Lan play (minecraft bedrock problem, please respond)

Discus and support Lan play (minecraft bedrock problem, please respond) in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; alright so I'm playing minecraft bedrock, and like, in the joinable games tab, I can join games that have other people playing on the same wifi... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Fluffy Fox, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Fluffy Fox
    Fluffy Fox Guest

alright so I'm playing minecraft bedrock, and like, in the joinable games tab, I can join games that have other people playing on the same wifi network, you know lan play. I am REALLY uncomfortable with this, so I have a few questions. 1, if I'm playing on a friend's server, can other people on the same network still join me, even if it isn't my world? 2, HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF? is there any way to make it so people on the same network can't see my worlds or join them? PLEASE REPLY TO THIS. I am really uncomfortable and I want to know how to stop it from doing this. Thank you.

:)

Fluffy Fox, Nov 7, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Fluffy Fox,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

I understand that you have questions about multiplayer gaming in Minecraft. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Joining LAN and Joining a Server are two different types of Multiplayer options in Minecraft.

To answer your question #1, if I'm playing on a friend's server, can other people on the same network still join me, even if it isn't my world?

As long as you have internet connection, and the other player knows the server information

When you are Joining a server, this means that you are joining a server thought the internet.

Join a server:

• On the Servers tab, click a server.
    Add an external server:

• On the Servers tab, click Add Server and enter the necessary information.
      If you need help locating this information, contact the server owner.
    For LAN games

• Each player that wants to join must be connected to the same network.
    • The selected host device must be capable of running a server of the chosen world.
    • Everyone joining must run the same version of the game as the host.
    Please see full article here : How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer – Home

For question #2. Hosting a LAN server, by design should allow people to see your game when you are on the same network and I believe this is by default. On the other hand, when doing some research, there are issues that comes out when people are not seeing the Host of the LAN server. The reason is their network settings is set to public and private is disabled. I'm not saying that this is the proper solution but a work around is to set you network to remove public and private option in network discovery.

The other option is when creating a new world

Create new then choose the Multiplayer option turn on Multiplayer, Disable the Visible to LAN players option. The game should not be visible from other local network users.

Windows Firewall Settings

Open Control Panel

System and security>Windows Defender firewall.

Locate Allow an app or feature through the Windows defender firewall.

Click Change Settings

Look for the Minecraft apps and disable or uncheck public and private access for Minecraft.

Once we receive your answers to the questions above, we may suggest additional troubleshooting measures.

Looking Forward for your next reply.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

LAN on Minecraft Bedrock Edition Problem... (Please Respond)

Hello AnthonyGamer, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble when trying to play via LAN with your brother.

I would like to let you know that in situations like these (in-game / specific game issues), the recommended action is to reach out to the dedicated game support. You can do it by visiting the next link:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

In case you need to review when it's necessary to reach Microsoft support or the dedicated game support, please visit this article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. Duvangamer 3845 Win User

Minecraft

is minecraft java or bedrock?, if it is bedrock , you need to get into your xbox lve account and change the permissions, if you have pirated, download an apk with xbox live an finish!,if you purchased it, sing in, if you already made it, i dont know how help you, if it is minecraft java, open in lan for friends, or play with servers (look the correct version and the ip and if it is premium or no premium
  5. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft

Hi Jayden0000

There are two versions of Minecraft. The original 'Java' edition and the newer 'Bedrock' edition. It is only the Bedrock edition that can be linked to your Xbox Live account (i.e. Microsoft account) and be played with other Xbox users. The Java edition can only be played on local LAN, realms, or online servers.

Do you know which version you have? Java is normally purchased from the Minecraft website and Bedrock is normally purchased from the Microsoft store.

Let us know, so we may be able to help you further.
  6. ZeroFPS Gaming (YT) Win User

Hey I claimed minecraft in 2019 long ago but now I can't play it says I don't own it why pls fix

Hello sir I am a Xbox Ambassador and gamer. I'll be happy to help on your case.

Please make sure that you are using the account you bought Minecraft: Bedrock Edition with. Log into that account, then download the new launcher for Minecraft (links below). It is a all-in-one launcher for Minecraft: Java, Minecraft: Bedrock, Minecraft Dungeons, and the upcoming Minecraft Legends.

Once you download the launcher, select Microsoft login, and log into the same Microsoft account that you bought Minecraft: Bedrock with. Then, click Minecraft for Windows, and click "Install" or "Play"

I hope your problem is solved, and if it is, please kindly mark this thread as answered and give my reply an upvote. Have a nice day!
Thema:

1. Lan play (minecraft bedrock problem, please respond) - Similar Threads - Lan play minecraft

2. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  3. Does Minecraft now require an Xbox Gold subscription for LAN play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Minecraft now require an Xbox Gold subscription for LAN play?: Trying to play bedrock edition with an Xbox One and PC and having a significant amount of difficulty. I was wondering if the way Xbox Gold interacts with LAN play has recently changed. Thanks!...
  4. Why can I only cross play Minecraft on LAN and not from a distance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I only cross play Minecraft on LAN and not from a distance?: I have heard from multiple people now that this is an issue regarding one of our Microsoft account settings, which isn’t true because we have all made sure our settings are correct. I play on the...
  5. I always play minecraft with my children on LAN recently when we try to play it says cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I always play minecraft with my children on LAN recently when we try to play it says cannot...: I always play minecraft with my children on LAN recently when we try to play it says cannot connect to world and on my xbox s it has started saying world upload failed help!...
  6. Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN: So I'm trying to play with another player on a LAN connection but when I try to join it says "unable to connect to world". I've uninstalled Minecraft from my pc and reinstalled it but the problem...
  7. Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to play Minecraft with other players on LAN: So I'm trying to play with another player on a LAN connection but when I try to join it says "unable to connect to world". I've uninstalled Minecraft from my pc and reinstalled it but the problem...
  8. Minecraft LAN issue cross play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft LAN issue cross play: Okay so my issue is I want to create a world on my iphone minecraft app, however my brother cannot join it on his xbox one. I tried turning off the LAN on minecraft on my phone and he still is not...
  9. Minecraft game play on LAN between XBox One and Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft game play on LAN between XBox One and Windows 10 PC: Hi All, My son (11) plays Minecraft on Xbox one using my gamer profile. We're able to play across LAN every now and again, him on Xbox and me on PC - the gamer name just adds (2) at the end when...
  10. Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN: Help! After much research, I was able to get my kids playing Minecraft together at home. We have been using the LAN method, which has worked fine to date. And, we are not interested in a monthly...