Latest Beta update. A curious tab called "XXX" is plagued on all my devices.

Discus and support Latest Beta update. A curious tab called "XXX" is plagued on all my devices. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; A bizarre post to make, but hear me out. As per the title, I'm not quite sure naming your Xbox Game Pass (even if they're placeholders) "XXX" and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PootNoodlez, Jun 1, 2020.

1. PootNoodlez
    PootNoodlez Guest

A bizarre post to make, but hear me out.

As per the title, I'm not quite sure naming your Xbox Game Pass (even if they're placeholders) "XXX" and "YYY" is such a grand idea. Even though I recognise this is likely placeholder text, I don't think the kids (all my devices are on family Xbox accounts)
    need to be searching why there's an "XXX" tab in their dashboards and download list. Either poorly named passes or a bug - I just hope it's the latter. Urgently need this resolving to continue testing on an Xbox One device unfortunately as I've had to hard
    reset and roll back an Xbox One to prevent this so the kids stop asking me what "XXX" is.

*insert laughing face here*

:)

PootNoodlez, Jun 1, 2020
  2. kev edin Win User

Its now being updated, I'm on skip ahead and they updated and fixed it last night . đź‘Ť
  3. PootNoodlez Win User

Morning,

I understand it isn't meant for kids and I knew that would be the response, however, you cannot differentiate a family account from Beta participated console.

Let me explain a bit after a bit of digging this morning.

The child accounts aren't even an Insiders participant. My personal account is, but the family accounts attached aren't yet they're seeing the same results on two consoles because the software doesn't differentiate account types (I've always
    thought MS did this in previous revisions) and instead assumes that the hardware is being used solely by you, the parent account. I reckon it's in their T&C's no doubt about it, but after reading it extensively in the last 24 hours (I've been with Xbox for
    almost 20 years next year and have never had to resort to such drastic action), it doesn't cover family account usage within the Insiders Programme and makes it a bit of a questionable legal perspective alone.

All three accounts see the same software revisions and having questioned the kids how they have updated their Xbox's, they are adamant they simply just ran the update when it prompted them (I'm assuming they mean a mandatory update) - one of these consoles
    were never registered on Insiders. Only my account is linked for family reasons yet they're receiving the same Insider updates. There is no way they have access to a parental account and couldn't even sign up to Insiders if they wanted to as their legal age
    is correct on the said accounts. I'm obviously a legal participant, but it doesn't explain why I'm seeing two Xbox's updated to the same revisions with insider updates with one that's never even touched the Insiders App that enlists you in to the programme.
    I use an Xbox One S to test UWP Apps (being a software developer) and of course, my personal PC too. The second console - I'm a bit lost with. After reverting them both this morning, the second console appeared to be bricked when rolling back. I nearly rang
    MS, but unplugging it and then re-booting it forced a software update after hard resetting it and loosing everything on the hard drive unfortunately. When I've logged back in to my account, everything appears fine, on a public stable release.

I should add there's two Xbox's and my PC. All three devices are "registered" in the Insiders programme, one of which definitely shouldn't be. There's three accounts, one legal-aged to test Xbox and PC Insider releases, two
    linked accounts to the parent one that are both under 18. It turns out there's a bigger issue at hand here...

Edit: I'll probably jump on their support channel and file a bug request detailing this step by step, but it's a bit erroneous at this point because I can't answer how the heck non-participated devices ended up with the insider updates. Maybe that's a bug
    within itself with linked family accounts, but it's odd, that's for sure.

Very odd situation.
  4. Smuroh Win User

Morning PootNoodlez,

I think they only way your concern will be seen is if you state it as a bug on the Xbox as i don't think they will notice it on here also are they all running on the same Xbox? because the insider program is not really meant to be for kids and like you stated
    they wont really understand it if they ran into bugs, and since its assigned to a console and not a profile anyone will access to that xbox is going to see it.

But i understand what your saying and where you are coming from, hopefully its something that gets updated soon.
  5. Frathos Win User

AFAIK, one has to individually register each device that one wants to participate in the Xbox Insider Program and it is the devices themselves that are registered in the program and not necessarily the XBL gamertag as Dashboard feature sets typically do
    affect all accounts that are added to the console(s). The Dashboard team may be including various Family account related UI features as I have seen surveys in Xbox Insider Hub app asking about those things (eg time limits etc, I don't do them as I am a single
    user of my devices with no children accounts).

