keeping xbox on

Discus and support keeping xbox on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it bad for the xbox one to keep it on instant on mode and how long can I keep my xbox on and is kinect's fan supposed to turn all the time or just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlexO'brien, Jan 2, 2014.

1. AlexO'brien
    AlexO'brien Guest

keeping xbox on

Is it bad for the xbox one to keep it on instant on mode and how long can I keep my xbox on and is kinect's fan supposed to turn all the time or just when needed

:)

AlexO'brien, Jan 2, 2014
  2. keeping the console on !!

no i wont do it then it will red ring over time but you can also buy a xbox cooler that will fit in the back of it and you will get many years out of it you can find one at game stop or walmart

GENERAL ZOD XX, Jan 2, 2014
  3. RedOneFlyer
    RedOneFlyer Guest
    keeping the console on !!

Hey Unbeatable, with the older consoles there is a higher chance of something happening to it. Just to add on to what everyone else said, If you go to Settings > System > Console Settings > Startup and Shutdown, you will see 3 options, startup, auto-off
    and background downloads. The Auto-off and Background downloads is something you may be interested in. The Auto-off shuts down your console after a period of inactivity. The Background downloads, when you turn your console off, if there is anything your xbox
    is downloading, it will finish up all the downloads then turn your console off. Just a couple tips that I thought you might like

RedOneFlyer, Jan 2, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

keeping xbox on

I leave mine on Instant On mode and everything seems fine, although in a quiet room I can still hear the console a little. I'm not really worried about leaving it on. I bought the extended warranty just in case!!

CMUchippewa, Jan 8, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa Win User

keeping xbox on

I leave mine on Instant On mode and everything seems fine, although in a quiet room I can still hear the console a little. I'm not really worried about leaving it on. I bought the extended warranty just in case!!
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Xbox keeps on freezing

Thanks for the update, Robert F SWE. Please keep us posted!
  7. Robert F SWE Win User

Xbox keeps on freezing

Thanks for all the answers! I did try the guide that Hassassinade linked and since i cannot remove my storage device and reproduce the freezing since all the freezing only starts during time i play on LIVE or play a downloaded game such as the game Crysis
    which i just realized freezes sometimes in the menu i will probably send the xbox to be repaired
  8. Arminator Win User

Xbox keeps disconnecting

[quote user="Wikipedia Braun"]

I'm sorry, I meant WGA54G, Wireless Game Adapter.

[/quote]

But in that case, you must not configure the Xbox for wireless setup, and the diagnostic screen that you posted earlier shows that the console configured wrong:

[quote user="Wikipedia Braun"]

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.2.1 / 0.0.0.0

S: WEP

C: 11

[/quote]

If you had configured the WGA54G properly with the console, the network would appear as a wired network for the console, as you plug that WGA54G WLAN Bridge into the console's ethernet port.

Why do you try to use the WGA54G, if your console has Wireless built in, or it's own adapter (apparent from the "T: Wireless" part)?

According to the
    User Manual of the WGA54G
    it works like this: Connect the WGA54G to your PC and configure the WGA54G to connect to your network.

After your PC properly configured the bridge, take it to the console, plug it in the ethernet port, and tell the console to use a WIRED connection. As the console won't "see" the difference between a cable going all the way to your router, or if the connection
    gets bridged wirelessly.
  9. Anonymous98989 Win User

Xbox keeps disconnecting

Thema:

keeping xbox on

1. keeping xbox on - Similar Threads - keeping

2. My Xbox Series S keeps going to a black screen when the input hovers over the xcloud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps going to a black screen when the input hovers over the xcloud...: Is this because the streaming feature is broken on my Xbox? The button for streaming isn't even fully there anymore. It is just a blank box that sends me to a black screen if I just hover over it,...
  3. My minecraft won’t uninstall, it keeps giving me error code 0x80073cfe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft won’t uninstall, it keeps giving me error code 0x80073cfe: i keep trying to update my minecraft from the microsoft store but it keeps saying “something happened on our end” and then whenever i try to delete it i get a notification saying “We couldn’t...
  4. On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,...: There is a glitch with the "Add a Network" part of the Xbox Console. If your wifi doesn't show up on the scan or you have it hidden then you cannot go online because the system will only ask for...
  5. I keep getting black screens while gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I keep getting black screens while gaming.: They always last 2 to 3 seconds and come anywhere from every 2 minutes to every 20 minutes. The only guarantee is that it will happen if I'm playing a game. I'm in the Alpha ring and I'm running a...
  6. I keep having problems with the sensitivity of my mouse playing call of duty: mw2. What is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep having problems with the sensitivity of my mouse playing call of duty: mw2. What is...: When I play my sensitivity constantly shifts from medium to rapid. This is not playable. Can someone help me? It is of course known that there have been huge issues with the game. But it seems...
  7. Disney + App on Xbox 1 in South Africa - streaming keeps freezing and loading.

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney + App on Xbox 1 in South Africa - streaming keeps freezing and loading.: I can't stream videos, the video plays for a few seconds, freezes and the loading circle goes. It stops and starts like this ongoing - it is worse at night. I logged a call with disney+ support...
  8. xbox 360 keeps beeping and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 keeps beeping and turning off: My xbox 360 keeps beeping like i am pressing the button to turn it off, and turning off even though i am just trying to play a game. sometimes it even does it with the disk drive, but it doesnt...
  9. Modern keeps saying my profile is signed out, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern keeps saying my profile is signed out, why?: I can't play modern warfare because it says my profile was signed out 0edaf8e5-641b-410a-8393-98d5673765be
  10. Video keeps blacking out xbox one x!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video keeps blacking out xbox one x!: When I play my Xbox one X, the video keeps going black, like it's turning on and off, the TV itself seems fine. My Nintendo switch works just fine with the same hdmi cable... Why does the XBOX...