kinect was the only reason for me to buy an xbox

Discus and support kinect was the only reason for me to buy an xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had kinect on my xbox 360 and I liked it a lot. The kids used it for just dance and Kung-Fu High Impact. I used it to get in shape with Nike +... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zglider, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Zglider
    Zglider Guest

I had kinect on my xbox 360 and I liked it a lot.

The kids used it for just dance and Kung-Fu High Impact.

I used it to get in shape with Nike + Kinect Training (and your shape fitness evolved)

I was hoping to see an update of the fitness games because they were really great on the xbox360.

But instead microsoft closed Xbox Fitness on the xbox one.

I have no reason to upgrade to the xbox one now

and I am thinking to buy a ps4, because kinect was the only reason I chose xbox.

:)

Zglider, Jan 17, 2018
  2. Major Angry
    Major Angry Guest
    Some of you are going to cry.....

Oh I so hope this is Only on Kinect as its now my perfect reason to buy Kinect.

Major Angry, Jan 17, 2018
  3. MarkusDages
    MarkusDages Guest
    Xbox Kinect dead?

I read in press that MS will discontinue Kinect.

At the last E3 no new games arrived with usage of the Kinect sensor.

What about these rumors?

I'm think about to buy a Xbox One with Kinect, because I'm very happy with 360 and Kinect. But at the moment I don't see any reason to buy XOne, because there are no game titles for Kinect today and only a few on the horizon for future.

Is Kinect dead?

MarkusDages, Jan 17, 2018
  4. Major Angry Win User

Some of you are going to cry.....

Oh I so hope this is Only on Kinect as its now my perfect reason to buy Kinect.
  5. Whetzel Win User

remove kinect

From what I understand, the Kinect syncs the controllers. It says nothing about the controllers connecting via the Kinect.

-

I still see no reason why the Kinect shouldn't be an option.

-

The fact that the Kinect can not be unplugged from the Xbox One is the only thing keeping me from buying one.
  6. Whetzel Win User

Anyone actually looking forward to Kinect?

The fact that the Kinect is bundled with every system (costing me extra money that I wouldn't have spent, given the choice) and the system won't operate without it plugged in is the only reason why I'm NOT buying an Xbox One.

-

So, in short, No. I am not looking forward to Kinect.
  7. Dhuran Win User

77 million xbox360 consoles sold, 10 million Kinect sold

[quote user="OUgroundGAME"]

They are much more likely to do so with everyone having one than with an uncertain % having it.

[/quote]

The only 'next gen' option they are giving to people who don't want a Kinect is, "Buy from our competitor". So instead of the number of Kinect users being lower, the number of Xbox One users will be lower.

-

I don't hate Kinect, and I'm not afraid of it for some reason. The only reason I don't want one, is because I haven't seen a compelling reason to own it. If I saw that it provided something that was worthwhile to me, I would have no problem buying one, but
    until then...why would I?

-

Chances are I'm not going to buy a PS4. I don't like their controller, and I'm rather attached to Xbox Live. Unfortunately, I'm also not buying an Xbox One, since they don't want me to. I'm not upset about it. If anything they're saving me money. In the
    long run the only group it hurts are the people that are putting money down on the system.
  8. ThisParty©FitsHisFa Win User

Off Topic Chatter

My son is the same, only one of his friends with access to Xbox One at the moment.

Kinect is the best thing ever and a main reason for me buying the One. I just love using voice commands (Laziness really)
Thema:

1. kinect was the only reason for me to buy an xbox - Similar Threads - kinect was reason

2. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  3. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  4. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  5. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  6. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?: I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new...
  7. Kinect issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect issue: Good day, so I recently got my Xbox one updated using the latest offline update software, set up went well, however upon trying to plug in my Kinect I am met with an error "there was a problem...
  8. Microsoft Edge Xbox One Kinect Crashing browser (Fix or solution?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Edge Xbox One Kinect Crashing browser (Fix or solution?): Hello and happy holidays to everyone, I have a problem here. I have an Xbox one, the black version and I want to Video chat with my friend with my Xbox One Kinect on Microsoft Edge, the problem...
  9. How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?: I want to play xbox 360 games on my pc because some of them are discontinued and most of them are cheaper. After I sold my xbox 360 console, but a few years later I found my xbox 360 games that I...
  10. There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

in XBoX on Consoles
    There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers: Project Spark is a good reason for it. A working as-intended Kinect 2.0 is also a necessity for Microsoft since they've spent so much money on advertising, etc. I will admit it is getting better....