Keeps prompting me to buy game pass ultimate or Xbox live gold

Discus and support Keeps prompting me to buy game pass ultimate or Xbox live gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can’t play any online multiplayer games such as Modern Warfare ll and Vanguard. Every time I try to launch online multiplayer, it says that I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cardin Ho, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Cardin Ho
    Cardin Ho Guest

I can’t play any online multiplayer games such as Modern Warfare ll and Vanguard. Every time I try to launch online multiplayer, it says that I have to purchase Xbox live gold or game pass ultimate even though I already have Xbox live. Is it just me or maybe a bug in my xbox console that’s causing this issue?

:)

Cardin Ho, Dec 12, 2022
  2. Cardin Ho Win User

MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

I think I must have faced the same issue over here too my mw2 game won’t let me play online multiplayer and it’s prompting to buy Xbox live gold or game pass ultimate too
  3. Pheilim O'Brien Win User

Why can't I play DOOM Eternal or DOOM (2016) with a regular gamepass subscription?

Hi Pheilim, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you getting a prompt to get an Xbox Live Gold subscription or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? If yes, jus a friendly reminder though that to play a paid online multiplayer game an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required which is why you're getting the prompt.

Game Pass for Console is a subscription where you can access the game pass library, the Xbox Live Gold subscription is different but it is included on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
    I'm getting a prompt for Ultimate, not Xbox Live Gold.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. My name is John P an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble playing your games. Please try to resync your Xbox profile to your console by following the steps below. Make sure that you know your account logins before doing these steps.

REMOVE PROFILE:

To remove a profile: From Profile & system, select Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select a profile, then select Remove.

POWER CYCLE CONSOLE:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

RE-ADD PROFILE:

To add an Xbox profile to a console, press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system. Select Add or switch, and then select Add new and follow the instructions.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Please refrain from creating duplicate threads as you're already being assisted in your original thread.
  6. vikingsfan34157 Win User

Game pass ultimate subscription through code

Xbox game pass ultimate comes with the Xbox Live gold membership so if that's your concern then if you buy the Xbox game pass ultimate then you won't have Xbox Live gold as well
Thema:

1. Keeps prompting me to buy game pass ultimate or Xbox live gold - Similar Threads - Keeps prompting buy

2. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  3. xbox keeps signing me out!

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox keeps signing me out!: I am trying to create an account; it;s all registered and verified, but whenever I log in to cloud gaming, it automatically signs me out. Any ideas? 0d536b83-3015-4406-99ec-f12f949a5279
  4. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  5. Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?: Just went out and bought a 120hz 4k tv with the purpose for gaming, but EVERY game i open immediately forces my tv to say “lost signal” but then i can hit the home button and go back and it...
  6. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  7. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  8. trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trying to sign into the xbox app and i just keep getting the prompt to enter my password: every. single. time. i try to log into to the broken xbox app. i just keep getting asked for my password in an infinite loop. its not signing me in i just keep getting asked for my password back...
  9. Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?: I try to play ANY Battlefield and it tells me I don’t have access to online. Then try’s to prompt me into buying game pass. It is extremely frustrating because I paid for all of these games....
  10. Trying to sign into account on Xbox series X, keeps prompting me for an email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to sign into account on Xbox series X, keeps prompting me for an email.: On a Xbox series X trying to sign into my account. I go to add new to try and add the account and am prompted with entering the email. I proceed to enter the email and press the continue button. I...