Kids account wont let her purchase anything on XBO, but works fine on the 360? huh?...

Discus and support Kids account wont let her purchase anything on XBO, but works fine on the 360? huh?... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, I have two kids full MS Live accounts as child accounts under my account. My son is 15 so I have no issues with his, but my daughters account is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nickpeck36, Dec 6, 2014.

1. nickpeck36
    nickpeck36 Guest

Kids account wont let her purchase anything on XBO, but works fine on the 360? huh?...

Ok, I have two kids full MS Live accounts as child accounts under my account. My son is 15 so I have no issues with his, but my daughters account is driving me insane. I have her set to watch / purchase anything, and on the 360 she can do everything from
    buying any game to watching anything she wants. However, she can't even download her 360 Minecraft saves due to "age restriction" onto the XBO... She can't even purchase Minecraft on the XBO (she was using my version when my account was logged in). As a
    matter of fact, she can't purchase anything on the XBO due to this "setting" that needs to be changed.

I am so sick and tired of wasting time trying to figure this out, I really am. Now, don't ask if I changed things in the settings section or anything like that, YES I have, MANY times. I have deleted and resigned her account in, I have logged onto my account
    (while making said changes to her account as you have to do as the parental account) to then stare at the "apps & purchasing" section that is set to ANYTHING. I have read so many threads with others having the same issue and getting NO help. MS really needs
    to revamp this entire security and safety section (online and on the systems) as it obviously doesn't work the way it should.

Also, I had to delete my kids original accounts, losing money spent on games and lost achievements when MS told me i couldn't convert their old 360 accounts to XBL accounts and I refuse to do that to my daughter again. How is this hard? I'm an expert PC
    hardware / software user (do it for a living) and I simply cannot wrap my head about it being 2014 and that no one can do anything (seriously? It has to be a check box somewhere in their system). So, does anyone have any ideas here? Please?

Also, I read this in another "help" thread haha, seriously? You have to create a new account for the birth date change? You honestly can't edit an account? Really?

---------------------------------------------------

"4. Age Issues

It says I’m underage.

First the obvious question: are you underage? If you are you can still gain access to T- and M-rated content on the Marketplace, but you will need your parents’ permission. They can set up your Online Safety settings to allow you access to content based on
    what they deem appropriate. Have them check out the Xbox One Family Information sticky for more information on these settings.

I created the account when I was underage, but I’m not anymore.

Head over to our I just reached the age of majority for my country, and I want to make sure my parents can't control my account support article for more information.

But I’m not underaged!

Here’s a less obvious question: how old does Xbox LIVE think you are? When you created your account, you were asked to put in your birthday. If you are using a hotmail.com or live.com email address, it may have automatically added the year, but still
    asked you for the month and day. Once set, this is your birthday and cannot be changed.

So, if you set the birthdate wrong, your account may treat you as a child based on this information. If it is incorrect you will have to create a new account with the correct information or wait until your account reaches the appropriate age of maturity for
    your region and then promote your account.

I don’t remember what birthdate I put in.

At this time there is no way for us to provide you with this information. If you can’t remember what birthdate you put in and you are now getting age-restriction messages when trying to purchase content, you may have accidentally put in the wrong date. The
    only way to fix this experience is to create a new account with the correct birthdate."

:)

nickpeck36, Dec 6, 2014
  2. nickpeck36
    nickpeck36 Guest
    2 issues I need a hand with as its been several years for one of them....

Again, EVERYTHING is set to how I want it on that site (the link you provided), it shows that she can buy anything. It shows this on the site and on the XBO, yet she can't. Now the XBO wont even let her watch netflix all of the sudden and no changes have
    been made to her account. I'm at my wits end with this.

Again, she can do anything she wants on the 360, it's just the XBO that wont let her do anything. I have given her full permission to everything on the XBO and it still won't work. I'm just getting sick of dealing with this as she's always coming to me
    with issues.

Along with netflix not working, it wont even let her play any games she owns unless my account is logged in. I just don't get it.

nickpeck36, Dec 6, 2014
  3. nickpeck36
    nickpeck36 Guest
    2 issues I need a hand with as its been several years for one of them....

Ok, I have had two issues that I am getting tired of dealing with and I really want them fixed as they are pretty stupid issues.

1. My daughters account is set to allow her to play and download ANYTHING. Now, on the 360 she can do everything no problem but on the XBO she can't. She can't even purchase a skin pack for Minecraft. She can't even redownload the Minecraft.stuff she
    owns from the 360 version onto the XBO. On the XBO EVERYTHING is set for her do anything, but she can't as it always tells her she needs to change something in the privacy settings. I have everything set on the system and on the website.

