Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3)

Discus and support Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can not get the xbox one to recognize my joey 2.0 with dish network... please help me 573f2080-8ee7-41a1-8d30-80c01e135ff7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TomPeix, Jun 2, 2016.

1. TomPeix
    TomPeix Guest

I can not get the xbox one to recognize my joey 2.0 with dish network... please help me

:)

TomPeix, Jun 2, 2016
  2. AussiePunk
    AussiePunk Guest
    When I turn on my XBox One in the living room, it turns on my KITCHEN TV as well

Problem: When I turn on my XBox One which I have setup to turn on my Living Room Joey, it also turns on my Kitchen Joey, every time.

Living Room Equipment:

• DISH TV Joey - connected via coax to my DISH Hopper in the MBR
    • XBox One with HDMI Passthrough from my DISH TV Joey
    • Vizio XVT553SV TV with HDMI in to HDMI 1 from my XBox One
    • Denon AVR4802 Receiver
    Kitchen Equipment:

• DISH TV Joey - connected via coax to my DISH Hopper in the MBR
    • Samsung 32" LCD TV LN26D450G1DXZA mounted on the wall
    Physical setup: Living room open to the dining room, both TV's are on the E-NE walls of each room, there is a full height but only 18" deep dividing wall separating the rooms. This wall gives enough coverage so there is no direct line of sight from the
    XBox to the Dining Room equipment.
    Troubleshooting steps: Tried turning on my XBox with my Harmony Smart Control remote, tried turning on my XBox by manually pressing the front power button. Tried un-plugging the Kitchen Joey's coax cable from the wall.

AussiePunk, Jun 2, 2016
  3. HDMI pass-through when Xbox One is OFF

I managed to get Live TV to work with the Xbox One and my Dish Network Hopper. It is beautiful.

Unfortunately, now I can't get the Hopper to work with the Xbox turned OFF (since my wife will not watch TV through the Xbox).

Is there a way to diagnose why HDMI pass-through is not working when the Xbox is turned off?

Here are more details about my current setup:

• Connections:
    • Dish Network Hopper connected to Xbox One through HDMI (to the HDMI IN port)
    • Xbox One connected to my AV receiver through HDMI (using the HDMI OUT port on the Xbox One)
    • AV Receiver (Sony STRDN100) connected to TV (Samsung (UN55C6800) using HDMI
    • What works:
    • Xbox works fine playing games
    • Xbox works fine watching live Dish Network TV using the Xbox TV interface (coming from the Hopper)
    • What doesn't:
    • Watching live Dish Network TV using the Hopper directly when the Xbox is switched off
    Thanks!

ShatteringForce, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Big Red Husker Win User

Does the Bluray player for xbox one support 4K

Actually let me rephrase this question.

1. is the bluray player capable of outputing in 4k?

2. are the HDMI cables 2.0? and do they support HDCP 2.2?

3. If I have a 4K Joey from Dish and run the HDMI through Xbox one, is the xbox one HDMI cables capable of outputting DISH's 4k movies
  5. AussiePunk Win User

When I turn on my XBox One in the living room, it turns on my KITCHEN TV as well

So it looks like the Kinect is one POWERFUL IR blaster. My Living Room Joey is behind two glass doors and it turns that on no problem. There is no direct line of site from my Kinect to my Kitchen Joey but it must have been bouncing the IR off the kitchen
    sliding door.

I solved the issue by putting a piece of electrical tape over the IR receiver on my Kitchen Joey. Because the Joey's dedicated DISH remotes use RF to communicate with the Joey, the kitchen DISH remote works just fine.
  6. jh5gen Win User

Xbox One and Dish Network Hopper / Joey

For it to work properly joey must hit the menu button twice then you will see page about your remote and how to add remote, just hit and release the sat button and then send power code to see if it turns your device off...
  7. nathan.a.eberlin Win User

Cant control Dish Network Joey

So, DISH support will still tell you that the Joey does not have IR, which is false. Here is how you can get your Xbox one to control the Joey. This is the IR method. It should work via HDMI CEC, but for my setup it won't.

• On your Joey. Menu - Settings - Remote Manger - IR - enable
    • The IR receiver on the Joey is on the horizontal bar between the power button and system info button
    • Plug an IR blaster into the IR port on your Xbox One
    • Tape the IR extender over the IR receiver on the Joey
    • Go into XBOX settings and select the Dish Joey as your receiver
    Controls should work!
  8. nathan.a.eberlin Win User

Cant control Dish Network Joey

A support person from dish tried to tell me the Joey's don't have IR, but I can use my Logitech universal remote on it. Regardless I pushed on how to change the IR setting on the Joey and got this. Take this with a grain of salt. "Okay. I double checked
    in the settings. The Joey will only respond to bluetooth controls. There isn't even a way to program the remote to the receiver manually. There is a wizard that walks you through saving a presaved code into the remote but those are codes that control 3rd party
    devices. There isn't a way to program an IR controller to control the Joey or the Hopper. I'm sorry but if it is possible, it is not designed to be done that way."
Thema:

1. Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3) - Similar Threads - Kinect setup Dish

2. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. Xbox 360 SLIM Kinect Setup

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 SLIM Kinect Setup: I just got a Kinect for the first time and i do not know how to set it up. I have looked up tutorials and sites on how to connect it but i am still confused. Do i keep my system on while plugging...
  5. New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test: Bought new xbox 360 and refurb Kinect from amazon.. Setup yesterday. got as far as entering setup dvd and doing a little test dance and game play. Fine. It is now on a screen "Speech Recognition &...
  6. What happened to full kinect calibration/setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happened to full kinect calibration/setup: Does anyone know why the full kinect setup doesn't work any longer. The only thing that you can calibrate is the microphone and then it takes you back to the kinect settings screen. Before the...
  7. Pattern of black squares on my kinect setup screen and games are pixelated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pattern of black squares on my kinect setup screen and games are pixelated: I just purchased my Xbox one w/kinect and right out of the box I've had problems. When setting up the kinect there are repeating patterns of black squares on the WHAT KINECT SEES screen and after...
  8. No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine: The setup is fairly basic: HDMI from DirecTV receiver to Sony Home Theatre unit, HDMI from Sony Home Theater unit to Xbox One, and HDMI from XBox One to TV. TV Passthru, One Guide, etc all work...
  9. My xbox360 with kinect My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox360 with kinect My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts ...: My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts but with the xbox logo it stops on screen nothing happens its a new xbox 360 71663c31-d900-4440-b714-3d750df0f63d
  10. how to setup kinect as your microphone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to setup kinect as your microphone?: We only have one headset between two users at the moment and would like to use the kinect for a microphone in party chat and game chat for the second user. How can we set it up so I can hear the...