Laptop slightly hotter than before. How can I fix it?

Discus and support Laptop slightly hotter than before. How can I fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a gaming laptop that I use like a desktop, and it usually runs really cool. But today, I brought it with me to a trip to another state on a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nicolov, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Nicolov
    Nicolov Guest

I have a gaming laptop that I use like a desktop, and it usually runs really cool. But today, I brought it with me to a trip to another state on a plane, and it seems to be slightly hotter than before (before: around 40C light browsing, now: 45-50). There were many turbulences that occurred, and on top of that, the car that I rode in traveled in a very bumpy road for an hour. What might have occurred to make the laptop slightly hotter? And will it be a cheap fix?

:)

Nicolov, Mar 23, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

It's probably dirt, but it could still be a defect, anyway I advise you to see a technician, Microsoft does not authorize guidance for self-repair.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

How Much Quieter is your Slim?

My S does get a lot hotter than my old launch. I also had an Arcade sku and the noise was basically the same after I installed the game. The S is only slightly more quiet imo.
  4. FearedNightmare Win User

Xbox one support

You'll have to give a bit more information, when does it occur, do you get an errorcode before it shuts off, is your Xbox hotter than it should be ?

Please provide as much information as you can
  5. DAZZA 433 Win User

Laptop CPU Temperatures running way too hot when playing Sea of Thieves

On gaming laptops some of the more modern cpu/gpu/apu's are able to go to around 120 degrees before shutting down due to overheating, Your laptop will have software that automatically reduces game performance when certain thresholds for temperature are hit
    to reduce the overall heat.

Laptops generally run far hotter than pc's when it comes to gaming, My gaming laptop will hit around 85 degrees on more modern games without issue.

There are aftermarket coolers you can get that will help with overall system temperatures and a few people like myself will replace the stock thermal paste with some good quality expensive paste (nano aluminium or diamond pastes work the best for transferring
    heat)
  6. talby71 Win User

The latest update to Xbox

not happy, if i try to use my wheel it runs hotter than usual as well, don't really want it to burn out either...come on Microsoft fix your error
Thema:

1. Laptop slightly hotter than before. How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Laptop slightly hotter

2. Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?: I tried every steps to reset Microsoft store. But still it is not opening. Also my wsreset.exe command not working. 63e5f5cd-3771-41dd-9a66-02f88df69084
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  5. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  6. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  7. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  8. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  9. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  10. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...