Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ...

Discus and support Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Been wanting to check out the newest season of Killer Instinct, but when I boot up the game, after the opening logos and title, it just tells me to go... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JonLeung1, Jan 3, 2017.

1. JonLeung1
    JonLeung1 Guest

Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ...

Been wanting to check out the newest season of Killer Instinct, but when I boot up the game, after the opening logos and title, it just tells me to go to the Windows Store to update the game. So I go to the Windows Store, but I don't see an update link
    or anything like that. I have no idea how to update or even play the game anymore. What am I not seeing or understanding here?

:)

JonLeung1, Jan 3, 2017
  2. killer instinct

hello everyone i have this kind of problem about download killer instinct from store

i dont know why from now i cannot download killer instinct from store

everythings is update and works fine.

i never had this problem but just from a days ago.

i formatted i tried everything but nothing seems work only this error i got 0X80073CF9

so pls if anyone know how to fix can be gentle to help me ?

i did 3 fresh installation of Windows clean but nothing HDD works good because only killer instinct from Windows store dont work

other apps in Windows store works fine

so thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

bye

venturinialessa, Jan 3, 2017
  3. DNA1L
    DNA1L Guest
    Day one Edition Bonuses?

Hey Guys, I actually found my Killer Instinct as a download in the store. I stumbled across it by looking at achievements (Killer Instinct was listed), selecting Killer Instinct will take you to the store where it says FREE to download Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... :)

That's really the only perk I knew about besides the achievement

PS - somebody mentioned we should have gotten a usb cord for the controller, didn't see it but I don't know if I opened everything lol

DNA1L, Jan 3, 2017
  4. JonLeung1
    JonLeung1 Guest

Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... [​IMG]

Come on, this is ridiculous. I don't buy games to NOT be able to play them. I can't be the only one seeing this, am I? If you want me to go to the store, why is there no "Update" link or button?

JonLeung1, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey Jon -

When you open the Microsoft Store, click on your avatar/icon, then click on "Downloads and Updates". From that screen, you should be able to "Check for Updates" in the top right hand corner. The update for Killer Instinct should show up after you click that
    button. If it doesn't, you'll want to try fully
    reinstalling
    the game from scratch. I know this isn't an ideal situation but it should guarantee an update to the latest version.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Miss Bijoux, Jan 16, 2017
  6. JonLeung1
    JonLeung1 Guest
    Thanks for the reply.

But on my "Downloads and Updates" page, I don't see the Killer Instinct there. However, and I'm not sure if it's related though it could be, I do see an "App connector" constantly stucj in the download queue, with an error 0x803F7000 every time I retry
    the installation. That "App connector" sounds pretty important...

If that's not related or important, I suppose I could reinstall Killer Instinct, but will I lose any progress in the game if I do so?

JonLeung1, Jan 16, 2017
  7. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey Jon -

All your data should be Cloud saved so a reinstall shouldn't affect your progress or any unlocks, it'll just make sure that everything is (hopefully) properly installed. It's going to be the next best thing to try if you don't have any other pending updates,
    "App Connector" aside.

Give that a go and let us know how it goes. Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... :)

Miss Bijoux, Jan 20, 2017
  8. JonLeung1
    JonLeung1 Guest

An uninstall doesn't help, because it won't let me reinstall due to lack of system requirements, despite my hardware not changing at all since initially installing it. The thing that's hung up is that it says the Windows 10 version isn't up to date, but
    Windows 10 won't update. Looks like the problem is bigger than I thought. And no fix for the 0x803F7000 error in the Windows Store has yet worked. I tried updating Windows by downloading some manual update files from Microsoft and none of those work.

If it's a problem with my user profile, should I log in as a different user and attempt to update from within that profile?

JonLeung1, Feb 1, 2017
  9. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hmm okay. Double check that all your drivers are updated (so video card, display, etc) and then try installing again. If that doesn't work, trying on a different profile is a good option. Also, any chance you have a different Windows 10 machine you can try
    on? That will help us narrow down where the issue may lie.

Thank you for your continued patience. Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... :)

Miss Bijoux, Feb 3, 2017
  10. JonLeung1
    JonLeung1 Guest
    Thank you for continuing to follow up on this topic, Miss Bijoux.

It seemed Killer Instinct wouldn't update, because Windows was stuck on a previous version (not 14393.0), yet no update, automatic or manual, wanted to work.

Today I did get this issue fixed, but it turned out to be a very serious problem with my Windows files. No fix explained on the Internet about the Windows Update or Store issues was able to remedy the problem, and in the end I had to use the recovery discs
    that came with my computer to do a total factory reset. That has been done, and Windows 10 has been reinstalled (with the latest version) and Killer Instinct is now running. Thanks to cloud saves, you were right, progress wasn't lost, and now I am able to
    enjoy the game again, plus the additions from the latest update.

Maybe totally nuking everything is not necessarily the best option for anybody - reinstalling everything is an inconvenience - but hey, I had to clear the clutter on this computer anyway... Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... :p

JonLeung1, Nov 2, 2018
  11. Miss Bijoux Win User

Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing there...

