Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to...

Discus and support Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep trying to play Roblox with my friends on Xbox but when they send an invite I get a popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by potatos2, Nov 20, 2022.

1. potatos2
    potatos2 Guest

Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to...

I keep trying to play Roblox with my friends on Xbox but when they send an invite I get a popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" and it says "look for app in Microsoft store." so I downloaded Roblox on the Microsoft store but that didn't work. And I have the xbox companion console downloaded but that still isn't working because I don't think there is a notifications button on the console companion. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

potatos2, Nov 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to accept invites.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this potatos2

Please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

-----------

If the issue persists please try reinstalling the Microsoft Store and all its components.

Try both methods provided by Lester:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. Tomm_A Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

Hello Khalid Ruiz,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

Hello Jana R how are you?
    My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant. I found a solution that is here in this link that I am sending you, I ask that you read the complete article and see if this solution presented will solve your problem. Please activate your browser's translator, it is possible that it is in another language.

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br...ivo-para/8076cb3f-c01f-460e-bd07-fec710c4254f
  5. CharlesTan4 Win User

You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

thanks for the reply

i already be friends in xbox app and finish the prologue too. The funny is I can't join all my friends session/convoy and must wait my friends invite me. My friends can join my session/convoy without my invitation
  6. Tomm_A Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

Hello Khalid Ruiz,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are invited with your Xbox friends to play game and got an error message. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you playing on Xbox app?

2. Are you using Xbox game bar in your Windows Pc?

The error "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer" usually appears when there's an issue with the Xbox Game Bar or the Xbox app on your system. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.

3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

2. Repair and Reset the Xbox Game Bar and Xbox app: Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox game bar app > click on it and select advanced options. After that, click repair and then reset. Then do the same for the Xbox app.

3. Reinstall the Game Bar via PowerShell command:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.
    • Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system:
    [table][tr]Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage[/tr][/table]
    Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to... - Similar Threads - Keep getting You'll

2. All ports keep getting disconnected as i play

in XboX Insiders
    All ports keep getting disconnected as i play: Hey whenever i try to play on my console every wire thats connected to it keeps disconnecting from it but everything is plugged in. Does anyone know any solutions to this? submitted by...
  3. keep getting logged out

in XBoX Accessibility
    keep getting logged out: every time i attempt to log into minecraft via the x box store it keeps bring me to a Microsoft store page that says that singing out then it kicks me out when i attempt to log in a gain it says...
  4. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  5. I keep getting error code 80190005 while all servers are only

in XboX Insiders
    I keep getting error code 80190005 while all servers are only: What is happening submitted by /u/KingPanda7799 [link] [comments]
  6. I keep getting charged 13.55 even tho I don’t have any subscription. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting charged 13.55 even tho I don’t have any subscription. What do I do?: How do I get it off so it stops. I don’t have any subscription and my card is not on xbox 8d15ab5e-a813-498e-b49c-663a273eb8bc
  7. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  8. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  9. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  10. Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no...: Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no connection problems just kicks me out of matches just started today. 2bfe270c-2f64-4cdd-9a1d-f87a10b3aafb