Kingdom Come Deliverance is showing error code 0x80070002

Discus and support Kingdom Come Deliverance is showing error code 0x80070002 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've updated my Windows 10. Cleared the software distribution folder and even reinstalled Windows and still no luck. All my other games work... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ziggy1969-22, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Ziggy1969-22
    Ziggy1969-22 Guest

I've updated my Windows 10.

Cleared the software distribution folder and even reinstalled Windows and still no luck.

All my other games work flawlessly.

My PC's specs are way beyond the minimum.

I played the game on Gamepass a while ago with no issues. Now I've bought the game and it won't work.

I've checked the KCD file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Ziggy1969-22, Sep 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, because it seems that you tried basically everything from your side :c
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, well. Even if it wasn't a fresh install. You should be able to install the game.

Because usually reinstalling windows is the last option.

If you don't mind the next step will be format your internal drive and reinstall windows from scratch (you may need to copy the important files to an external drive and restore them as soon as windows is installed)

---

Or if you want to try this before consider that:

Create a new NTFS partition, after that go to Windows settings > system > storage > where new content is saved > select the recently created drive under "Apps"

In case you need to know how to create a partition follow this tutorial:

https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Ziggy1969-22 Win User

I did a dirty install with an installer from the MS website. It wasn't a fresh install.

I'm going to try deleting the game again and reinstall to another drive.

I wonder if trying on a SSD rather than a HDD, although I can't see what difference it would make.

I'll try another Windows login.

Thanks for the advice.

Edit I tried on another hard drive, no luck. I tried on another sign-in in Windows. Same result.

I've emailed the developers.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You tried a lot of things already, and even if you try to install the game on a different drive the issue persists. Right?

If yes, what about creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

By the way, when you say "reinstalled Windows" how did you do?
    Via Windows Settings? or using a bootable USB drive?
Thema:

1. Kingdom Come Deliverance is showing error code 0x80070002 - Similar Threads - Kingdom Deliverance showing

2. Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...: So I was going to update my xbox last night to get the update that fixed the save issue in Baldur's Gate 3 and noticed when I go to check update status that it shows English United Kingdom...
  3. How do I my progress of mergest kingdom from msn games to my Facebook account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I my progress of mergest kingdom from msn games to my Facebook account ?: I want to link my progress with facebook but I cant find it in the settings , what am I doing wrong? 9e7d7da1-6268-4ee5-8bd7-4771c1133538
  4. Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??: I just purchased the Xbox series x and throughout the setup I saw no where that I could have possibly told it that I was in the uk, but now that I am trying to set up a payment form for game pass,...
  5. mergest kingdom image error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mergest kingdom image error: Hi team, need help for the game mergest kingdom from microsoft edge games it directly link to cleverapps games. yesterday it working fine. then suddenly this morning it cant load the image game...
  6. My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset: I logged into MSN today to play the game and my progress is completely wiped. I tried relogging and checking and it's still gone. I clicked on another game that I've played and that was perfectly...
  7. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom Questions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom Questions: 1. Is there any promotional content? (I.E. Anything only available for a limited time or more complicated than just buying DLC) 2. Is there anything permanently missable, even rewards for...
  8. Cloud Gaming/Collecting Points from Xbox Quests Unavailable (Northern Ireland/United Kingdom)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming/Collecting Points from Xbox Quests Unavailable (Northern Ireland/United Kingdom): Hi all, In the last 2 weeks I've been unable to collect points from playing games doing the quests and all that on the Xbox Series S. Even though the quests go off I can't collect them, it just...
  9. Disney magic kingdom recovery microsoft graph account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney magic kingdom recovery microsoft graph account?: Gameloft says I need to recover account thru microsoft graph account. Update game. Did this still no game, d9191109-6393-4235-91a7-bb87d8c0b054
  10. Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom Chapter trophy not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom Chapter trophy not unlocking: I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom on PC. I'm on chapter 8 now but chapter 7 trophy has not unlocked yet. a2e228c9-9812-446c-841d-1f989df42569