Hey Jon -

All your data should be Cloud saved so a reinstall shouldn't affect your progress or any unlocks, it'll just make sure that everything is (hopefully) properly installed. It's going to be the next best thing to try if you don't have any other pending updates,
    "App Connector" aside.

Give that a go and let us know how it goes. :)
  12. JonLeung1 Win User

Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing there...

Thank you for continuing to follow up on this topic, Miss Bijoux.

It seemed Killer Instinct wouldn't update, because Windows was stuck on a previous version (not 14393.0), yet no update, automatic or manual, wanted to work.

Today I did get this issue fixed, but it turned out to be a very serious problem with my Windows files. No fix explained on the Internet about the Windows Update or Store issues was able to remedy the problem, and in the end I had to use the recovery discs
    that came with my computer to do a total factory reset. That has been done, and Windows 10 has been reinstalled (with the latest version) and Killer Instinct is now running. Thanks to cloud saves, you were right, progress wasn't lost, and now I am able to
    enjoy the game again, plus the additions from the latest update.

Maybe totally nuking everything is not necessarily the best option for anybody - reinstalling everything is an inconvenience - but hey, I had to clear the clutter on this computer anyway... :p
  13. JonLeung1 Win User

[​IMG]

Come on, this is ridiculous. I don't buy games to NOT be able to play them. I can't be the only one seeing this, am I? If you want me to go to the store, why is there no "Update" link or button?
  14. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hmm okay. Double check that all your drivers are updated (so video card, display, etc) and then try installing again. If that doesn't work, trying on a different profile is a good option. Also, any chance you have a different Windows 10 machine you can try
    on? That will help us narrow down where the issue may lie.

Thank you for your continued patience. :)
  15. JonLeung1 Win User

"App Connector" aside.

Give that a go and let us know how it goes. :)
    An uninstall doesn't help, because it won't let me reinstall due to lack of system requirements, despite my hardware not changing at all since initially installing it. The thing that's hung up is that it says the Windows 10 version isn't up to date, but
    Windows 10 won't update. Looks like the problem is bigger than I thought. And no fix for the 0x803F7000 error in the Windows Store has yet worked. I tried updating Windows by downloading some manual update files from Microsoft and none of those work.

If it's a problem with my user profile, should I log in as a different user and attempt to update from within that profile?
Thema:

1. Killer Instinct won't play, says to go to the Windows Store to update, but I see nothing ... - Similar Threads - Killer Instinct won't

2. Any reason why Shadow Survival on Killer Instinct won't work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any reason why Shadow Survival on Killer Instinct won't work?: There seems to be an issue with the Shadow Survival mode. I've tried to start it up for a few days straight now on two separate consoles and profiles to no avail. My girlfriend and I were playing...
  3. Purchased Killer Instinct Definitive Edition in store, content won't upload.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Killer Instinct Definitive Edition in store, content won't upload.: I had previously purchased and dowloaded a couple Killer Instinct characters to try out the game before purchasing the Definitive Edition in store. I followed the instructions for download, but...
  4. Killer Instinct Game uninstalls by itself and won't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct Game uninstalls by itself and won't reinstall: Win 10 x64 bit, game installed fine first time around (last year or so)and updated fine.i didn't played it lately,now i wanted to do, but it says that game is not present in my system anymore,if i...
  5. Killer Instinct Won't Sync Xbox One and Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct Won't Sync Xbox One and Windows 10: I just downloaded Killer Instinct for PC. Previously bought the Combo Booster physical copy for Xbox One. I was told that the Season 1 and 2 characters should sync on PC and Xbox One but I only...
  6. Killer Instinct Won't Let Me Download - Grayed Out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct Won't Let Me Download - Grayed Out: Is it possible to buy/download KI on Windows 10 Pro (Build 10240)? I cannot seem to get the button to activate in the store to let me download it. d34f2f9a-18b4-4a3b-9963-ac174d1aee35
  7. Killer Instinct on W10 won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct on W10 won't install: All my drivers are up to date, Windows 10 is fully up to date. Microsoft store says I can't download KI because Windows is not up to date. I have tried to force updates but there are none to...
  8. Killer Instinct won't save my progress!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct won't save my progress!: In Killer Instinct, my progress with KP will not save beyond 10920 KP. The Trials completions will not save will my newly achieved fight titles. 37ad0a2b-6657-484d-b716-d09c026835be
  9. Omg killer instinct Xbox one won't save my rank after matches!!! extremely mad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Omg killer instinct Xbox one won't save my rank after matches!!! extremely mad: I have tried everything my rank is currently hungry but no matter what I do it won't save wins or my rank. I purchase things in the kitchen store and when I boot game up again my points are still...
  10. Official Xbox ONE Killer Instinct TE2 is an arcade stick and won't work with arcade games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox ONE Killer Instinct TE2 is an arcade stick and won't work with arcade games: I cannot control "sidescrollers" and simple "arcade" games that [don't require use of analog thumbsticks or analog triggers] with my arcade stick. The whole point of these sticks is to recreate...