Kinect sensor has stopped working

Discus and support Kinect sensor has stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently been on the phone to support about my Kinect sensor not working , and they've told me to post it here. The problem is that there is no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by II Jonesyy II, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Kinect sensor has stopped working

I've recently been on the phone to support about my Kinect sensor not working , and they've told me to post it here. The problem is that there is no power going to my kinect , I only started to have problems with it since I had the preview program update
    for the cortana. I've tried few things which support has talked me through like , resetting my console with the power and Kinect lead out , I've also removed me account and re adding but none have worked. Support said it may be to do with the preview program
    , if a member of that preview program could help me out that would be great!

:)

II Jonesyy II, Jul 9, 2016
  2. JackH 63
    JackH 63 Guest
    Games and Internet Explorer won't load

Now it's saying there is something wrong with my kinect sensor. It is plugged in and was working without the hint of any problems before.

And now Youtube has stopped working.

What's going on?

JackH 63, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Kxzs
    Kxzs Guest
    kinect just stopped turning on.

my kinect just stopped working one day. the kinect is plugged in properly, the kinect is turned on in settings. how can the kinect sensor just stop working with no warning? tried turning everything off and unplugging everything for a few minutes, plugging
    everything back in and turning it on. kinect still not turning on.

Kxzs, Jul 9, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

If you are in the preview program then you should be able to post here

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Otherwise it may be that the Kinect has simply died and needs to be replaced. If you have a friend with an xbox one console nearby then perhaps try taking the sensor there to see if it works.

onyxishere, Jul 10, 2016
  5. onyxishere Win User

If you are in the preview program then you should be able to post here

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Otherwise it may be that the Kinect has simply died and needs to be replaced. If you have a friend with an xbox one console nearby then perhaps try taking the sensor there to see if it works.
  6. JackH 63 Win User

Games and Internet Explorer won't load

Now it's saying there is something wrong with my kinect sensor. It is plugged in and was working without the hint of any problems before.

And now Youtube has stopped working.

What's going on?
  7. AdamDietterick Win User

Which console with Kinect?

The only one that works with the Kinect is the 360 S. Because that is the only console version that has the input slot in the back for the Kinect Sensor. The Kinect Sensor plug may look close to USB but is slightly different.
  8. XboxSteve100 Win User

How many truly broken Kinects?

I had an issue with my Kinect sensor switching on and off. The problem turned out to be the Skylanders portal connected the the USB port on the back of the Xbox.

I suspect that anything that draws power from the USB port could cause the Kinect sensor to stop working properly
  9. Sparticus1017 Win User

Cannot Configure Connect Sensor

The console is up to date; the kinect is on.

Interesting note, if I stream to my pc, the select the "I moved my kinect sensor..." option, then it goes to the right menu, but it doesn't actually work (no green dot to line up the kinect tilt with). As soon as I stop streaming, the "I moved my kinect
    sensor" option reverts back to configuring audio again.

Any other thoughts?
Thema:

1. Kinect sensor has stopped working - Similar Threads - Kinect sensor has

2. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  3. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards: Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards 738c396a-94d2-4d98-b156-de092f3911a8
  4. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?: I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I would love to play Kinect games with this camera....
  5. How do I remove the Kinect sensor auto data off my console I try removing it and it doesn’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove the Kinect sensor auto data off my console I try removing it and it doesn’t...: I been trying to remove this for days and it doesn’t wanna be remove can someone be helpfull and let me know how to remove it 56ed4be6-0a8a-46bf-8eac-82c465c0edb0
  6. NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor

in XboX Insiders
    NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor: Hello, Looking to sell my xbox 360 4Gb along with the kinect sensor. And around 10 CDs. Does anyone know who would buy it in Mumbai, India? Thanks. submitted by /u/UnKoNoWnDuDe [link] [comments]
  7. Kinect Sensor can't move

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Sensor can't move: Hi, I have not used my Kinect for a very long time, or my XBox360 for that matter, probably not since we moved house over 3 years ago. My Xbox was say in a cupboard save with the cables, my...
  8. XBox One Kinect Sensor connected to an HP Pavilion Windows 10 keeps connecting &...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Kinect Sensor connected to an HP Pavilion Windows 10 keeps connecting &...: I have a XBox One Kinect Sensor connected to an HP Pavilion Windows 10 (H2++) laptop on a USB 3.1 port with a XBox One Kinect Sensor USB 3.0 adaptor but the Kinect Sensor mostly doesn't light up...
  9. Kinect sensor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect sensor: Hi there, is still worth buying a kinect for Xbox 1S? If not, what is the alternative? My son enjoys the Just Dance games and I wish to for that and of course we'll explore other games....
  10. Kinect sensor has insufficient power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect sensor has insufficient power...: As someone has already got the same issue as this I thought that I would ask as I am having the same issue. My Kinect Sensor is the one that is powered separately from another socket, then plugged...