Kinect issues with Alpha and SA builds

Discus and support Kinect issues with Alpha and SA builds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I know this has been reported here before. Since a couple of weeks ago I have been having problems with both my Alpha and Skip Ahead consoles and their... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dadbart, Jul 13, 2019.

1. /u/Dadbart
    /u/Dadbart Guest

I know this has been reported here before. Since a couple of weeks ago I have been having problems with both my Alpha and Skip Ahead consoles and their respective Kinects. I have reported the below from both consoles multiple times under the same gamer tag as used here.

If I do a full restart from the settings, power menu the kinect will not come back on properly. It shows as in an error state when I go to Setting, Devices and has no power lights. On the skip ahead console it has also been causing a system error at 76% of Apply Update in the final stage of build updates. Choosing restart from the error message allows the update to complete successfully, but the Kinect will be in a non-functional state. I suspect it would do the same on the Alpha console, except there has not been an update since this issue started to confirm that.

I can restore functionality by pulling the power on the Kinect and long pressing the power button on the console, then leaving them both off for several seconds. Plug the Kinect power back in, turn on the console and all works well again. It also continues to work properly when turning on from Instant On mode. It is only an issue when doing a full restart or during an update (which I assume is because it is doing a full restart resulting in an error state with the kinect).

Please feel free to weigh in.

submitted by /u/Dadbart
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dadbart, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox one switch off or freezing after changing game/app (Possible fixes for external hard drive side of this error)

Just not been an issue with my original Xbox one, Xbox one S or Xbox one X. My S is in alpha and X is in alpha SA.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Why even with automatic updates off is there so many forced updates in the Delta ring of the Insider Program?

Avatar (beta) is Alpha SA, Alpha, Beta and Delta subset at this point in time
  4. Jonnyb79 Win User

New Xbox One S drops network connection when in Instant On mode

Just wanted to say that I, too, am running into this issue with my XB1S and using three different routers. I already posted something in the preview build since I'm part of the ongoing Alpha, but I didn't have problems until this Alpha build, so something
    that was changed in the netcode for the Alpha build appears to be causing this issue again?
    did you manage to get this sorted, i've had no luck.
  5. xNikolex Win User

Alpha Build Audiovisual Issues

To change your preview ring go intk the app then insider content. Scroll to the far right and click on build tab then click on the preview ring and it should appear as a drop down to change to delta or lower. Then reset. And to change back to alpha just
    repeat the process once fixes are in place.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Alpha Build Audiovisual Issues

For Insider builds it is best to check the Reddit page for any issues and fixes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas
Thema:

1. Kinect issues with Alpha and SA builds - Similar Threads - Kinect issues Alpha

2. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  5. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  6. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  7. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  8. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  9. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?: I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new...
  10. Kinect issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect issue: Good day, so I recently got my Xbox one updated using the latest offline update software, set up went well, however upon trying to plug in my Kinect I am met with an error "there was a problem...