Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Wont Work after recent Xbox Update

Discus and support Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Wont Work after recent Xbox Update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, since the recent November update, I haven't been able to launch Killer Instinct Definitive Edition on my Xbox One. I have the retailed disc... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SageBLOKHEAD, Nov 27, 2016.

1. SageBLOKHEAD
    SageBLOKHEAD Guest

Greetings,

since the recent November update, I haven't been able to launch Killer Instinct Definitive Edition on my Xbox One. I have the retailed disc version, and sliding it in the console shows the thumbnail icon of the game as normal, but going into the app itself
    only shows nothing to be installed or played. KI 1 and KI 2 are also absent, along with the other characters, packs, and features.

I also posted this issue on the Ultra Combo forum.

Definitive Edition Won't Run after recent Xbox Update (Help Please?)

Mentioned in the post above, I can get the Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack disc to work just fine, both online and offline, but for some reason the complete edition just doesn't play, despite it working just fine prior to installing the update.

I tried resetting the system multiple times, messed with some settings, but nothings worked.

Has anyone else encountered this?

:)

SageBLOKHEAD, Nov 27, 2016
  2. KHOLDEEY
    KHOLDEEY Guest
    KHOLDEEY, Nov 27, 2016
  3. BdoUK
    BdoUK Guest
    Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Issues

On 11/26/2016 I purchased an Xbox Live digital code (from Amazon) for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition. However after redeeming the code the content is not showing up on my Xbox One.

I currently only see the main Killer Instinct install along with the Killer Instinct: Ultra Edition which I purchased earlier under my Installed tab. There are no items in Ready to Install.

Gamertag is .

BdoUK, Nov 27, 2016
  4. Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Wont Work after recent Xbox Update

Have you uninstalled everything related to KI and the restarting your console then reinstalling everything?

Itachi Siller, Dec 1, 2016
  5. SageBLOKHEAD
    SageBLOKHEAD Guest
    I have. I've even tried restarting the system with different factory settings (Power Saving and Instant On, etc) but the disc for Definitive Edition still won't install anything, when last week I could with no problem. The Season 1 Combo Breaker disc works
    just fine though for some reason.

Both Killer Instinct discs(Definitive and Season 1) are also in top shape, and the system itself has no issue playing anything else.

SageBLOKHEAD, Dec 1, 2016
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    SageBLOCKHEAD.

Super odd that you're having this installation trouble. Do you possibly have a friend with an Xbox One you can test your game with?

Mister Maka, Dec 2, 2016
  7. SageBLOKHEAD
    SageBLOKHEAD Guest
    Unfortunately I don't at the moment.

SageBLOKHEAD, Dec 2, 2016
  8. Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Wont Work after recent Xbox Update

I'm having the same issue. None of my characters show up, except Sabrewolf as he is free, and every time I click on someone else to play as it tells me to either buy the Definitive Edition or buy each individual character. The Definitive Edition
    also doesn't show up anything to play except to launch KI, not the Definitive Edition for KI. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help us! I really want to play this game since I recently bought the game and Xbox One S.

Psychopathy1912, Dec 26, 2016
  9. TatorNUTZ956
    TatorNUTZ956 Guest
    I'm having the same problem right now and ive been searching thru different sources to see if anyone has this problem cant fix it

TatorNUTZ956, Nov 2, 2018
  10. Itachi Siller Win User

Have you uninstalled everything related to KI and the restarting your console then reinstalling everything?
  11. TatorNUTZ956 Win User

I'm having the same issue. None of my characters show up, except Sabrewolf as he is free, and every time I click on someone else to play as it tells me to either buy the Definitive Edition or buy each individual character. The Definitive Edition
    also doesn't show up anything to play except to launch KI, not the Definitive Edition for KI. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help us! I really want to play this game since I recently bought the game and Xbox One S.
    I'm having the same problem right now and ive been searching thru different sources to see if anyone has this problem cant fix it
  12. SageBLOKHEAD Win User

I have. I've even tried restarting the system with different factory settings (Power Saving and Instant On, etc) but the disc for Definitive Edition still won't install anything, when last week I could with no problem. The Season 1 Combo Breaker disc works
    just fine though for some reason.

Both Killer Instinct discs(Definitive and Season 1) are also in top shape, and the system itself has no issue playing anything else.
  13. Psychopathy1912 Win User

14. SageBLOKHEAD Win User

SageBLOCKHEAD.

Super odd that you're having this installation trouble. Do you possibly have a friend with an Xbox One you can test your game with?
    Unfortunately I don't at the moment.
Thema:

1. Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Wont Work after recent Xbox Update - Similar Threads - Killer Instinct Definitive

2. I bought killer instinct definitive edition and I don't have access to killer instinct 1 or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought killer instinct definitive edition and I don't have access to killer instinct 1 or...: I bought killer instinct definitive edition the digital version for windows 10 and I don't have access to killer instinct 1 or 2 I can only play the 2013 game I only bought it to play the classic...
  3. i purchased killer instinct definitive edition and only has 1 character. how i get rest...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchased killer instinct definitive edition and only has 1 character. how i get rest...: i have PC game pass. the only reason i have an xbox account was for Killer Instinct. i purchased definitive edition which was supposed to have all 26 characters avialible but there is only one....
  4. Any reason why Shadow Survival on Killer Instinct won't work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any reason why Shadow Survival on Killer Instinct won't work?: There seems to be an issue with the Shadow Survival mode. I've tried to start it up for a few days straight now on two separate consoles and profiles to no avail. My girlfriend and I were playing...
  5. How do I get the other characters in Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get the other characters in Killer Instinct Definitive Edition: I have the Killer Instinct Definitive Edition and it comes with all the characters but there is only 2 unlocked when I go to the store to make sure I have the definitive edition there is no price...
  6. Killer instinct local multiplayer not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer instinct local multiplayer not working: I tried playing it on my Xbox on game pass but the local multiplayer isn’t working. I tried signing other accounts in but nothing. I’m downloading it to see if that resolves anything but any help...
  7. Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Does Not Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Does Not Work: Downloaded through games pass PC and none of the characters are availible for use. I've seen this has been a persitant issue for at least the last 4 years and none of the online thread solutions...
  8. How do I recover my Killer Instinct profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my Killer Instinct profile: My Killer Instinct profile lost all gold, astral gems and items, and the astral gems are stuck in zero no matter how many I get in Shadow Lords. How can I reset it?...
  9. Killer Instinct crashes when trying to connect to online servers (Steam Version)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct crashes when trying to connect to online servers (Steam Version): As the title says, I've gone down the list of "fixes" (reinstall, validate files, check firewall .ect) and nothing has worked. I should note that my friend who has KI on game pass (on PC) can...
  10. Can’t get Killer instinct base game to install??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t get Killer instinct base game to install??: I have purchased killer instinct definitive edition today from Microsoft store on Xbox series x but the base game keeps stopping installing after a few minutes? All the add ons have installed no...