Kinect uses 10% resources, will it perform better without kincect plugged in?

Discus and support Kinect uses 10% resources, will it perform better without kincect plugged in? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I read somewhere that 10% of the cpu power is reserved for the kinect sensor, so if i disconnect the sensor will i have a better performance? I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BRADERSLFC, Jan 6, 2014.

1. BRADERSLFC
    BRADERSLFC Guest

I read somewhere that 10% of the cpu power is reserved for the kinect sensor, so if i disconnect the sensor will i have a better performance?

I was also playing the nba demo and i thought the graphics would be amazing and it looked quite average to me anyone else find this or is it different on the full game?

And i was having a look at the video settings colour rgb etc just wondering what everyone is using?

:)

BRADERSLFC, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Xbox One - Now with less Kinect

Morris, those of us with Kinect DO get that advantage because every console is, was, and will be developed exactly the same. The way it works is that up until now, 10% of the GPU was solely used for the Kinect. MS has unlocked that via a software update
    so that the developers can use that additional 10% of the GPU on things other than the Kinect. This is good for developers who decide not to use the Kinect as a feature in their games. This choice will be made by the developers on a game by game basis and
    in all likelihood, you won't be able to tell the difference. If you have a Kinect plugged into your console with a game that uses up that 10% of the GPU for resources other than the Kinect, you will still get that additional 10% of GPU dedicated to the other
    resources. Conversely, if your Kinect wasn't plugged in with a game that uses the 10% of your GPU towards the Kinect, that 10% of the GPU would STILL be used for the Kinect, even though it's not plugged in.

To put it in simplest terms, every console is EXACTLY THE SAME. Kinect uses 10% resources, will it perform better without kincect plugged in? ;)

Galactic Geek, Jan 6, 2014
  3. 10% More GPU Power in the Kinectless SKU's

Here's my post from the General Games Discussion forum in the hopes that it'll help get the point across.[quote user=""]The way it works is that up until now, 10% of the GPU was solely used for the Kinect. MS has unlocked that via a software
    update so that the developers can use that additional 10% of the GPU on things other than the Kinect. This is good for developers who decide not to use the Kinect as a feature in their games. This choice will be made by the developers on a game by game basis
    and in all likelihood, you won't be able to tell the difference. If you have a Kinect plugged into your console with a game that uses up that 10% of the GPU for resources other than the Kinect, you will still get that additional 10% of GPU dedicated to the
    other resources. Conversely, if your Kinect wasn't plugged in with a game that uses the 10% of your GPU towards the Kinect, that 10% of the GPU would STILL be used for the Kinect, even though it's not plugged in.

To put it in simplest terms, every console is EXACTLY THE SAME. Kinect uses 10% resources, will it perform better without kincect plugged in? ;)[/quote]

Galactic Geek, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Kinect uses 10% resources, will it perform better without kincect plugged in?

I think 10% of power is reserved for overall system use, not just Kinect. For features like snap, gameplay recording, etc.

Unreal Warfare, Jan 6, 2014
  5. As far as I read it,the split of the resorces are set in stone at present,wether you use kinect or not it will make no difference to anything else,defo something we should have the option of changing though,they want to give us a console with PC features,well
    let us have the basic resorces options like a PC.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Major Angry
    Major Angry Guest
    10% reserved for useless features that most people probably wont care for.

Major Angry, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    It's not 10% for Kinect, it is 10% for Kinect AND APPS. It's the last part most gaming websites missed off their headlines, I mean why let something like the truth ruin a good headline.

Shaggy2000, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Major Angry Win User

10% reserved for useless features that most people probably wont care for.
  9. xPsycoticBreakx Win User

As far as I read it,the split of the resorces are set in stone at present,wether you use kinect or not it will make no difference to anything else,defo something we should have the option of changing though,they want to give us a console with PC features,well
    let us have the basic resorces options like a PC.
  10. Shaggy2000 Win User

It's not 10% for Kinect, it is 10% for Kinect AND APPS. It's the last part most gaming websites missed off their headlines, I mean why let something like the truth ruin a good headline.
  11. Unreal Warfare Win User

I think 10% of power is reserved for overall system use, not just Kinect. For features like snap, gameplay recording, etc.
  12. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox One - Now with less Kinect

Morris, those of us with Kinect DO get that advantage because every console is, was, and will be developed exactly the same. The way it works is that up until now, 10% of the GPU was solely used for the Kinect. MS has unlocked that via a software update
    so that the developers can use that additional 10% of the GPU on things other than the Kinect. This is good for developers who decide not to use the Kinect as a feature in their games. This choice will be made by the developers on a game by game basis and
    in all likelihood, you won't be able to tell the difference. If you have a Kinect plugged into your console with a game that uses up that 10% of the GPU for resources other than the Kinect, you will still get that additional 10% of GPU dedicated to the other
    resources. Conversely, if your Kinect wasn't plugged in with a game that uses the 10% of your GPU towards the Kinect, that 10% of the GPU would STILL be used for the Kinect, even though it's not plugged in.

To put it in simplest terms, every console is EXACTLY THE SAME. ;)
Thema:

1. Kinect uses 10% resources, will it perform better without kincect plugged in? - Similar Threads - Kinect uses 10%

2. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  3. Why are my photos on Kinect adventures gone, I used to be able to view them now I have non

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my photos on Kinect adventures gone, I used to be able to view them now I have non: I still have the achievements that it gave me for the photos? Please help this is an Xbox 360 c436e454-7936-4d55-9623-21d3bd314a6f
  4. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?: I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I would love to play Kinect games with this camera....
  5. I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...: I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo?...
  6. Can't use Windows Hello or Camera with Kinect V2 on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use Windows Hello or Camera with Kinect V2 on PC: Hello, i bought a Kinect 2 and a Adapter for the pc that i have a webcam and can use windows hello. But i can't get it to work. In the Kinect Studio everything works fine but Windows Hello just...
  7. Can I still buy Kinect for Xbox one to use just dance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still buy Kinect for Xbox one to use just dance?: As the title. i have nothing but issues using the app on my phone, plus id prefer not to have to hold my phone. so can i still buy kinect for xbox one for this game? its the new discless one...
  8. Xbox One Kinect use with PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Kinect use with PC: I have the adapter kit and I've downloaded the drivers for the Kinect but my pc still tells me it's unrecognized. 7d6741a3-7c2f-493e-ae22-133a7304b627
  9. Kinect use for game chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kinect use for game chat: Hi all, I currently am looking to play MW along side my friends however I seem to be restricted to using my Kinect for party chat only I have checked all my settings, requested support from the...
  10. I can not use Kinect v1 in Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not use Kinect v1 in Windows 10: I download the sdk (ver1.8) and connect my kinect , the kinect just green light flashing and do nothing after this I Install the program in compatibility mode (win 7 and win 8) Not work for...