Know Gamertag, forgot email

Discus and support Know Gamertag, forgot email in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I made my kid an account. I have her gamertag. I cannot remember what email I used. If I can know what email was used to create it, then I can get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rwriterr, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Rwriterr
    Rwriterr Guest

Hi,

I made my kid an account. I have her gamertag. I cannot remember what email I used. If I can know what email was used to create it, then I can get back in.

I tried https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

but it just hangs there and does nothing.

:)

Rwriterr, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Rwriterr Win User

These did not work.

The first did not understand the gamertag

I do not know the email.

This link dosn't work at all https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

Which it seems to be what I need. I do not have an Xbox, just an iPad with Minecraft
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Nope, there is no way to know. Unless you have the email address written or saved in a paper / notepad
  4. Rwriterr Win User

is there a way to know what email was used to create a gamertag? If I know this, I can recover easily
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, as I said unfortunately an account cannot be recovered with the gamertag alone, because its not enough proof of ownership

Please use the methods shared previously

If you're not able to recover the account in that way, you may need to create a new one
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Rwriterr

As you don't remember your account email, I can advise you fill the account recovery form, in that way you're going to submit a ticket with Microsoft account recovery team https://account.live.com/acsr

You can try all the emails you remember or if you had a phone number attached to the account, you can use that too.

Sadly, an account cannot be recovered with the gamertag alone, because its not enough proof of ownership

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please note that no one here including regular Microsoft Support is not capable to send password reset links for security policies
Thema:

1. Know Gamertag, forgot email - Similar Threads - Gamertag forgot email

2. i forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at...: I forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at xbox support and the ai 46416929-4ee4-4f7b-bc91-43c6557f6de8
  3. Forgot My Email, still remembers my GamerTag and Password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgot My Email, still remembers my GamerTag and Password: Forgot My Email, still remembers my GamerTag and Password. Anyway to recover it? Iav tried the recovery methods linked in the other threads but none are helpful....
  4. I know my username(gamertag) and password for my account but I forgot which email I used....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username(gamertag) and password for my account but I forgot which email I used....: I know my username(gamertag) and password for my account but I forgot which email I used. Is it possible to recover the email address based of the gamertag? c9218ef8-f2b5-4e50-9888-cd601623f8cd
  5. Remember Gamertag for Xbox but forgot email and password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remember Gamertag for Xbox but forgot email and password: Hello there, so a few years ago I made a new account on Minecraft with the gamertag “CantonHK”. This account was my main used for playing Minecraft with friends and etc. The previous year,...
  6. So i forgot the email from my account but is know my gamertag how can i log in now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    So i forgot the email from my account but is know my gamertag how can i log in now?: So i forgot the email from my account but is know my gamertag how can i log in now? 932789ef-488d-4144-9b53-4cda885def56
  7. I forgot my email and I don't remember anything except my gamertag and I remember the last...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my email and I don't remember anything except my gamertag and I remember the last...: I forgot my email and I don't remember anything except my gamertag and I remember the last password I had and I don't have any access that I know of that will return me to the email of what the...
  8. Remember gamertag and password but Forgot email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remember gamertag and password but Forgot email: I made a Xbox account for Minecraft on PlayStation and i dont remember the email but i do remember the gamertag and password the articles on Xbox support dont work for me...
  9. Forgot my email address but remember gamertag and password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgot my email address but remember gamertag and password: I had an account that I would play Fallout 4 on, spent a lot of time playing the game. I had to factory reset my console because of other issues, but I forgot to check what email address I used...
  10. Forgot email id associated with my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgot email id associated with my gamertag: Hi, I have forgotten the email id that was used while I created my gamertag . Can anyone provide me any link to recover the email Id associated with this gamertag? Thanks in advance....