Keeping my old gamertag, which has unsupported letters

Discus and support Keeping my old gamertag, which has unsupported letters in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok, thank you for reading this, so as you may know you guys have filed out that people with unsupported characters in their names shall change their... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Çvrnage, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Çvrnage
    Çvrnage Guest

Ok, thank you for reading this, so as you may know you guys have filed out that people with unsupported characters in their names shall change their name. I am here to disagree and persuade you into realising the problem this will cause, so as you may know most of these peoples name create diversity in the gamertag side of xbox, it allows them to look cool, it doesn’t conflict harm to anyone so I do not see a point of the forcing to change, also of how simple they are, and how rare, this is dumb to change the rarity in gamertags, people got these which they are one in couple of thousand who have them, having these is much more important to gaming, having these access you a lot of things, you have access to a rare name. As you know a lot of people do not know how to get these characters, which is why you shouldn’t make them change their name. Say you have a 2 letter gamertag, you have one of the most rarest gamertags, right. But forcing someone to change that when they took the time to get that secure it, and hold on to it. As you know not many people have rare gamertags which creates a diverse place in the community. In conclusion, you guys need to come together and feel for the people who have these amazing gamertags, and ask yourself, are these harming anyone. None of the unsupported characters harm anyone they are not racist etc. Thank you for your time.

:)

Çvrnage, Nov 11, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Huh a two letter gamertag wouldnt have a forced name change..

.and unsupported characters aren't forced name changed

You might want to read the terms of use before making a gamertag it is common sense

You have to remember it's a multi national community

What doesn't offend you doesn't mean it doesn't offend others

When.it comes to your name it is yoir name to OTHERS not You

So.yes how. You present yourself.is important
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on before it got recycled in 2016?

as that original xbox account has the same name with a space your are done for, the new gamertag system does not take spaces into account and that old name is basically the exact same but with a space between letters which is not accounted for.
  4. Charles Lehman Win User

Where is my old gamertag I was promised back? It has been 7 months!

Yes I understand. However my old gamertag was 14 letters long.
  5. Syn Plays Xbox Win User

2 Letter Gamertags

2 letters are so pointless unless they're real words such as At, or OR, not just random letters and numbers.

Plus, yours is 3 characters. When you make a gamertag, it doesn't go by letters, it goes by characters, which you have 3 of.

I don't know how long you've had your account, but i'm gonna make an assumption that you've bought the gamertag since every 2-3 character gamertags have been made and are silver accounts.

It has no meaning to it, it isn't an old nickname, it doesn't, for lack of a better term, "stick" to you.

It's a random gamertag that has no meaning and your just lucky to have because people really get off to the fact that they have a random short gamertag that affects your gameplay none.

But congrats, I guess.
  6. Jeremy2085 Win User

Gamertag Not Available

Maybe it's an inactive gamertag that someone created but does not use any more, on the old gamertag system. If you wanted that gamertag why don't you try it with capital letters or some numbers too see if that's available, if you don't mind the capital
    letters and numbers that is.
Thema:

1. Keeping my old gamertag, which has unsupported letters - Similar Threads - Keeping old gamertag

2. 1 year old pc keeps randomly freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 year old pc keeps randomly freezing: specs OS Name ‏‏Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF, 3400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date...
  3. Xbox app keeps signing into old account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app keeps signing into old account.: Hi I have game pass ultimate on my series x and have been trying to log into my account on the pc using Xbox app but it keeps logging into an account I haven’t used in years. Deleting that...
  4. Can I make a new Xbox account and keep my games from my old profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I make a new Xbox account and keep my games from my old profile?: I’m blocked out of my Microsoft account and I’ve tried everything, every account recovery (phone number, emails, Microsoft/Xbox support) nothing works so I want to make a new account however I...
  5. I was gifted my brothers old Xbox. He has games on there I wish to keep. I have created my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was gifted my brothers old Xbox. He has games on there I wish to keep. I have created my...: I was gifted my brothers old Xbox. He has games on there I wish to keep. I have created my own account on the console. If I delete games on my console will they come of his console as well ? Using...
  6. Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...: I believe my account keeps being compromised by an old phone no. Not sure how because I’ve removed the no. From my account and other devices ddc28e34-05f4-439b-9867-5b42649b8590
  7. Why does my old gamertag keep switching back and forth with my new one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag keep switching back and forth with my new one?: I recently changed my gamertag and for some reason it changes back to my old one after like 20-30 min. When I restart my console and sign on again it still shows my old one but almost right after...
  8. I changed emails for Xbox accounts and I keep getting emails to the old email not the new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed emails for Xbox accounts and I keep getting emails to the old email not the new one.: Two months ago I changed the main email address on my xbox account to my personal one from my parents email address from when I was younger. I have not gotten email notifications on my email but...
  9. I'm trying to sign into Mlb the show companion app and it keeps using my old email and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to sign into Mlb the show companion app and it keeps using my old email and...: Can anyone tell me why I can't use my Xbox live that I'm signed into right now on the MLB the show companion app 6ed31632-8453-4c1e-86b5-e74e9dfd4247
  10. How to Keep old Gamertag on new email account, when old email account lost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Keep old Gamertag on new email account, when old email account lost?: Hi, hope someone can help? I haven't played my Xbox 360 for couple years, the email I had linked to teh account is now not accessible. However when I log onto my Xbox 360 the Gamertag is still...