Ki nect microphones not picking up voice

Discus and support Ki nect microphones not picking up voice in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my kinect works fine with voice commands meaning it picks up all voice commands but when in a party or voice chat the other person cannot hear me .... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zincmann, Jan 2, 2014.

1. zincmann
    zincmann Guest

So my kinect works fine with voice commands meaning it picks up all voice commands but when in a party or voice chat the other person cannot hear me . Did kinect video chat and video was fine but same person could not hear me and I could not hear them.
    I'm at a loss, has to be a setting somewhere.

:)

zincmann, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Microphone issue on xbox app with windows 10

When I am in an Xbox live party my microphone shows always active but is not picking up my voice. My friends, also in the party chat, tell me they hear a loud, high pitched static noise. My microphone works just fine in other voice chats, game chats, etc.
    without changing any wiring from my headset to the computer. I'm using an Xbox one turtle beach headset connected to an audio/microphone splitter into the computer. I've also tried changing devices in the party chat settings to no avail.

hugger mugger1, Jan 2, 2014
  3. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    CANT CHECK MSGS

Hi, It should work by clicing on the number nect to your envelope. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to load up. If they are voice messages then you have to be at your xbox and not your computer or phone.

brandiesel1, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Ki nect microphones not picking up voice

zincmann,

To check the settings press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings then select Kinect Settings, and see what the settings on your Chat Microphone are set to. Let us know and
    we'll go from there.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 2, 2014
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

zincmann,

To check the settings press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings then select Kinect Settings, and see what the settings on your Chat Microphone are set to. Let us know and
    we'll go from there.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

CANT CHECK MSGS

Hi, It should work by clicing on the number nect to your envelope. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to load up. If they are voice messages then you have to be at your xbox and not your computer or phone.
  7. djmistaspot Win User

Xbox Gamechat

There's a good chance it has to do with the other people, as they could have it setup for chat to come through speakers and their microphone is picking up your voice.
  8. G.Tratnik Win User

Sea of thieves and xbox app voice chat won't pick up my microphone

no, i don't use the party chat, i'm in the game that has voice chat, but the microphone isn't bein picked up, so i can hear my crewmates, but they can't hear me and when i go to the xbox app>settings> audio, there is a gray bar right under where it says Voice volume and under that gray bar, you can set the volume, that gray bar looks like it should light up or show you if your microphone is being picked up but it always stays gray. When i go to the xbox game bar and launch a party, it looks like it picks it up there fine, but in the settings of the xbox app it does nothing, same for the game(sea of thieves) whenever i try to speak in the game nothing comes out on my side and the green message icon that shows if your voice is getting picked up doesn't appear at all meaning it's not picking up the microphone for some weird reason.
  9. DrGreenThumb NZ Win User

Killler Instinct 1 and 2 classic standalone

KI Ultra edition Season 1 is half price at the moment, picked it up just for KI classic :)
Thema:

1. Ki nect microphones not picking up voice - Similar Threads - nect microphones picking

2. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  3. Microphone echoing on Xbox when joining discord call

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone echoing on Xbox when joining discord call: Hi so the microphone echoes on my xbox console/controller regardless of the microhphone I use. Any issues to fix this? This does not happen anywhere else. I tried factory resetting but no avail....
  4. I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?: I just got a new mic and when plugging it into my controller I could hear just fine but my microphone didn't work. I've already tried some solutions but nothing seemed to work. Is there any...
  5. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  6. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list. This has never happened to...
  7. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone: I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow...
  8. Bluetooth microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Bluetooth microphone not working: I am using bluetooth headphones with a bluetooth transmitter. My headset has a microphone built into them but for some reason my microphone wont work. I can hear everything else through my headset...
  9. game Bar does not record my microphone properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    game Bar does not record my microphone properly: When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the recording. It is also only my mic audio, not the...
  10. My microphone just stopped working out of nowhere

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microphone just stopped working out of nowhere: I was watching a basketball game talking with my friends and out of nowhere my microphone stopped picking up voice. I tried pressing the Mute button multiple times, i have it correctly set up, the...