Lag spikes every 5 seconds on Xbox series x

Discus and support Lag spikes every 5 seconds on Xbox series x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I use fiber optic cable,Nat is open and internet works perfectly fine on other devices.But on my Xbox I have ping spikes, always on a 5 seconds... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LoraAlexxis, Feb 15, 2023.

1. LoraAlexxis
    LoraAlexxis Guest

Lag spikes every 5 seconds on Xbox series x [​IMG]
    I use fiber optic cable,Nat is open and internet works perfectly fine on other devices.But on my Xbox I have ping spikes, always on a 5 seconds pattern.if there’s any way to fix it please help.It makes playing games like call of duty an unbearable nightmare.

:)

LoraAlexxis, Feb 15, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try clearing your console's cache by following the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If the issue persists, kindly try changing DNS on your console.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

4. Please hard reboot the console

To hard reboot Press the Xbox button for 10 to 15 seconds until the console turns off. Unplug it from the wall for 3 minutes then plug it back in and turn it back on.
  3. WavingEagle5328 Win User

Update causing problems

I have the same problem ever since the update. I have noticed around every 30 seconds a lag spike that last about 5 to 7 seconds.
  4. JahMushie Win User

IPV4 & IPV 6 issues

Yes my isp supports ipv6. My speed test is 860 download speed,890 upload, with 5 ping. I shouldnt be having serious lag spikes every 60 seconds :(
  5. HellbentCRS Win User

The Division beta problems.

Just wondering if anyone else is having lag spiking issues? It seems to happen in the dark zone only for a fraction of a second every 5 - 8 secs. Its not a game breaker but can get a little annoying.
  6. CasualWolfGamer Win User

My Xbox game clips are lagging

Funny how I haven't had this issue on my xbox one x ever but when I go on my xbox series S then it just starts having the lag spike issues with my captures.
Thema:

1. Lag spikes every 5 seconds on Xbox series x - Similar Threads - Lag spikes every

2. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  3. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  4. Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games?: I play on PC, I have no issues outside of gaming and get about 500-600mbps download and upload speeds with and without an ethernet connection. I never used to have any of these issues until I came...
  5. Fortnite lag spikes and input lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite lag spikes and input lag: I play fortnite competitive and been having problems with inputlag and lag spikes My pc and xbox are both experiencing the same problems when I'm in game, I don't play any other games competitive...
  6. Xbox Series X/S getting lag spikes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S getting lag spikes: So I have been playing Minecraft and Fortnite and Warzone on my Xbox series X, and been getting many lag spikes lately. Usually never happens, been only happening for about 3-4 days. My internet...
  7. Xbox Series X experiencing very frequent Lag Spikes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X experiencing very frequent Lag Spikes: A couple months ago my Series X just started randomly experiencing lag spikes. It doesn't matter the game, I experience them on every game, for reference I play UFC 4 and NBA 2k23, that's it. My...
  8. Minecraft Having Lag Spikes About Every 9 Seconds on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Having Lag Spikes About Every 9 Seconds on Series X: Whenever I open minecraft, im always greeted with a periodic lag spike out of no where. It's a very rough one that lasts about 2-3 seconds and it basically makes the game unplayable. Regardless of...
  9. White Screen - GFX lag spike

in XBoX on Consoles
    White Screen - GFX lag spike: Hi! I forgot my admin password to my gaming laptop & so I had it reset. My data has been transferred over but now I get a lag spike when gfx increases a bit, this lag spike, freezes my entire...
  10. xbox series s lag spike

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s lag spike: Hello community thank you for your time. Ever since I got an xbox series s i would get lag spikes occasionally. My internet on the xbox series s would shut off then turn on right away. I dont...