Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now?

Discus and support Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had "games for windows" games a while back, but apparently they discontinued the service. How do I play them? Can I retrieved the keys for use on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QuietSteak7275, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now?

I had "games for windows" games a while back, but apparently they discontinued the service. How do I play them? Can I retrieved the keys for use on another system? What should I do?

:)

QuietSteak7275, Jan 8, 2016
  2. microsoft solitaire collection does not work in windows 8

Have you tried playing the game in compatibility mode?

Edit: Forget what I just said. I thought it was a Games for Windows game. I didn't realise it is a Windows 8 app. Try deleting the app and redownloading it again.

StuartATrueRed, Jan 8, 2016
  3. nattles
    nattles Guest
    MineSweeper: Can't Sign-In

I'm also having this problem on Surface pro 4 for Mahjong and Sudoku. Just downloaded and tried minesweeper and it's doing it there too. I actually have no problems playing these games on my old Surface pro 1 (with windows 10 installed on it too). The only
    game that works on surface pro 4 is Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

nattles, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest

Games for Windows Live is still up and running, they just don't support it any longer, so no more updates.

Some titles such as Resident Evil 5 have migrated to Steam. If you have the serial number for the game you can follow the instructions here

www.fuzeqna.com/.../kbdetail.aspx
    to redeem it on Steam.

Jena Makarov, Jan 9, 2016
  5. Jena Makarov Win User

Games for Windows Live is still up and running, they just don't support it any longer, so no more updates.

Some titles such as Resident Evil 5 have migrated to Steam. If you have the serial number for the game you can follow the instructions here

www.fuzeqna.com/.../kbdetail.aspx
    to redeem it on Steam.
  6. Default_570 Win User

Halo Master Chief Collection Stuttering

I have the game in Steam and it is playable at 4K on my old RX 480 8GB fine. I tried an old GTX 690 card and it also plays Halo at 4K fine.

I my RTX 2080 obviously plays all games.

I suggest reset windows which will eliminate driver issues and system corruption
  7. R. Parks Win User

Freelancer Remastered

This was one of the BEST games I ever played, NOW, SINCE, or EVER!!! I hated when my old laptop gave up the ghost because it meant I had to give up FREELANCER which I played almost every day and it wouldn't play on my much newer computer. I really wish Microsoft or GOG.com or someone would bring it back for us wiser, more mature game player.

P.S. GOG.com has brought back the old Chris Robert's game Privateer game which is even older and just as good (Well Almost!) and it plays on my new laptop with windows 11.
  8. CONDYPRYZENTSPBRpryz Win User

Halo Master Chief Collection Stuttering

I have the game in Steam and it is playable at 4K on my old RX 480 8GB fine. I tried an old GTX 690 card and it also plays Halo at 4K fine.

I my RTX 2080 obviously plays all games.

I suggest reset windows which will eliminate driver issues and system corruption
    em processo pesquisas
  9. Akusan Win User

Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x80004005"

I just did the instructions you provided but it still did not work.

I also tried installing windows 11, and now all games show a sad face and I can't play any of the game pass games.

What can I do to resolve this issue?
Thema:

1. Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now? - Similar Threads - tried playing old

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  4. When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online: When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online 02e83646-6549-4dd8-87d7-8502c9261a43
  5. can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...: Change my phone and password now can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is cancel subscription and start all over. Very frustrating...
  6. Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360: So I saw that a media player was present and I knew in the past we could hook our mp3 players to our 360 to play music so I tried with my phone and got error code 03-800705b4 anyone know this...
  7. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  8. When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one: So I wanted to play minecraft and I tried to login to my account like I always did and instead of logging me into my account it forced me to make a new one. Now every time I try to login, it puts...
  9. I'm trying to play star trek online on old gen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to play star trek online on old gen.: Star Trek online keeps kicking me out of the new character thing and keeps saying connection lost. Also it keeps saying you need a controller for this game. :( I'm using a controller also I'm on...
  10. I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...: After I gave it to him we set up an outlook account and created a gamer tag. Then I had him buy GamePass for 10 bucks a month. It all felt like it worked, but when we try to play online it stops...