Keeps attempting to sync data and then failing - can't play any games

Discus and support Keeps attempting to sync data and then failing - can't play any games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ever since Xbox Live went down yesterday I have not been able to play any games. It comes up with a screen that says "Syncing data for___" and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 6Rebecca, Dec 19, 2015.

1. 6Rebecca
    6Rebecca Guest

Ever since Xbox Live went down yesterday I have not been able to play any games. It comes up with a screen that says "Syncing data for___" and then fails. When it fails, I get a screen that says "We couldn't sync your data at this time" with no error code.
    It does this with all games and I cannot play anything at all (even offline). I have never played on any other console and I haven't done anything differently. I also cannot access the Store or any Live content.

I have refreshed my internet and it works fine - when testing network connection on the console it says everything is fine. I have tried using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS. I have tried rebooting my console. Nothing so far has worked. I contacted the chat support
    people and they barely speak English and they're just copying and pasting overly polite greetings and telling me I need to change my NAT from Moderate to Open. I have never had my NAT on Open before, it has always been Moderate with no problems. I'm still
    connected to the support person but she takes more than 20 minutes to give me an answer each time.

Why is it syncing when it has never tried to sync before? And why is it failing? Why did this happen only after the DDoS attack yesterday?

Could someone please help me?

:)

6Rebecca, Dec 19, 2015
  2. sync data problem

HI IM HAVING A PROBLEM LATELY WHEN I PLAY MY GAMES AND IT SAYS SYNC DATA IT ALWAYS LOADS AND THEN SAYS UNABLE TO SYNC DATA TRY AGAIN SO HAVE TO TRY ABOUT 3 OR 4 TIMES TO GET IT TO SYNC WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ANY SUGGESTIONS

DemonHunter1978, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (X1)

I have achieved 82% progress in this game. When attempting to play a week ago after the loading screen appears a completely black screen with game noises in the background. I found this is a known issue with this game. A save corruption problem.

I have attempted many recommended actions for a solution:

• Clear local saved data from console, uninstall game, reinstall, re-sync with cloud= FAIL
    • Disconnect from internet and attempt to load from console ONLY= FAIL
    • Power cycle XBOX ONE= FAIL
    • Contacted Square-Enix technical support; generated a ticket (Ticket number is: 5443945) and NO RESPONSE= FAIL
    • Variations of first step listed above= FAIL
    I arrived at the conclusion both cloud and console data are corrupt. And this really sucks. I have completed 82% of the game and really do not want to start over.

Is it possible MS technical support can access a previous save-point in my cloud and establish it?

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

LeathaFacexII, Dec 19, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Have you tried powering down your modem and router and leaving them down for 15 seconds and powering them back up? Try that in conjunction with a hard reset on your console. Hold the power button on the front for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down
    completely. Wait a couple of minutes and power it back up. When everything is back online test it and let us know the results. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Dec 19, 2015
  5. 6Rebecca
    6Rebecca Guest
    Yes, I have tried resetting the modem as well. There is no problem with the connection.

6Rebecca, Dec 19, 2015
  6. List what kind of modem and router you are using , also , I would reset the router to factory defaults AND check the firmware version and see if there is a new version ...sometimes , deleting your profile then re downloading it helps but the fact your nat
    isn't open is a concern , if router is working correctly it should be open...

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  7. 6Rebecca Win User

Yes, I have tried resetting the modem as well. There is no problem with the connection.
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

List what kind of modem and router you are using , also , I would reset the router to factory defaults AND check the firmware version and see if there is a new version ...sometimes , deleting your profile then re downloading it helps but the fact your nat
    isn't open is a concern , if router is working correctly it should be open...
  9. {Parity} Win User

Have you tried powering down your modem and router and leaving them down for 15 seconds and powering them back up? Try that in conjunction with a hard reset on your console. Hold the power button on the front for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down
    completely. Wait a couple of minutes and power it back up. When everything is back online test it and let us know the results. Good Luck!
  10. VigilantRex Win User

Everything internet related is slow or does not work since I updated

Still Broken.

by a stoke of luck I was able to sign in last night.

It still fails about 80% signing in on on start-up

but since the tech here on Chat told me to remove my profile - every game I try to play needs to pull a full sync of the cloud data. 3 attempts and 65 minutes later and I was able to get my Game of thrones file.

Tried for an hour to sync Forza6 data - no luck failed twice. I gave up.

Please keep in mind every other device in my network is performing flawlessly, PCs tablets Phones even the XBOX 360!

Also, I had the perfect "control" with a new Xbox one, new in the box. I plugged that in, it ran the set up and it had the same problem. - it's worse that useless because it doesn't have any games DL'd on it. It is unplugged from power.

What a lame way to spend the holiday weekend
  11. ZombieOrbit44 Win User

Can't sync Fallout 4 game data with the cloud.

After countless attempts to sync the data, it finally worked. The only thing I did differently this time was I turned my TV off because I got so sick of seeing the sync fail. I guess a watched pot never boils, huh?
Thema:

1. Keeps attempting to sync data and then failing - can't play any games - Similar Threads - Keeps attempting sync

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?: My xbox series s after being turned off starts to flash not connect to my tv and my controller stays on does anyone have a clue as to what's happening? submitted by /u/Riley6081 [link] [comments]
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  7. Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to: Ive read through other questions about this on the forums but no matter what nothing seems to work, Ive tried unlinking it both on the xbox itself and through both the xbox and discord apps and...
  8. When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing: When i try to turn my series s/x controller on the light just flashes and my controller doesn’t turn on, it isn’t because my controller isn’t connected to my xbox because i have tried with a wire...
  9. I keep getting a too many authentication attempts detected error when trying to sign in to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting a too many authentication attempts detected error when trying to sign in to...: I’m using the steam deck for Xbox cloud gaming and when trying to sign in xbox does not let me and gives an error message saying the server has detected too many authentication attempts. I’ve...
  10. Keep getting signed out when I attempt to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting signed out when I attempt to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3: I keep getting signed out whenever I try to play black ops 2 and MW3 on series X. No other game does this but those two and i have been unable to find a fix. I have tried every fix I could find,...