Kinect Sensor can't move

Discus and support Kinect Sensor can't move in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have not used my Kinect for a very long time, or my XBox360 for that matter, probably not since we moved house over 3 years ago. My Xbox was say... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by andrewjamesgriffin, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Kinect Sensor can't move

Hi,

I have not used my Kinect for a very long time, or my XBox360 for that matter, probably not since we moved house over 3 years ago. My Xbox was say in a cupboard save with the cables, my Kinect was in an open-topped box on top on some of my games.

Today I finally decided to dust off the XBox and set it up with the Kinect.

Trouble is, when I go to use the Kinect it shows a red light rather than green (it's green initially) and it says "The Kinect Sensor can't move". when I tell it to try again it says "The Kinect Sensor can't move enough".

• I've checked it over and there's nothing blocking it at all that I can see.
    • I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, the same
    • I've turned off the XBox and turned it back on, the same
    • I've followed the guidance here (https://www.xboxforums.com/threads/error-message-the-kinect-sensor-cant-move-c0051201-solutions.1072/) to no avail
    I do confess that I got exasperated when all else failed and tried moving the sensor by hand when it was disconnected; I know you shouldn't do this but I was getting desperate and I thought maybe it was just seized up through lack of use and me moving it might free it up.

Anyway, do I need to throw it in the bin or are there other things to try first?

Appreciate any and all help with this, thanks,

Andrew.

:)

andrewjamesgriffin, Mar 21, 2021
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

xbox 360S unsupported message

Hi, when you moved home was the Kinect securely packaged ? What can happen is the motor inside the Kinect get strained and fails. If that is the case there's nothing you can do to fix the Kinect. The unsupported error can appear if the Kinect can't move
    the sensor head, which if the motor has failed would be the case.

It does look like you have the same issue this other person had maybe ?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r-is-not/24874ad9-6427-4e50-a948-b2a69753b6b3
  3. Sparticus1017 Win User

Cannot Configure Connect Sensor

The console is up to date; the kinect is on.

Interesting note, if I stream to my pc, the select the "I moved my kinect sensor..." option, then it goes to the right menu, but it doesn't actually work (no green dot to line up the kinect tilt with). As soon as I stop streaming, the "I moved my kinect
    sensor" option reverts back to configuring audio again.

Any other thoughts?
  4. tom da gamer100 Win User

KINECT

the xbox 360 Kinect sensor a bit outdated now i would suggest try unplugging the Kinect or moving it somewhere else
  5. sionetix Win User

Advice needed: drills not getting picked up

Recalibrationg Kinect usually solves tracking issues for me. You can do that in Xbox Settings -> Kinect -> I have moved my Kinect sensor.
  6. Flaming Pingu Win User

How to check new kinect xbox one sensor is working or not?

You can't connect the Kinect sensor to your computer
Thema:

Kinect Sensor can't move

1. Kinect Sensor can't move - Similar Threads - Kinect Sensor can't

2. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  3. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards: Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards 738c396a-94d2-4d98-b156-de092f3911a8
  4. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?: I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I would love to play Kinect games with this camera....
  5. How do I remove the Kinect sensor auto data off my console I try removing it and it doesn’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove the Kinect sensor auto data off my console I try removing it and it doesn’t...: I been trying to remove this for days and it doesn’t wanna be remove can someone be helpfull and let me know how to remove it 56ed4be6-0a8a-46bf-8eac-82c465c0edb0
  6. NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor

in XboX Insiders
    NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor: Hello, Looking to sell my xbox 360 4Gb along with the kinect sensor. And around 10 CDs. Does anyone know who would buy it in Mumbai, India? Thanks. submitted by /u/UnKoNoWnDuDe [link] [comments]
  7. XBox One Kinect Sensor connected to an HP Pavilion Windows 10 keeps connecting &...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Kinect Sensor connected to an HP Pavilion Windows 10 keeps connecting &...: I have a XBox One Kinect Sensor connected to an HP Pavilion Windows 10 (H2++) laptop on a USB 3.1 port with a XBox One Kinect Sensor USB 3.0 adaptor but the Kinect Sensor mostly doesn't light up...
  8. Can't Get Kinect Sensor Microphone Calibration To Succeed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Get Kinect Sensor Microphone Calibration To Succeed: Hello, I have just received a Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor which I bought used on eBay. It seems to work ok but when I try and perform the Microphone Calibration it always fails. It successfully...
  9. Kinect Adventures kinect sensor can't inform me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Adventures kinect sensor can't inform me: Yes, I didn't know when ever is the game sucked or the sensor is a rubbish. 896bc5fc-b367-4499-ad3e-82d25d056d0f
  10. kinect sensor can't move

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect sensor can't move: My kinect sensor is unable to move. It says there is a change in configuration and the sensor will restart, but thereafter the green light turns red and msg comes as the kinect can't move. Also,...