Kinect turns on and off all the time.... Please help!

Discus and support Kinect turns on and off all the time.... Please help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having problems with my Kinect which I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere. If I have my Kinect on, it will work fine for about a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LMJMartin, Dec 27, 2015.

1. LMJMartin
    LMJMartin Guest

Hello,

I am having problems with my Kinect which I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere.

If I have my Kinect on, it will work fine for about a minute and then randomly turn itself off for about 10 seconds then come back on. This happens constantly and now makes it unusable.

I reported this to xbox at the beginning of the year and they ran me through loads of stuff which I had already done and it didn't fix the problem. They just said to leave it off for a while and try again. As I am in the armed forces I went away for a long
    period and have just got back and it is still not working. Unfortunately it is also now out of warranty.

I would appreciate any help as all of my childrens games rely on the Kinect to play (fortunately mine don't!)

Thanks in advance

:)

LMJMartin, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Hey Papi
    Hey Papi Guest
    Kinect turns off and on all the time, Xbox one.

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the kinect device as well as hard reset of you Xbox one. To hard reset press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds then power your system back on again. After that try out the steps provided here

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-kinect-errors
    to reconfigure your kinect unit. If that does not resolve your issue contact Xbox Support and let them know the issue you are having with the kinect and you will probably start a repair request for the unit.

Xbox Support link
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Hey Papi, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Kinect turns off and on all the time, Xbox one.

Hey!

My kinect turns off and on all the time, sometimes it works a few minutes and then it turns itself off.

I have rarely been using my kinect for more than the voice commands. It has been standing on the same place since the purchase.

What should I do and how can I get it to work? Did it break just from using it for voice commands? really? I got a dance game that I have not even been able to play because of this.

I'm confused and I need help.

Yours sincerely, Johan Tapper

xUG TAPPER 87x, Dec 27, 2015
  4. jirikvitek
    jirikvitek Guest

I have the same problem and the plan did not work on xbox.com

jirikvitek, Jan 3, 2016
  5. PICK 34
    PICK 34 Guest
    I had the same problem. After a hard reset it would work for awhile and then turn on and off randomly. I was told it was shot and to send it in.

PICK 34, Jan 3, 2016
  6. TheMapleKid
    TheMapleKid Guest
    Mine hasn't worked properly since an update about 7 months ago. I have to unplug it and then plug it in again every time I turn my Xbox on.

TheMapleKid, Oct 31, 2018
  7. PICK 34 Win User

I had the same problem. After a hard reset it would work for awhile and then turn on and off randomly. I was told it was shot and to send it in.
  8. TheMapleKid Win User

Mine hasn't worked properly since an update about 7 months ago. I have to unplug it and then plug it in again every time I turn my Xbox on.
  9. jirikvitek Win User

I have the same problem and the plan did not work on xbox.com
  10. Hey Papi Win User

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the kinect device as well as hard reset of you Xbox one. To hard reset press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds then power your system back on again. After that try out the steps provided here

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-kinect-errors
    to reconfigure your kinect unit. If that does not resolve your issue contact Xbox Support and let them know the issue you are having with the kinect and you will probably start a repair request for the unit.

Xbox Support link
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
  11. LJrdn Win User

I had the same problem: The Kinect on my XBox One would turn off randomly, sometimes multiple times a day. Sometimes the Kinect would stay off. Sometimes it would turn on a minute or two later. If it stayed off, unplugging the Kinect from the XB and then
    plugging it back in always turned the Kinect back on and it would stay on for a little while. But this is (obviously) not a fix as unplugging the Kinect and plugging it back in again a few times a day is not a fix.

Then we had a power black-out. I had the XBox One and TV plugged into a UPS to give me time to shut down the XBox instead of letting it crash. The UPS did its job and the XBox stayed on long enough for me to shut it down, but I noticed the Kinect turned
    off as soon as the power went out even though it was on the UPS through the XBox. It then occurred to me that the problem of the Kinect turning on and off might just be a power issue.

My XBox One was plugged into an APC Back-UPS 1500 (which is pretty beefy). So, once the power came back on, I plugged the XBox One power supply directly into a beefy power strip. The problems with the Kinect turning off continued. So I went a step further
    and plugged the XBox One directly into the wall outlet.

With the XBox One plugged directly into the wall outlet, the Kinect stopped turning off randomly. A month went by and I think I saw the lights on the Kinect cycle just once in that time frame. Even then, that happened on a windy day and there may have been
    power issues.

In doing some reading, I think the problem might be due to the way the UPS conditions power, and not just when the power goes out. The APC Back-UPS line uses sine wave approximation, whereas the power coming from the utility is a pure sine wave (when there
    aren't any issues). So, I purchased an APC Smart-UPS which provides output in pure sine wave to see if that might solve the problem. Yes, the APC Smart-UPS line is more expensive than the APC Back-UPS line, but if it fixes the problem then it might be worth
    it.

I've now had the pure sine wave UPS a couple days and so far, so good: no more problems with the Kinect turning off randomly. We'll see what happens over the next month.
Thema:

1. Kinect turns on and off all the time.... Please help! - Similar Threads - Kinect turns off

2. Turn off Kinect commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off Kinect commands: I was just wondering if there is a way to remove Kinect Xbox commands, but still be able to use the Kinect for chat and streaming. Everything I've found so far online suggests not. If anyone...
  3. Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect: It won't recognize my BenQ gp20 projector. It will not power it up or down. It will control the volume though. 841b60a8-fc55-49a8-b49a-68380f6a76a9
  4. Skype needs to turn on the kinect mic when i launch the app and turn off the mic when i turn ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype needs to turn on the kinect mic when i launch the app and turn off the mic when i turn ...: I do not want my kinect mic on all the time, only when I am using skype. Am I missing the option to have skype turn it on and off, or is this another thing that isn't integrated that well. I...
  5. Kinect camera won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect camera won't turn off: hi all Recently when I turn off my Xbox at night the Kinect and camera stay on. It won't even let me change the Kinect settings (see picture) Does anyone know what to do besides unplugging the...
  6. Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off.: I've just replaced my broken Xbox One console with a brand new one and I can't get my Kinect to turn my TV on and off. It controls volume perfectly fine and is operating my cable receiver 100%...
  7. How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?: FROCED to use kinect for fhat after 2 new mics barely used have already broken, thanks Xbox fir that, but i have not found yet the setting to turn off game sound so i can ACTUALLY HEAR what...
  8. Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console: Hi, Not sure if this has been asked and answered or when this will be resolved but ever since the last update my console will not turn off by voice. It goes to Turn Off screen and thats it it...
  9. "Xbox, turn [Kinect] microphone on/off"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Xbox, turn [Kinect] microphone on/off": The issue is that we don't want to use the Kinect microphone when gaming, or on certain games. This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as the use of a headset, the Kinect being...
  10. Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working.: About two weeks ago i lost the ability to turn off xbox one using kinect. The system recognizes the "Xbox Turn Off" command and brings up the (yes / no) selections, but ignores all commands but...