Kinect stops listening / External Hard Drive needs reseting

Discus and support Kinect stops listening / External Hard Drive needs reseting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is a weird two in one issue. Part 1: On occasion, after successfully turning on my Xbox One with the Xbox On command, it will no longer hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ajguy, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Ajguy
    Ajguy Guest

So this is a weird two in one issue.

Part 1:

On occasion, after successfully turning on my Xbox One with the Xbox On command, it will no longer hear voice commands of any sort. I noticed this behavior start the day Destiny came out, oddly enough. The only fix is to manually restart the system by holding
    down the front power button until it fully shuts down.

Part 2:

Whenever I turn on the system from a fully powered down state, my external hard drive is not detected. The only fix is to unplug the drive from its power source and plug it back in. Then it is immediately recognized.

Anyone else having either of these problems?

:)

Ajguy, Oct 13, 2014
  2. Emrickninja
    Emrickninja Guest
    2TB Seagate External Hard Drive Will Not Download Certain Games

EDIT:

- Tried reformatting drive after failed download.

- Tried changing attached external hard drive to different USB ports that can be installed on Xbox.

When moving or copying the base game to external hard drive, download usually stops around 0.7% to 0.9%

Emrickninja, Oct 13, 2014
  3. Crash 658
    Crash 658 Guest
    Multiple USB flash drives on Xbox 360

Hello everyone.

Today i brought a external Hard drive and i pluged in the console.

The external Hard drive is recognized by the console, however one of my USB flash drive stops working and it dosen´t show in the storage devices list.

When i removed the external Hard drive the USB flash drive works again and it shows in the storage devices list.

The console has:

• a internal Hard drive
    • 2 USB flash drive
    • the external Hard drive

My question is how USB devices does the Xbox 360 recognized at once ?

Crash 658, Oct 13, 2014
  4. nado912
    nado912 Guest

I have had Problem #1 since September. Also, if I go in to Settings after it stops responding to voice commands, Settings hangs and then errors out for taking too long. This problem seems to occur for me every 2-3 days. It's starting to drive me nuts.

However, I have not experienced Problem #2.

nado912, Oct 13, 2014
  5. @nado912 I also have Problem #1. Very annoying. If you can get into the settings app though, the clear persistent storage 3x and reboot via reset alternate mac seems to clear it (or pull the plug). Same frequency - every 2/3 days.

Lord Farquhar, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Lord Farquhar Win User

@nado912 I also have Problem #1. Very annoying. If you can get into the settings app though, the clear persistent storage 3x and reboot via reset alternate mac seems to clear it (or pull the plug). Same frequency - every 2/3 days.
  7. nado912 Win User

I have had Problem #1 since September. Also, if I go in to Settings after it stops responding to voice commands, Settings hangs and then errors out for taking too long. This problem seems to occur for me every 2-3 days. It's starting to drive me nuts.

However, I have not experienced Problem #2.
  8. ColinNeighbour Win User

My Xbox can't load anything

Hi Night Diviner,

Have you tried a hard reset but have nothing attached? so no kinect, external usb drive or a disc in the drive. You may need to try it a few times.

Mythreign
  9. TiIlzy Win User

Xbox One Preview program. The new dashboard update has messed up my Xbox. Black screen.

Do you have Kinect or an external hard drive plugged in? Have you unplugged all peripherals and tried a hard reset?
  10. ChefSledg Win User

Unable to complete system update or connect to Xbox live

If you have an external hard drive and/or Kinect, please disconnect them both. Do a hard reset and hopefully you should be fine. It may take a bit to reload and fix itself.
Thema:

1. Kinect stops listening / External Hard Drive needs reseting - Similar Threads - Kinect stops listening

2. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  5. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  6. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  7. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  8. My Kinect will randomly stop working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect will randomly stop working.: My Kinect will randomly stop working, it's not unplugged, i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and it still didn't work! I use an original Xbox One. It won't hear me, and I can't talk. I...
  9. Kinect Stopped working, and my external Harddrive stop being accessible.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Stopped working, and my external Harddrive stop being accessible.: So Fire up my xbox, noticed the kinect stopped working.. I did everything to try and get it to work. did all the ridiculous power cycling, unplugging everything for a day. Did a seance with...
  10. Controller & Kinect randomly stop working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller & Kinect randomly stop working.: I've had times where my Xbox One controller randomly stops working. It continues to be on but the home button doesn't work, whenever you press it nothing happens and the only way to navigate...