Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv....

Discus and support Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After talking to support yesterday I was told I have a defective xbox. I literally just took it out of the box and tried to get it all set up. Nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RickyWilliams3, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv....

After talking to support yesterday I was told I have a defective xbox. I literally just took it out of the box and tried to get it all set up. Nothing displays on any of my tvs when I hook it up. It appears to power up fine, but no display. Any suggestions?

:)

RickyWilliams3, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Darkon X Win User

Help using an HDMI to DVI-D cable

Nevermind people, I figured it out. If anyone is interested: Display discovery was set to ON; which I guess means my XBOX was set up to run on my 37' TV which is why I was getting no signal on my monitor. So what I did was to plug my XBOX back to my TV
    and DISABLE display discovery, then it was just a matter of hooking up my xbox to my monitor and turn it on.
  3. ImperialCobra9 Win User

Screen brightness very low when turning system on

I'm having the same problem on my Xbox One. All my other devices hooked up to my TV display perfectly, and are not super dim like when I turn my Xbox on.
  4. MHager22 Win User

HDMI pass-through, do you use it? And do you want it on Series X?

I use it and have since launch. It’s a great feature allowing me to just turn on my Xbox and that in turn turns on my receiver, DirecTV box and TV. I use all streaming apps through the Xbox and it makes it super easy to switch between TV, streaming and games.

Really disappointed if this is removed from the Series X.
  5. Archaic-F0FC12B2-51A Win User

All Xbox one problems here

How do you have it hooked up? I have my hooked up as the following

TV/Satellite Receiver HDMI Out > Xbox One Satellite In

Xbox One HDMI Out > Receiver HDMI Port

Receiver Out > TV

Does your receiver support HDMI sound, not just video?
  6. Grez1 Win User

Xbox telling me I have to remove a device to play a game

Hi, Georges. Neither game mentioned above is listed as an XBox 360 game. I'm currently trying to play on my XBox One-X (my series X is going to have to go in for a warranty claim, as it's turning on, but not currently able to display a picture :( ).

I believe that I had this happen with Spartan Runner on my Series X as well, and eventually I just gave up.
Thema:

Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv....

1. Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv.... - Similar Threads - received series hooked

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  4. if i purchase a xbox series x today will i receive the latest model from microsoft and by...

in XBoX on Windows
    if i purchase a xbox series x today will i receive the latest model from microsoft and by...: if i purchase a xbox series x today from microsoft will i receive the latest model from microsoft and also by purchasing it from microsoft be the best way to insure this?...
  5. I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...: I sent a red elite series 2 controller in for repair in the original box and received the controller in a brown standard box which is not the original box I sent it in....
  6. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  7. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  8. shipping label not received for device repair request - series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    shipping label not received for device repair request - series x: I have not received any shipping label after 24 hours of raising device repair request. how long it takes to get the shipping label ? I have checked spam and all other folders already....
  9. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?: Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was...
  10. Why can't I receive the Xbox Series S - Midnight Drive Pack?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I receive the Xbox Series S - Midnight Drive Pack?: Over the past few months, I have enjoyed the Xbox Series S with almost no problem. However, when I first got the Xbox, it came with a Midnight Drive Pack(Fortnite and Rocket League DLC). Although...