Kinect not even turning on

Discus and support Kinect not even turning on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a brand new Xbox1 with kinect and when I plug in the kinect it won't light up or anything. When I go into settings there is no "kinect on" or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StickOnTattoos, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Kinect not even turning on

Got a brand new Xbox1 with kinect and when I plug in the kinect it won't light up or anything. When I go into settings there is no "kinect on" or "kinect off" to select. Wondering whats going on here anyone got any ideas

:)

StickOnTattoos, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Kxzs
    Kxzs Guest
    kinect just stopped turning on.

my kinect just stopped working one day. the kinect is plugged in properly, the kinect is turned on in settings. how can the kinect sensor just stop working with no warning? tried turning everything off and unplugging everything for a few minutes, plugging
    everything back in and turning it on. kinect still not turning on.

3. Kinect not working

yesterday my kinect worked just fine, today it no longer will turn on. When i go to kinect settings it says its not plugged in but i checked it and its plugged. I even tried doing full reset unplugging the kinect with it and turning back on. Any other suggestions
    or is it a paper weight?

champ19-BEB07BD1-424D-44CA-980F-0DA0C4E1BAEA, Dec 28, 2015
  4. X Clubbsy X
    X Clubbsy X Guest

unplug your kinect the turn your console off and switch off at the wall then turn your console back on the go to settings and kinect then plug your kinect back in and should work

X Clubbsy X, Dec 29, 2015
  5. Will try that ! Thank you for the help

StickOnTattoos, Oct 31, 2018
  6. X Clubbsy X Win User

unplug your kinect the turn your console off and switch off at the wall then turn your console back on the go to settings and kinect then plug your kinect back in and should work
  7. StickOnTattoos Win User

Will try that ! Thank you for the help
  8. diabloeye Win User

I can not believe

Can the kinect be turned away or even, the eye blocked?
  9. dpoet Win User

Don't Accept Mandatory Kinect!

I've been trying to find a reason why it can't be turned off. not much info but:-

Kinect can detect when the controller is passed to another person MS said, infra red I think. It's possible that even when the features of kinect are turned off it still has some link to the controller. maybe the controller actually syncs via kinect, and
    needs to be plugged in for controller to work. even when the kinect features are turned off. It would explain a lot.
  10. Galactic Geek Win User

kinect hand gestures on/off switch

If you go to the settings app, there's an option under Kinect to turn off the Kinect, and even 1 specifically while watching TV or videos. ;)
Thema:

1. Kinect not even turning on - Similar Threads - Kinect turning

2. my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound: I have had this kinect for a while now but a few days ago it just stopped working. I am 80% sure that the power brick is fine, and when I plug in the kinect to PC / XBOX the kinect connected...
  3. Turn off Kinect commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off Kinect commands: I was just wondering if there is a way to remove Kinect Xbox commands, but still be able to use the Kinect for chat and streaming. Everything I've found so far online suggests not. If anyone...
  4. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  5. My kinect wont turn on with voice command

in XBoX on Windows
    My kinect wont turn on with voice command: My Kinect sensor wont respond to my turn on voice command. It works fine when the console is turned on, and I can use commands to turn the console off, but I cant turn the console back on with...
  6. Kinect camera won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect camera won't turn off: hi all Recently when I turn off my Xbox at night the Kinect and camera stay on. It won't even let me change the Kinect settings (see picture) Does anyone know what to do besides unplugging the...
  7. Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect?: Without having a Kinect, iIs there a way to have my Xbox turn on my TV when I power on the console? Thanks! 99a428a1-4975-427b-9539-bd730a760662
  8. xbox one s does not turn on with kinect or controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s does not turn on with kinect or controller.: I have to turn it on with console button. after I do a powercycle it turns on with the controller, but I need its frustrating. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Power mode & startup settings are...
  9. kinect adapter for xbox one s ringing noise while turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect adapter for xbox one s ringing noise while turn on: ok so I have bought a kinect adapter for the xbox one s gears of war edition. - This is while the xbox is on. Everytime I plug the adapter in when the kinect one is on. I get a really loud...
  10. kinect xbox one not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect xbox one not turn on: after the last update (august) my kinect not turn on,i restart xbox but nothing, ecd889ed-c7e3-40df-941d-9d033bca4611