Keep getting the "This file has no app associated with it" error message everytime i try to...

Discus and support Keep getting the "This file has no app associated with it" error message everytime i try to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have already tried the registry, using the command prompt in administrator mode, verified the integrity of the game files on steam. Not to mention... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by R.J. Meyer, Dec 4, 2022.

1. R.J. Meyer
    R.J. Meyer Guest

Keep getting the "This file has no app associated with it" error message everytime i try to...

I have already tried the registry, using the command prompt in administrator mode, verified the integrity of the game files on steam. Not to mention trying to uninstall the game and completely redownload it to no avail. Anything else useful on the internet is usually not showing the issue with an actual gaming program like mine its usually just a normal folder or file and there isnt a youtube video to walk you through it with a game file would like some actual help. I'm not very pc savy but i can follow a walkthrough.

:)

R.J. Meyer, Dec 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Keep getting the "This file has no app associated with it" error message everytime i try to launch battlefield 2042. I bought it on steam.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this R.J

I understand that you need help with Battlefield, however Microsoft is not the developer of this game.
    For this you need to reach EA or Steam support, you can do it from here:
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
    https://help.steampowered.com/

In case you need to know when it’s necessary to reach Microsoft or the game developer please check this article
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. MarceloTHX Win User

Two gamertags one email?

Everytime I try to change 's email (from the main Gmail Account that I want other gamertag to be associated with.. to a new Live ID) I get an error message.

I also tried to enter the app password with the gamertag I want to use and the main Gmail account, no success.
  4. Siri Helps Win User

abuse

i keep getting hate messages on my gamertag, like everytime i go in a lobby someone has to make a rude comment. i tried to file a complient and nothing happens
  5. David Ashkar Win User

Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8

Update: I was getting "Bad Image" error message so did the following:

• Reset windows11 from cloud (keeping my files)
    • Update apps and drivers
    • install directx
    • install C++ (x64)
    • tried downloading games from store instead of xbox app

None of these worked, and I have to change the download location in Xbox app now everytime I open it (goes back to C automatically)

Games from Steam and Ubisoft works fine (apart from the Bad Image message)
  6. EarthboundX Win User

Xbox remote install from Game Pass app

Yep, same thing has been happening to me. It worked just until this month, and now I just keep getting error messages when I try to remote install from the Gamepass mobile app.
Thema:

1. Keep getting the "This file has no app associated with it" error message everytime i try to... - Similar Threads - Keep getting file

2. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  3. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  6. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  7. Xbox button keeps spamming can I get help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox button keeps spamming can I get help: My Xbox one pair button keeps thinking I’m pressing it and keeps making the beeping noise is there anyway to fix it 6cb6a467-2a1b-4e21-a04e-95ea47f2e493
  8. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...
  9. All ports keep getting disconnected as i play

in XboX Insiders
    All ports keep getting disconnected as i play: Hey whenever i try to play on my console every wire thats connected to it keeps disconnecting from it but everything is plugged in. Does anyone know any solutions to this? submitted by...
  10. Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files": I have Wartales installed via the Xbox App for PC (w/ Game Pass subscription) and every couple of times when I launch the game, it gets stuck on "syncing files". I've left it there for an hour and...