Lack of payment options for Indian Customers

Discus and support Lack of payment options for Indian Customers in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to highlight the issue Indians are facing when making a purchase on the Microsoft store. In india, most debit cards are 2FA enabled which... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MalayRaj, May 5, 2021.

1. MalayRaj
    MalayRaj Guest

Hi,

I wanted to highlight the issue Indians are facing when making a purchase on the Microsoft store. In india, most debit cards are 2FA enabled which means they need to be verified via OTP before making any sort of transaction. So even if a card is enabled for international use, it won;t work since Microsoft Store does not deploy the OTP verification method. Moreover, MS Store does not offer us to make payments via other methods such as Google Pay, Paypal, PayTM etc in india which is serious lack of attention to Indian customers.

In the end, one is not able to make purchases which is harming both MS and customers.

-Malay Raj

:)

MalayRaj, May 5, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well no as Google and other payment methods would take a cut

PayPal is the only other that available it's not widely available for all xbox regions you are just going to have to wait
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Why no UPI or any alternative payment options yet

Hello Krishnendulaha,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand your concern regarding the payment options available for Indian customers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

At this time, we do not have any information regarding the implementation of UPI or any alternative payment options for Indian customers. However, we appreciate your feedback and will forward it to the appropriate team for consideration.

In the meantime, we suggest using a valid credit or debit card to make purchases on the Xbox Store. As of this time, these payment options are currently available in your region.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Microsoft products.

Sincerely,

4. Sasukeneeds69 Win User

whenever i am trying to buy anything on xbox they told me to verify your card through bank authorisation but it won't redirect me to bank verification page

Yes I'm located in Indian my bank is "Paytm Payments Bank"
  5. WPAK Win User

Help

6. RiposaurusRex Win User

I can't play on Xbox Live

If you have a payment option in decline on your account then your account will be suspended for lack of payments. The reason you are getting that error when you put in the pre-paided code is because you can not add anymore time to the account until the missed
    payments are made on the account and the account has become unlocked.

Here is the support article telling you how to update your payment options:
    support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-payment-option

You can try adding and changing your payment options on your account on your end but you may need to contact customer support if you are having issue doing so or it will not let you. Customer support number is 1-800-469-9269 for the U.S. and Canada, or,
    you can go to the bottom of any support page and click on contact us, or, go here:
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
Thema:

1. Lack of payment options for Indian Customers - Similar Threads - Lack payment options

2. A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox: I have heard the whole issue of a few Japanese game developers not releasing their games on Xbox, and that makes me disappointed, most notably, Square-Enix neglected to make a port of Final...
  3. Game Pass language, unacceptable bad. Lack of simple features.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass language, unacceptable bad. Lack of simple features.: I am just gonna flat out state that it is unacceptable how badly this platform is for people that do not have English as their first language, and do not want their entire Windows to be English,...
  4. Lack of Alpha Skip Ahead updates

in XboX Insiders
    Lack of Alpha Skip Ahead updates: Why there hasn't been a Alpha-Skip Ahead update recently, is there something I missed? submitted by /u/M1chlCZ [link] [comments]
  5. Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?

in XBoX on Windows
    Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?: Hello, I found out on the evening of December 16th that my account was fraudulently charged on the morning of the 16th. So, I immediately contacted Microsoft customer service and connected with an...
  6. Ubisoft neglect of Wildlands and the lack of a 60fps update

in XboX Insiders
    Ubisoft neglect of Wildlands and the lack of a 60fps update: Ubisoft needs to give Wildlands a 60fps update. They've updated most of of not all their other modern mainline games but for some reason Wildlands gets left behind. I really enjoyed the game back...
  7. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...
  8. Xbox enforcement: Service delivery failure, incompetence and lack of accountability

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox enforcement: Service delivery failure, incompetence and lack of accountability: I recently received an enforcement on my profile which resulted in a communication ban. As a paying customer I expect the live services to be delivered. The ban was triggered by my profile...
  9. Lack of error messages for "blocked" accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lack of error messages for "blocked" accounts: Tried to log into multiple Microsoft run/associated websites. But it just wouldn't complete the log in process, sending me back to the log in screen time and time again, at best the url would tell...
  10. Live membership suspended by lack of payment.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live membership suspended by lack of payment.: I get the message : 'Your membership is suspended until you pay for it ...'' I think I already had payed for LIVE GOLD but... even if not , should not I still be able to connect live (without...