Laptop not detecting Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Discus and support Laptop not detecting Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller has stopped being detected by my laptop without warning yesterday. I had been prompted to update its firmware by the accessories app on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IxArteese, Mar 31, 2022.

1. IxArteese
    IxArteese Guest

My controller has stopped being detected by my laptop without warning yesterday. I had been prompted to update its firmware by the accessories app on my xbox one, and did so, and played a legacy console game on it. A power surge turned it off during it, and I went to play a game on my laptop instead. However, it's no longer working via bluetooth. It's being detected as "Xbox Wireless Controller" instead of the usual elite title, and when connected via bluetooth none of its inputs are detected. When I attempted to connect it with a cord its inputs could be detected, but after going to the accessories app it wasn't being detected. It's still being detected when wired on my xbox one, however.

:)

IxArteese, Mar 31, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi IxArteese! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some older non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

How do I change my controller LED light?

4. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

Thema:

1. Laptop not detecting Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Similar Threads - Laptop detecting Elite

2. Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?: I tried every steps to reset Microsoft store. But still it is not opening. Also my wsreset.exe command not working. 63e5f5cd-3771-41dd-9a66-02f88df69084
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  5. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  6. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  7. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  8. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  9. Playstation 4 controller not detected through USB on HP victus laptop with Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playstation 4 controller not detected through USB on HP victus laptop with Windows 11: Currently the controller will charge if connected via USB to the laptop. However, in settings no device is recognized as being connected. I tried using a wireless mouse in the same USB slot and it...
  10. Laptop wouldn't detect headset microphone

in XBoX on Windows
    Laptop wouldn't detect headset microphone: Hello, So i bought a Razer kraken X and I tried connecting it to my laptop ,which is an Acer Nitro 5, SO when I connect it I can hear everything from the headset but when I test the microphone...