Keep getting games interrupted with a message saying game being played somewhere else but...

Discus and support Keep getting games interrupted with a message saying game being played somewhere else but... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a Series X and a Series S with Game pass. When i play on the Series S, every minute or 2 the game stops and it says it is being played... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FINCK79, Mar 5, 2022.

1. FINCK79
    FINCK79 Guest

Keep getting games interrupted with a message saying game being played somewhere else but...

I have a Series X and a Series S with Game pass.

When i play on the Series S, every minute or 2 the game stops and it says it is being played somewhere else, so i always press play here instead. My Series X is off and i have logged in to microsoft to check my devices and dont see anything suspicious.

This is happening every minute or 2 so games are becoming unplayable.

I have set the Series S as Home console to see if it makes any difference and it doesnt.

How can i stop this?

:)

FINCK79, Mar 5, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Keep getting games interrupted with a message saying game being played somewhere else but it isnt

I appreciate the heads up, Nursemorph!

These details seem to have been skipped, will update the questions then wait if OP replies. 😊

Many thanks!

3. Nursemorph Win User

Keep getting games interrupted with a message saying game being played somewhere else but it isnt

I'm not the OP but I think your first 2 questions were covered in the OP's post:

"When i play on the Series S, every minute or 2 the game stops and it says it is being played somewhere else, so i always press play here instead. My Series X is off"
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi FINCK79,

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved or answered. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Kind regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi FINCK79,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you were trying to cease the interruption you get every time you play a game on Xbox Series. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. Are these devices added to the Microsoft account's listed devices?
    2. Are these devices sharing same network?
    3. May we know if this happens to all game titles? Or just specific games?
    4. Have you tried playing the same game on a different device/console from which you were interrupted with the error message?
    You may start to perform basic troubleshooting by checking this support article, otherwise let us know the answers to the question above:

Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi FINCK79,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation. Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Keep getting games interrupted with a message saying game being played somewhere else but... - Similar Threads - Keep getting games

2. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  3. Xbox games keeps getting installed on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox games keeps getting installed on my PC: As the title sais it just keeps filling my disk up with games currently installed on the xbox. Why does this happend? EVERY single day it keeps filling the disk up. i've even signed...
  4. Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?: So I just started playing a new game on my Xbox, which works perfectly fine when I play it on my TV or another monitor, but for some reason when I load up a game on this monitor via my Xbox I keep...
  5. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  6. my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...: my internet is good, other accounts work fine, but my account doesn’t work with the online games or enlisted, we have game pass, again, other accounts work fine so it’s not a issue with “whoever...
  7. Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is: i have a game on cd (Dragon Age inquisition) i have also purchased an upgrade for it via the marketplace. i have it downloaded to my xbox and it says missing cd and redirects me to the...
  8. I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...: This is the error code i receive every time i attempt to link my accounts. There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system. Please contact support....
  9. Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “: It’s not the update or trouble shooting cuz I already did that . It’s been months since I played my disc game cuz everytime I insert it , this message appears . It’s also not letting me install...
  10. Why can't I get any of my games to load. It just keeps timing out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I get any of my games to load. It just keeps timing out: Can't get any of my games to load. It say that it's timed out On every game I have tried to play. 582ddd6a-6344-4dd1-afd4-aa091b84f87d