Kinect Surprises

Discus and support Kinect Surprises in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was showing Peggle 2 to a friend today & she accidentally figured out that you could play the game without a controller. This may be common... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Kinect Surprises

I was showing Peggle 2 to a friend today & she accidentally figured out that you could play the game without a controller. This may be common knowledge, but after playing for weeks this was something that I wasn't aware of. My reaction when I saw this?

MIND BLOWN!!!

Have any new features of the Kinect surprised or caught you off guard?

:)

Galactic Geek, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Kinect: MS to "serve hardcore" at E3

No non-sequel non-kinect games then?

Big surprise.

the better twin, Jan 3, 2014
  3. r00fus1337
    r00fus1337 Guest
    Have Microsoft made a case for Kinect 2.0?

Well this caught me by surprise, I was not expecting a Kinect thread.

r00fus1337, Jan 3, 2014
  4. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest

Kinect Surprises

This May be minor to some people, but I was amazed when I could just say "Xbox pause game" in DR3 to pause the game. I love using kinect to pause the game and even navigate in game menus! I have heard Peggle is really challenging with the kinect!

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 4, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    I had no clue you could use the kinect to play peggle 2. Ill be giving it a shot later

x24hrs2livex, Jan 4, 2014
  6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    what are the commands for peggle using the K?

tohellnbak, Jan 4, 2014
  7. PorQ 201
    PorQ 201 Guest
    Its pretty cool to navigate with the Kinect. I just wish you can use the Kinect to search on Netflix.

PorQ 201, Jan 4, 2014
  8. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Kinect Surprises

[quote user="tohellnbak"]

what are the commands for peggle using the K?

[/quote]

Go to options and select controls, for an overview

x24hrs2livex, Jan 4, 2014
  9. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    they must have just added those recently as they were not there 2 weeks ago...

tohellnbak, Jan 4, 2014
  10. I love the volume up & down options for when you can't find the remote.

HyPeR TRiGG3R, Jan 5, 2014
  11. You can use your voice to search Netflix, it has to be through Bing though, which searches Netflix

Alex Rodriguez Jr., Jan 5, 2014
  12. [quote user="DJ SANDSTORM407"]

ROBO COP IM BACK!

[/quote]Off-topic. =P

...but welcome back just the same.

Galactic Geek, Jan 5, 2014
  13. Kinect Surprises

Today i figured out how to open and close a screen to the dashboard with my hands!!!!! Never knew how to do this before!

DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 5, 2014
  14. [quote user="DJ SANDSTORM407"]

Today i figured out how to open and close a screen to the dashboard with my hands!!!!! Never knew how to do this before!

[/quote]I just went through the gesture tutorial for the 1st time myself last night. It's cool in theory, but not so much in practice. For now, I think I'll stick with the voice commands.

Galactic Geek, Jan 5, 2014
  15. alizhm
    alizhm Guest
    use open palm then close fist and move your hand to maneuver direction of peggle and then just say shoot ball for it to shoot the peggle. You can also use voice and hand gestures with Netflix.. works very smoothly

alizhm, Jan 5, 2014
Thema:

Kinect Surprises

1. Kinect Surprises - Similar Threads - Kinect Surprises

2. USING KINECT FOR PROJECT IN UNIVERSITY I NEED COPYRIGHTS

in XBoX on Windows
    USING KINECT FOR PROJECT IN UNIVERSITY I NEED COPYRIGHTS: Greetings, I am Student of Ziaudin University of Health Sciences Currently Enrolled in Mphil Cardiopulmonary Conducting Research on Fibromyalgia Patients Title of my study is “Effects of...
  3. Kinect as webcam for Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect as webcam for Series X?: Hi there, I was wondering if it's possible to use the Kinect 2.0 (from the xbox one) as a webcam for streaming on my Xbox series X. I'm about to buy the adapter to allow the connection to my new...
  4. Xbox voice control keeps opening apps while im talking to friends using my kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox voice control keeps opening apps while im talking to friends using my kinect.: I was in the middle of a game of Fortnite talking to my teammate, and xbox kinect opened a app, and then my game closed, how do i stop xbox kinect's voice control from doing this?...
  5. Will carnival game play without Kinect on my xbox360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will carnival game play without Kinect on my xbox360: Will carnival game play without Kinect on my xbox 360 50fa84b1-969c-446a-a656-1814ca6726c0
  6. How can I identify that my Kinect Adapter is Geniune?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I identify that my Kinect Adapter is Geniune?: As you know, Microsoft is no longer selling or sending the Kinect adapter for connection to Xbox One S/X and PC. I am a Game Developer using Kinect v2 aka Xbox One Kinect in my games. I'm...
  7. Is it still possible to connect a Kinect v1 for Xbox 360 to a Linux computer?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it still possible to connect a Kinect v1 for Xbox 360 to a Linux computer?: I decided to see if I can still work with an old Kinect that I had in the house, just as a fun project. I have rewired the cable to be able to work with an USB 2.0 cable, adding a 12V charger...
  8. Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data: Hello, I've been using the Kinect SDK 2.0 to perform depth mapping and would like to get the accelerometer data from the Kinect 2.0 in C++. I haven't found any SDK documentation so any help would...
  9. Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 stuck on update for xbox live and kinect: The console is an Xbox 360 slim from 2011-2012. The update freezes and then gives me an error status message or just freezes for hours the screen and circle is still rolling but the download...
  10. Twitch won’t recognise my Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch won’t recognise my Kinect: I’ve tried hard booting it turning my Xbox on and off plug it in and out you get it. But it won’t work I go into settings in my Xbox one and go into Accessories then Kinect it shows a live feed...