is the most horrible interface I ever seen. Why did you ruin this for us? Not even a warning, I spent time trying to figure out what was wrong with my console, turns
    out it was just made to look like 2001. It doesn't even fit properly on my TV. If a programmer working for me showed me this crap I would send him packing.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!

Wskrs, Oct 18, 2017
  5. I don't agree - for me most part this is the way to go - make it more customizable!!!!

And which parts are essential for us are so different depending on how much online you are gaming, using friends sections and whatnot.

Only solution - which they now started to realize - make us customize more.

Much less clutter in center - something I had to just pass by before.

Old home screen were horrific in the sense it use 80% of screen for nonse like supposed to be 4 last used games/app - which does not work anyway(still doesn't actually).

Last used section - let us remove it. It just clutters my screen. I just use guide to see that if I want.

Add To Home section - very large, does not bother me, but let us tell what is to be part of it. Now it's just other screen captures from what I could see. Let us pick exactly what to put beside game icon. Own achievements.
    statistics, own screen captures, publicly shared screen captures etc.

Pins section - to small - let us choose between three sizes or similar. Icon are just about identifyable to tell which game it is, and bookmarks for Edge or apps does not show text what it is when selected.

Add more section - something added here every time whether we want or not - ads area for MS it seems - let us remove that as sections above. I was able to first add each of these and they disappeared, and I could remove that above where
    added, later. Perfect - but it shows up next time you sign in anyway. Let privacy setting tell if we accept this or not.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 18, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Had this update for a while & you will get used to it.

I didn't like it at first but the more you use it the better it gets.

Other than the community/activity feed it's a big improvement.

Either way,you are stuck with it now until the next time there's a new update,probably next year.

Daft Badger, Oct 18, 2017
  7. KnightXE
    KnightXE Guest
    with this new update, is your custom background image still "dimmed" like in the prior dashboard? is there an option to adjust the brightness/dimness of your custom background image now?

KnightXE, Oct 19, 2017
  8. DW Fame
    DW Fame Guest

I agree too, this is retarded the new interface looks so ugly and i cannot stop thinking that microsoft just wants to overheat the original xbox one, so we move on to the s or x ...

DW Fame, Nov 1, 2018
  9. BookishFlunky90 Win User

I don't agree - for me most part this is the way to go - make it more customizable!!!!

And which parts are essential for us are so different depending on how much online you are gaming, using friends sections and whatnot.

Only solution - which they now started to realize - make us customize more.

Much less clutter in center - something I had to just pass by before.

Old home screen were horrific in the sense it use 80% of screen for nonse like supposed to be 4 last used games/app - which does not work anyway(still doesn't actually).

Last used section - let us remove it. It just clutters my screen. I just use guide to see that if I want.

Add To Home section - very large, does not bother me, but let us tell what is to be part of it. Now it's just other screen captures from what I could see. Let us pick exactly what to put beside game icon. Own achievements.
    statistics, own screen captures, publicly shared screen captures etc.

Pins section - to small - let us choose between three sizes or similar. Icon are just about identifyable to tell which game it is, and bookmarks for Edge or apps does not show text what it is when selected.

Add more section - something added here every time whether we want or not - ads area for MS it seems - let us remove that as sections above. I was able to first add each of these and they disappeared, and I could remove that above where
    added, later. Perfect - but it shows up next time you sign in anyway. Let privacy setting tell if we accept this or not.
  10. Wskrs Win User

I have to agree, are you trying to send us back to the PC. This is the most horrible interface I ever seen. Why did you ruin this for us? Not even a warning, I spent time trying to figure out what was wrong with my console, turns
    out it was just made to look like 2001. It doesn't even fit properly on my TV. If a programmer working for me showed me this crap I would send him packing.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!
  11. Daft Badger Win User

Had this update for a while & you will get used to it.

I didn't like it at first but the more you use it the better it gets.

Other than the community/activity feed it's a big improvement.

Either way,you are stuck with it now until the next time there's a new update,probably next year.
  12. DW Fame Win User

I agree too, this is retarded the new interface looks so ugly and i cannot stop thinking that microsoft just wants to overheat the original xbox one, so we move on to the s or x ...
  13. KnightXE Win User

with this new update, is your custom background image still "dimmed" like in the prior dashboard? is there an option to adjust the brightness/dimness of your custom background image now?
Thema:

1. Latest Dashboard update is a huge step backwards, i hate it - Similar Threads - Latest Dashboard update

2. Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...: Like the title says, after the Beta update yesterday, the game art doesn't change when cycling through games, I tried resetting the background to default but still can't get it to work. Possible...
  3. Latest update added all kinds of unwanted stuff to dashboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    Latest update added all kinds of unwanted stuff to dashboard: So OS version is 10.0.22621.4918 shell version is 2306.0.2307.7002, turned it on today and my dashboard now has all this useless stuff on it that I didn't want there, I only the stuff I added, and...
  4. Xbox Dashboard Feedback After Latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update - Xbox SeriesX|S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Feedback After Latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update - Xbox SeriesX|S: After Alpha Skip-Ahead update (2308.221027-1900), I was displeased with the appearance of the Xbox dashboard. There are too many marketplace, games, and Game Pass advertisements. I want to see...
  5. On The Latest Alpha Skip Ahead, When Playing A Game And I Bring Up The Xbox Dashboard It Lags.

in XboX Insiders
    On The Latest Alpha Skip Ahead, When Playing A Game And I Bring Up The Xbox Dashboard It Lags.: As Stated Above When I Bring Up My Xbox Dashboard It Causes The UI To Lag And Keeps Lagging, Sometimes Causing The System To Force Reboot. submitted by /u/xPandaku [link] [comments]
  6. 4k dashboard isn't working after latest delta update

in XboX Insiders
    4k dashboard isn't working after latest delta update: After the latest beta and delta updates we received 4k dashboard, but I'm 100% sure my dashboard is still 1080p I've tried everything from switching from 1080p back to 4k, I've done power cycle...
  7. Dashboard looks choppy on my LG CX after the latest Alpha Skip Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Dashboard looks choppy on my LG CX after the latest Alpha Skip Ahead update: I don't have much to add about my issues. I have an Xbox Series X and a LG CX. Dash was choppy when using 4K 120 before some updates actually fixed that. Now after the latest Alpha Skip update,...
  8. Xbox friends not showing on latest dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox friends not showing on latest dashboard: Hi i having an issue where my friends is not showing online in just guide notifcation if i go the friends list it shows up with who is online etc. But nothing in the guide ive factory reset but...
  9. Are people still able to invite friends to Insider program to get the latest Dashboard updates

in XboX Insiders
    Are people still able to invite friends to Insider program to get the latest Dashboard updates: What’s the Current preview ring I’ve got Xbox Update Preview Beta Xbox Update Preview Delta Xbox Update Preview Omega Does any of them have the new Dashboard I haven’t enrolled into a...
  10. Didn't install the latest build, but my Guide already has the new layout! Dashboard updates...

in XboX Insiders
    Didn't install the latest build, but my Guide already has the new layout! Dashboard updates...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]