Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired

Discus and support Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I recently got a htc vice cosmos elite and I hardwired both the pc and the Xbox in order to stream to the headset via the companion app and the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Therealdudeguykid, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired

So I recently got a htc vice cosmos elite and I hardwired both the pc and the Xbox in order to stream to the headset via the companion app and the stream just freezes inadvertently. My stream test checked all quality as good. I have fios with 300mbs up and down. Xbox one and a brand new Alienware m15 with more than enough power memory. Thought?

submitted by /u/Therealdudeguykid
    [link] [comments]

/u/Therealdudeguykid, Jul 13, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.G. Win User

Lag while streaming.

Hello. I would try the suggestions XxGodOfWar2xX mentioned.

>

Also 5.7Mbps should be fine for streaming movies, unless of course you are using bandwidth for other activities. If you're streaming movies/videos from multiple devices, playing games, and checking your e-mail at the same time, the 5.7Mbps just isn't going
    to cut it...at least not with some buffering.

>

Here is a link for Netflix and how to adjust usage
    support.netflix.com/.../87

>

Here is a link for the recommended speed requirements for Netflix
    support.netflix.com/.../306

>

As you can see, your speed of 5.7Mbps meets the minimum for H.D.. Super H.D. and 3D are out of the question for your connection. Netflix and other streaming sites usually auto adjust for the best picture quality. I know you can cap what Netflix uses.

>

Hope this helps, J.R.
  3. XxGodOfWar2xX Win User

Lag while streaming.

Hello.

Have you tried unplugging the router & modem for 60 seconds?

I've had experiences where it was plugged in for a certain amount of time and it had gotten slow.
  4. Threeper Bart Win User

Lag while streaming.

Thanks, but my major issue is trying to watch the demo video of a game or promotional of anything through the XBox. When I last watched a video through the XBox it downloaded and then played without any issues. The Promotionals will not download only stream.
    When I play a game in Multiplayer there is no activity on any other devices in the house. An example of the lag is playing COD: Black Ops. I see the opponent, I unload half a clip into them before I see them notice me. Then the Kill cam displays showing that
    they killed me with a knife before I even pulled the trigger. I have since given up on multiplayer but why can't I watch a five minute demo vid advertising XBox One without it stopping and buffering every ten to fifteen seconds. I like the above suggestions
    but why do I need 20Mbps Comcast just so I can play demos provided by XBox?
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Lag while streaming.

The demo videos on X Box take a lot of Juice! Lol. Over at my girlfriends (3Mbps.) it buffers constantly with videos from the dash. I average 23Mbps and every once in a great while get a split second of buffering. It might have something do with how many
    people are stream, as the few times I've experienced the buffering at my house it was a new and a popular video.

>

Black Ops II or ANY C.O.D. game will lag. You are not just dealing with your internet, but 11 or so other people that may have terrible internet. Add people that lag-switch and manipulate bandwidth by other means? A terrible experience. As someone who plays
    a lot of C.O.D. on X Box and PS3, it isn't system dependent.

>

If you are playing/watching videos at certain times of the day, it could be your I.S.P. getting overloaded. With my old I.S.P., 4:00p.m. to around 11:00p.m. was rubbish as the kiddies were getting home from school and people watching Netflix/etc. until they
    went to bed.

>

Do you run into this problem watching the same videos on your P.C.?

>

Peace, J.R.
  6. Threeper Bart Win User

Lag while streaming.

I tried to think of all questions before hand, guess I missed. Being in IT for the past 25 years I considered the above link the basics. This has been an issue for almost a year. I've been through a couple modems and routers. The only two things that have
    been in common the whole time are the Console and using DSL. As indicated in my original question my speed does meet the minimum qualifications. As a real example: today I tried to view one of the demos for the XBox One. It played for about ten seconds then
    took five seconds to buffer again to play ten more seconds.
Thema:

Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired

1. Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired - Similar Threads - Lag freeze while

2. Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?: I recently purchased a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter and installed it correctly on my system. However, I am experiencing consistent packet loss and high latency issues while playing games. What's...
  3. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  4. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  5. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  7. Xbox lagging horribly nothing works

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox lagging horribly nothing works: Has anyone else been dealing with this ? Restarting doesn’t work and my boyfriend is having the issues with his , it’s becoming impossible to play games submitted by /u/JeromeBigCock [link]...
  8. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  9. Freezing / lag on Dashboard - could the insider program be worth trying or not?

in XboX Insiders
    Freezing / lag on Dashboard - could the insider program be worth trying or not?: So I don’t know if this is the right place to post but my Xbox series s freezes and lags every few seconds on the dashboard. When I eventually load into a game it runs fine. If I go back to the...
  10. Xbox Menu Lag, Random Shutdowns, and mainly freezing,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Menu Lag, Random Shutdowns, and mainly freezing,: I’ve had this xbox (Xbox one S) for awhile now and it has never done anything until it started having some menu lag. It wasn’t horrible at that time but now I can’t even quit a game or sign out my...