Killer Instinct crashes when trying to connect to online servers (Steam Version)

Discus and support Killer Instinct crashes when trying to connect to online servers (Steam Version) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, I've gone down the list of "fixes" (reinstall, validate files, check firewall .ect) and nothing has worked. I should note that my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sabi 623, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Sabi 623
    Sabi 623 Guest

Killer Instinct crashes when trying to connect to online servers (Steam Version)

As the title says, I've gone down the list of "fixes" (reinstall, validate files, check firewall .ect) and nothing has worked. I should note that my friend who has KI on game pass (on PC) can connect to the game just fine. Any help is appreciated!

:)

Sabi 623, Apr 3, 2022
  2. Sabi 623 Win User

Running the most current version of windows 11 and tried updating the xbox companion app but still the same :(
    steam doesn't have an official support line and directs me here
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Sabi, checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

After updating Windows if the problem continues, it would be to contact Steam support

https://help.steampowered.com/en/?msclkid=ec53b...
  4. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Killer Instinct Disc Version

Hello " x Lucipurr x " :)

You get all of the characters that came out for season one, but you won't get the " Original Killer Instinct 1 " because that is only available with the Digital Version.

When the disc version of season 2 comes out, it also will not include the " Original Killer Instinct 2 " and you have to get the Digital Version to get it (like season 1)

Also, the " bonus " Killer Instinct games (Original Killer Instinct 1 and Original Killer Instinct 2) will never be available outside of the Digital Versions because they're there to promote more sales for the Digital Versions.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
  5. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Killler Instinct 1 and 2 classic standalone

Hello everyone :)

Even " IF " or " WHEN " the Ultra Edition for Killer Instinct 2 goes on sale for $20.00 in the future, I will not pick-up Killer Instinct 2 Classic because the stand alone value of Killer Instinct 2 Classic is only worth $10.00

Killer Instinct 1 Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic will never become stand alone games because they are being used as incentives to buy the Ultra Editions; that is the reason that they aren't on the disk versions at all.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

problems in killer instinct windows 10

Hey Loatrial,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you are receiving an error code when trying to play your Killer Instinct online. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try running a connection test on your Xbox App by going to Settings followed by the Network
    tab. This will start a brief connection test. If you encounter a problem, try the corresponding troubleshooting on our

Server Connectivity
    page. Let us know how it goes! :D
Thema:

1. Killer Instinct crashes when trying to connect to online servers (Steam Version) - Similar Threads - Killer Instinct crashes

2. I bought killer instinct definitive edition and I don't have access to killer instinct 1 or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought killer instinct definitive edition and I don't have access to killer instinct 1 or...: I bought killer instinct definitive edition the digital version for windows 10 and I don't have access to killer instinct 1 or 2 I can only play the 2013 game I only bought it to play the classic...
  3. i purchased killer instinct definitive edition and only has 1 character. how i get rest...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchased killer instinct definitive edition and only has 1 character. how i get rest...: i have PC game pass. the only reason i have an xbox account was for Killer Instinct. i purchased definitive edition which was supposed to have all 26 characters avialible but there is only one....
  4. Any reason why Shadow Survival on Killer Instinct won't work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any reason why Shadow Survival on Killer Instinct won't work?: There seems to be an issue with the Shadow Survival mode. I've tried to start it up for a few days straight now on two separate consoles and profiles to no avail. My girlfriend and I were playing...
  5. How do I get the other characters in Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get the other characters in Killer Instinct Definitive Edition: I have the Killer Instinct Definitive Edition and it comes with all the characters but there is only 2 unlocked when I go to the store to make sure I have the definitive edition there is no price...
  6. Killer instinct local multiplayer not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer instinct local multiplayer not working: I tried playing it on my Xbox on game pass but the local multiplayer isn’t working. I tried signing other accounts in but nothing. I’m downloading it to see if that resolves anything but any help...
  7. Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Does Not Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct Definitive Edition Does Not Work: Downloaded through games pass PC and none of the characters are availible for use. I've seen this has been a persitant issue for at least the last 4 years and none of the online thread solutions...
  8. How do I recover my Killer Instinct profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my Killer Instinct profile: My Killer Instinct profile lost all gold, astral gems and items, and the astral gems are stuck in zero no matter how many I get in Shadow Lords. How can I reset it?...
  9. Can’t get Killer instinct base game to install??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t get Killer instinct base game to install??: I have purchased killer instinct definitive edition today from Microsoft store on Xbox series x but the base game keeps stopping installing after a few minutes? All the add ons have installed no...
  10. Killer Instinct Classic Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Killer Instinct Classic Windows 10: Is there a way to download the KI classics? They keep giving me a 0x00000001 error. I tried repairing and resetting the Xbox app, but neither option worked. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app...