2. I have a copy of Prometheus that hasn't worked in a few years. It tells me it cant play or find the license, but everything else I have plays and works fine, even after resetting the licenses on the system. I have the original Xbox bonus edition but
    no matter what I do it wont play, at all.

Any suggestions?

nickpeck36, Dec 6, 2014
  4. Kids account wont let her purchase anything on XBO, but works fine on the 360? huh?...

sorry for the wait did you go to your family setting and adjust it as much as you want hoped i helped

WickederPhoenix, Dec 6, 2014
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    The settings for 360 and the One are a little different and must be changed separately. Please log into the parent account at the link below and adjust the settings as need be.

account.xbox.com/Settings

onyxishere, Dec 7, 2014
  6. nickpeck36
    nickpeck36 Guest
    Yes, I have done all of that already numerous times at those links over the past year. It shows everything correctly, yet it still wont let her purchase anything on the XBO. It shows that she is allowed to buy ANYTHING on the site and on the XBO. I have
    allowed it on everything that I can allow it on and it still wont work for whatever reason. She is 12 btw.

nickpeck36, Dec 7, 2014
  7. i cant really help you any more cause i am stump

WickederPhoenix, Dec 7, 2014
  8. nickpeck36
    nickpeck36 Guest

Hey, I appreciate the time Kids account wont let her purchase anything on XBO, but works fine on the 360? huh?... :) I know, I have been stumped for a good while now and I can't stand it anymore. I want to give MS more money, but I guess they don't want it lol.

nickpeck36, Dec 7, 2014
  9. yea sorry i just never had a problem like that

WickederPhoenix, Dec 7, 2014
  10. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Just out of curiosity what is she trying to purchase? I have heard of issues in the past of people trying to purchase items on their kids account where the settings from the developer prevented it. This mainly happened with EA games and the parents had
    to contact EA themselves to get permission.

onyxishere, Dec 7, 2014
  11. nickpeck36
    nickpeck36 Guest
    She was trying to buy Minecraft. It won't even let her download the texture packs that she OWNES on the 360 version.

nickpeck36, Nov 1, 2018
  12. nickpeck36 Win User

Yes, I have done all of that already numerous times at those links over the past year. It shows everything correctly, yet it still wont let her purchase anything on the XBO. It shows that she is allowed to buy ANYTHING on the site and on the XBO. I have
    allowed it on everything that I can allow it on and it still wont work for whatever reason. She is 12 btw.
  13. WickederPhoenix Win User

sorry for the wait did you go to your family setting and adjust it as much as you want hoped i helped
  14. WickederPhoenix Win User

yea sorry i just never had a problem like that
  15. onyxishere Win User

Just out of curiosity what is she trying to purchase? I have heard of issues in the past of people trying to purchase items on their kids account where the settings from the developer prevented it. This mainly happened with EA games and the parents had
    to contact EA themselves to get permission.
  16. nickpeck36 Win User

Hey, I appreciate the time :) I know, I have been stumped for a good while now and I can't stand it anymore. I want to give MS more money, but I guess they don't want it lol.
Thema:

1. Kids account wont let her purchase anything on XBO, but works fine on the 360? huh?... - Similar Threads - Kids account wont

2. I want my account unbanned this is ridiculous the kid started messaging me first

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want my account unbanned this is ridiculous the kid started messaging me first: I want my account unbanned the kid started it with me 7a133edc-1f98-4b9a-8e98-847d2f26205b
  3. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  4. Kids accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kids accounts: I tried creating accounts for my kids and when it gets to the point they need my permission it says error. So I tried through the app and it says unable to send when I type in their emails. How do...
  5. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  6. EA FC 24 Ultimate, purchased for my kid, not showing as available under his account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA FC 24 Ultimate, purchased for my kid, not showing as available under his account: Hello, I purchased as a pre-order the EA FC 24 Ultimate for my kid, but I didn't receive any redeem code (to activate under his account as I don't plan to play the game) and for him, the game is...
  7. My kid can't use my gamepass on his account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My kid can't use my gamepass on his account.: I have gamepass ultimate on my account. My kid can't access gamepass benefits from his account. Both accounts are set up on same Xbox and which is set as the home Xbox....
  8. Can't add funds to kids account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add funds to kids account: Got: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble...
  9. changing kid account to adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing kid account to adult: hi, i wanted to know how i could change my kid’s account to an adult account so they can change their profile picture. i have tried managing consent but it brought me to a page which it said to...
  10. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...