Just received my Xbox wireless headset ( the $100) sounds great but friends tell me the mic...

Discus and support Just received my Xbox wireless headset ( the $100) sounds great but friends tell me the mic... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Really like how this headset sounds and the dials offer on the fly volume control but my friends keep saying the mic quality is really bad. I did some... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XPNex, Oct 29, 2021.

1. /u/XPNex
    /u/XPNex Guest

Just received my Xbox wireless headset ( the $100) sounds great but friends tell me the mic...

Really like how this headset sounds and the dials offer on the fly volume control but my friends keep saying the mic quality is really bad. I did some experimentation and found out that while on the Xbox accessories app the mic actually sound good but when returning to other apps or just exiting the accessories app the mic quality goes back to being bad. Any fix for this atm? Would hate to return this headset as I like the build and audio quality.

submitted by /u/XPNex
    [link] [comments]

/u/XPNex, Oct 29, 2021
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Headset

When purchasing a new headset, there are many things to consider. Headsets come not only is many sizes and styles, but also vary in quality, features and price. It basically boils down to what YOU want/need and budget.

• Astro A40 TR + MixAmp Pro - Wired. Great sound, great mic. $250+
    • Astro A50 - Wireless. Great sound, very good mic. $300+
    • Turtle Beach Recon 70 - Wired. Good sound, good mic. $40+
    • PDP AfterGlow AG9+ - Wireless. Good sound, decent mic. $75+
  3. mc365 Win User

Tritton Warheads

Those signals come from different places. The game audio is separate from chat, especially the mic. The inbound sound from your party can be routed to the speakers, or the headset, from the console it's self but the mic's input go through the wireless
    protocol that the game controller uses. The One uses a different variation of that wireless protocol that's how they have shortened the latency of the wireless controllers. The warhead 2 wireless radios one streams the games sounds and inbound chat much
    like every other gaming headset for the 360 and another radio that communicates directly with the 360's wireless chat (out bound mic) audio. so what happens is you get the sound from the 360 audio out into the warhead, that then sends it to you headphone.
    The mice on the headset sends, your voice directly to the 360 internal wireless receiver. It's doubtful that MS is using hardware flexible enough to support that older and newer protocol as that would cost more and potentially cannibalize potential sails
    of 100% wireless headsets for the One. The deal with Tritton was most likely limited to the 360 and no future consoles, if they patched the system to work, Tritton could just re-label the box as One compatible and not pay Microsoft anything.
  4. BboyWill1 Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset mic monitoring

The team did a great job with the headset. They are the best sounding pair of headphones I've ever purchased. However, like many of you, mic monitoring is a feature that we need. If you have not tried Turtle Beach, I would highly recommend them. They've been making wireless gaming headsets for many years, their mic monitoring is second to none and they have great sound. I've Checked out some reviews for the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 and believe this will be the best headset for me. I'll probably stick with TB from now on.
  5. FullHornet Win User

Gaming headsets for the Xbox One

Turtle Beach just came out with a completely wireless surround sound headset with mic monitoring for the Xbox One Stealth 500 X. Goes for $230.
  6. Seth B. Win User

Which wireless mic is better? the old one or the bluetooth?

Well, it all depends on what you're looking for. The best overall quality mic, would be a wireless Tritton headset. The cord mics are awful. The wires often become loose, and the mics no longer function properly. As for the Microsoft made wireless mics,
    they are good for a short time, but do not expect a lot of use out of them. Often, the battery stops functioning, or the keys on the side stick (Making the mic inoperable).

So, if you are looking for a short-term, cheap, but good quality mic, I would recommend the wireless Microsoft made headset. These cost $49.99

If you are looking for a long-term, great quality headset with no cost boundaries, I would recommend wireless Trittons.

I know that the Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Sound headset costs $300.

Hope this helped!
Thema:

1. Just received my Xbox wireless headset ( the $100) sounds great but friends tell me the mic... - Similar Threads - received wireless headset

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  5. Why haven't I received my refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received my refund?: Hey there, I recently requested a refund for a purchase I made and I was notified that it was processed. However, I have not seen the funds hit my account. d086611f-cc2f-4180-a7bd-2ab130ec473f
  6. How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?: I have 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers connected to a Windows 10 PC, via an Xbox Wireless Receiver. All 4 controllers are identified identically in the system. Trying to distinguish one from another...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11: [img] Hello, I plugged on my Windows 11 PC an old XBox 360 controller. I was looking for Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers in Windows 11 (in Control Panel older interface, they were present,...
  10. My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller: Hello I have tried updating the driver, unplugging and replugging it, changing the port and also updating my pc drivers which didn't work. I would appreciate any help you could give me, so the...