Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update

Discus and support Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just installed the fall update and now when I say 'Xbox, select' it tries to sign me out! Worked fine 20 minutes before the update now I have to use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Sheen Ultra, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update

Just installed the fall update and now when I say 'Xbox, select' it tries to sign me out! Worked fine 20 minutes before the update now I have to use the controller as I can't select anything on the screen with voice...

:)

Mr Sheen Ultra, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Xbox Voice Control and the Latest Update.

In the Fall 2017 Update it seems like Voice control was over simplified to the point of unusable. There is literally no use for the kinect at all.

This was not a good update at all. The way the Dashboard looks, The oversized fonts, the glow effects in selections, the fact I cant say "Xbox Select" and the way that Guide functions now is horrible.

I would like like an option to rollback this update to the previous version as it was easier to use and more pleasing to the eye.

Oscar219 Tyler, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Fall update 2017

I don't completely understand how it's considered "faster". They added new pages to get through to get to where you want to go. I have to tab to my friends then click on my friends to see my friends. It definitely requires extra steps. Also the party chat
    system is bugged. You can't navigate through it. I hope they make some changes soon

SuperSaiyan4GT, Oct 18, 2017
  4. amstel78 Win User

Kinect not recognized after soft reboot/restart

OK, the Fall 2017 update brought some changes to the behavior. When rebooting, the WiFi network hardware no longer goes offline. The Kinect on the other hand still fails to be recognized. So, at least one thing has improved.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Pins not showing on Home Page since 2017 fall update

Hi

The pins have been relocated if you press the Xbox Button on the controller to bring up the guide below the home button you will see three symbols and the one on the right that looks like a drawing pin will be your pins. Once you have opened pins if you
    scroll to the very bottom of the list you should see an option to Add pins to home that add the pins back to your homescreen.
  6. bcas400g Win User

Pins not showing on Home Page since 2017 fall update

Hi

The pins have been relocated if you press the Xbox Button on the controller to bring up the guide below the home button you will see three symbols and the one on the right that looks like a drawing pin will be your pins. Once you have opened pins if you
    scroll to the very bottom of the list you should see an option to Add pins to home that add the pins back to your homescreen.
    Yes, thanks for the reply!

I see where the Pin icon is, but when I go there is says you have no pins add some, and when I do pin something then go check, nothing is in my pins.
  7. ReproductioN-A10C66D Win User

kinect

With the new Dashboard update coming this Fall, you are able to navigate through the dashboard, Netflix, and other apps using Kinect. Eliminates the controller since you are just using your voice/hands.
  8. amstel78 Win User

Xbox One - external USB 3.0 hard drive causing network and Kinect issues

The Fall 2017 update brought some changes to the behavior detailed above. Now when performing a soft reboot, the WiFi network hardware no longer goes offline. The Kinect on the other hand still fails to be recognized. One thing has been rectified while
    the other still remains troublesome.

I'm wondering if the Xbox is unable to supply sufficient voltage to the camera during a soft reboot, hence it not being recognized unless it's physically disconnected/reconnected while the Xbox is on, or a hard reset is performed.
Thema:

Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update

1. Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update - Similar Threads - Kinect select working

2. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  5. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  6. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  7. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  8. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  9. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 cannot select with slash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 cannot select with slash: I have tried all the suggestions on this issue that dates back to 2017 but will not fix. HELP. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 still not working I saw other threads of people with the same issue but the fix...
  10. "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect: it appears Netflix, Hulu, all apps no longer have Kinect commands when you say Xbox select. is it no longer supported? everything else seems to work and hard reboots do nothing....