keeping xbox on

Discus and support keeping xbox on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it bad for the xbox one to keep it on instant on mode and how long can I keep my xbox on and is kinect's fan supposed to turn all the time or just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlexO'brien, Jan 2, 2014.

1. AlexO'brien
    AlexO'brien Guest

keeping xbox on

Is it bad for the xbox one to keep it on instant on mode and how long can I keep my xbox on and is kinect's fan supposed to turn all the time or just when needed

:)

AlexO'brien, Jan 2, 2014
  2. keeping the console on !!

no i wont do it then it will red ring over time but you can also buy a xbox cooler that will fit in the back of it and you will get many years out of it you can find one at game stop or walmart

GENERAL ZOD XX, Jan 2, 2014
  3. RedOneFlyer
    RedOneFlyer Guest
    keeping the console on !!

Hey Unbeatable, with the older consoles there is a higher chance of something happening to it. Just to add on to what everyone else said, If you go to Settings > System > Console Settings > Startup and Shutdown, you will see 3 options, startup, auto-off
    and background downloads. The Auto-off and Background downloads is something you may be interested in. The Auto-off shuts down your console after a period of inactivity. The Background downloads, when you turn your console off, if there is anything your xbox
    is downloading, it will finish up all the downloads then turn your console off. Just a couple tips that I thought you might like

RedOneFlyer, Jan 2, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

keeping xbox on

I leave mine on Instant On mode and everything seems fine, although in a quiet room I can still hear the console a little. I'm not really worried about leaving it on. I bought the extended warranty just in case!!

CMUchippewa, Jan 8, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa Win User

keeping xbox on

I leave mine on Instant On mode and everything seems fine, although in a quiet room I can still hear the console a little. I'm not really worried about leaving it on. I bought the extended warranty just in case!!
  6. Sahvahthun Win User

I can't play anything

Will it keep my home xboxs if I reset my Xbox and keep games
  7. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Xbox keeps on freezing

Thanks for the update, Robert F SWE. Please keep us posted!
  8. Robert F SWE Win User

Xbox keeps on freezing

Thanks for all the answers! I did try the guide that Hassassinade linked and since i cannot remove my storage device and reproduce the freezing since all the freezing only starts during time i play on LIVE or play a downloaded game such as the game Crysis
    which i just realized freezes sometimes in the menu i will probably send the xbox to be repaired
  9. Arminator Win User

Xbox keeps disconnecting

[quote user="Wikipedia Braun"]

I'm sorry, I meant WGA54G, Wireless Game Adapter.

[/quote]

But in that case, you must not configure the Xbox for wireless setup, and the diagnostic screen that you posted earlier shows that the console configured wrong:

[quote user="Wikipedia Braun"]

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.2.1 / 0.0.0.0

S: WEP

C: 11

[/quote]

If you had configured the WGA54G properly with the console, the network would appear as a wired network for the console, as you plug that WGA54G WLAN Bridge into the console's ethernet port.

Why do you try to use the WGA54G, if your console has Wireless built in, or it's own adapter (apparent from the "T: Wireless" part)?

According to the
    User Manual of the WGA54G
    it works like this: Connect the WGA54G to your PC and configure the WGA54G to connect to your network.

After your PC properly configured the bridge, take it to the console, plug it in the ethernet port, and tell the console to use a WIRED connection. As the console won't "see" the difference between a cable going all the way to your router, or if the connection
    gets bridged wirelessly.
Thema:

keeping xbox on

1. keeping xbox on - Similar Threads - keeping

2. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  3. Minecraft modded keeps on crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft modded keeps on crashing: I'm playing on 1.20.1 forge and every time i try to run it i get exit code 1 even without mods, i tried reinstalling java and watched a lot of tutorials but nothing works crash logs:...
  4. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  5. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  6. Give mode keeps switching on

in XBoX on Windows
    Give mode keeps switching on: My Give Mode options just keep switching on even though I have turned it off. I do not want to donate and have turned the automatic give mode off, but it just keeps switching on. Please help....
  7. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  8. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  9. Console keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console keeps freezing: My son received an Xbox Series X for Christmas from his dad. Everything was going fine until a few weeks ago when his games started freezing. It is now all games, and the console will just freeze...
  10. All ports keep getting disconnected as i play

in XboX Insiders
    All ports keep getting disconnected as i play: Hey whenever i try to play on my console every wire thats connected to it keeps disconnecting from it but everything is plugged in. Does anyone know any solutions to this? submitted by...