If you don't want one of your consoles to be in the Insider Program then I recommend opening the Xbox Insider App on that console and use the manage UI to select and remove it (this will restore that console to the latest public Dashboard release so be prepared
    for a full Dashboard update instead of the smaller incremental ones).

I have the original Xbox One & Project Scorpio Xbox One X with both in the Dashboard Preview program (Alpha tier). My Xbox One X was not automatically enrolled into the Dashboard Preview program when I got it and I had to manually enroll it before it started
    getting Dashboard Preview builds.

I don't recall ever having seen any tabs labelled XXX for any of the various builds. It would help if you could post a picture so I can better visualize what tab or group you are referring to in the applicable screen(s).

If you are seeing XXX or YYY in a group in My Games & Apps then maybe you can try renaming it to something more applicable (eg Game Pass). If you have a group in My Games & Apps that is also pinned to your Home Page then note that changing the name in My
    Games & Apps should also change the displayed name of the same group that is pinned on the Home Page (if it doesn't then try removing the wrongly labelled group from the Dashboard and re-add it from My Games & Apps).

Additionally, if you continue to keep your console(s) in the Xbox Insiders Program then the best way to bring any issues that you notice to the attention of the Dashboard team is to use the Xbox Insiders Hub app feature to file a report (Hold Xbox nexus
    button, select Report a problem) with details of the issue so that they can get appropriate info from your console as part of the report.

Good luck!
  6. Smuroh Win User

Hey Frathos,

Its something to do with the skip ahead build, i also have it in mine, when you are on the home screen and scroll down to gamepass is shows "XXX" what i remember xbox saying is that sometimes they do this when testing different languages.

Also @PootNoodlez Frathos is correct and it is the xbox itself that is enrolled into the program and not the profile, each Xbox would have to be individually enrolled into the preview program to be seeing these updates, maybe install the preview app on those
    Xbox's to check and see if they are enrolled and if they are you can then remove them from in the app.
Thema:

1. Latest Beta update. A curious tab called "XXX" is plagued on all my devices. - Similar Threads - Latest Beta update

2. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  3. Anyone's Xbox being weird after the latest beta update?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone's Xbox being weird after the latest beta update?: So recently I was trying to open Xbox inside her hub and it just times out and some other notable applications timeout and trying to install games is bugging out (0x8027025a Is the error code)...
  4. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  5. Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...: Like the title says, after the Beta update yesterday, the game art doesn't change when cycling through games, I tried resetting the background to default but still can't get it to work. Possible...
  6. Why wasn't the latest Beta preview update release notes posted on Reddit yesterday?

in XboX Insiders
    Why wasn't the latest Beta preview update release notes posted on Reddit yesterday?: I check this site everyday for new update releases so it can be manually installed before I play. Today I discovered an update was automatically installed at 8.55am yesterday 17-5-2023. This...
  7. The latest Beta Ring update for the Xbox console has a hidden discord voice chat noise...

in XboX Insiders
    The latest Beta Ring update for the Xbox console has a hidden discord voice chat noise...: I noticed it last night after I updated my Series S and thought it was just on my end because mics plugged into the Xbox controller can be weird sometimes when it comes to sensitivity. But I had...
  8. NAT functionality broken (Latest Beta Build)

in XboX Insiders
    NAT functionality broken (Latest Beta Build): When I boot my XSX, my NAT will show 'Unavailable'. Setting a manual NAT and port forwarding it resolves the situation instantly. Next boot, XSX has selected another random NAT and displays...
  9. Microsoft Store softlock and restart bootloop on latest Xbox Insider Beta OS (Xbox One...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store softlock and restart bootloop on latest Xbox Insider Beta OS (Xbox One...: Since the last time I posted, I've stepped down to the beta software ring has so far been a smooth experience til the last update. The following issues have occurred Minor Bugs: •Accesssories...
  10. No headset audio in latest preview ring Beta

in XboX Insiders
    No headset audio in latest preview ring Beta: After updating my console, my headset no longer has any audio coming through it. I can hear the audio of the console starting up but once it gets to the home screen the audio stops. It says the...