Keeps saying "Gamertag not allowed" when it looks clean to me.

Discus and support Keeps saying "Gamertag not allowed" when it looks clean to me. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i keep trying to change my gamertag to "Textacy" (Mashup of "Texting" and "Ecstasy") and it wont let me. I really dont see how its not allowed? its... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lavio Lavana, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Lavio Lavana
    Lavio Lavana Guest

So i keep trying to change my gamertag to "Textacy" (Mashup of "Texting" and "Ecstasy") and it wont let me. I really dont see how its not allowed? its harmless both mashed together like that and both words separate. It doesnt break any of the rules for
    how a gamertag would be banned... i get you should think about it might mean something in another language but its not even exactly a real word as it is? uhh..

:)

Lavio Lavana, Nov 2, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

it is clear to see that it still has a drug reference, they won't allow it.
  3. Junemas Win User

Try contacting the actual Xbox support team for more infirmation on your issue, is it saying the game tag is in use and that's why you aren't allowed.
  4. Lavio Lavana Win User

Well i get that but i wouldnt know why it would be censored if its harmless. May just do what you did and see what it does
  5. Lavio Lavana Win User

No its not already in use, it never said that. Just been saying not allowed.
  6. Lady Nataleigh Win User

What could be happening is Xbox's system could have certain phrases or words censored. There really is no way to get your gamertag to work unless you add an extra letter/character to see if it doesn't trip the filter (Had to do this with one of my two
    current gamertags where the name Suki wasn't allowed, but Sukii was).
Thema:

1. Keeps saying "Gamertag not allowed" when it looks clean to me. - Similar Threads - Keeps saying Gamertag

2. Keeps saying “connection failed” failed to login to online services [Reason: Detrick-Lester]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps saying “connection failed” failed to login to online services [Reason: Detrick-Lester]: Can’t Connect. Keeps saying “connection failed. Failed to login to online services [Reason:DETRICK-LESTER]. My connection and speed are good. Just had the cable guy come out and look at my...
  3. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  4. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  5. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  6. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  7. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  8. Why dose my Xbox keep saying passwords wrong when it’s not and everything else is working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dose my Xbox keep saying passwords wrong when it’s not and everything else is working...: Things I have tried ~ : turning it off and on : restarting it : restarting my router : changed the dns settings : leaving it off for a while : Unplugging it and plugging it back in ~I’m...
  9. Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”

in XboX Insiders
    Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”: I’m trying to update Dead by Daylight but the download keeps freezing and says “finishing things up…” and doesn’t progress the download at all. It’s been frozen for over an hour. I do not know...
  10. I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?: I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate? 3b1ddad5-be63-48eb-b4de-cbff6a7a5011