Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing...

Discus and support Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to get passed landing page "press A to start" on COD MW 2 4458ca42-0711-457c-8cd0-fc1ec0a89099 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Peter Keeling, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing...

Unable to get passed landing page "press A to start" on COD MW 2

:)

Peter Keeling, Dec 23, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing page "press A to start"

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you need assistance with COD MW2. Kindly try doing a hard reset on your console;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If it still doesn’t work, try to refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you on using your console normally without deleting your games or apps.​​​​​​​

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. OpenAir74 Win User

COD MW2 cross gen. Where is quick play or any other game modes

Hi, brand new xbox series x, bought cod mw2 cross gen game disc, installed, but only allows dmz or battle Royale, I Uninstalled the game and reinstalled, and same thing. Unable to get to Quick Play, or any other game modes COD has. When I click on the actual game is makes me choose Game Pass A or B. Almost like the game is not there and/or i need to purchase a game pass to play it, or repurchase the whole game. Does it require a previous COD game on the xbox for the cross gen to work properly? Need help! Thanks!
    I have the exact same issue and can’t figure it out. I’ve downloaded all of the updates etc and still says I need to purchase the game pass to play even though I just paid $70 for the game. Very frustrating!
  4. Griffey-D23F9CC6-DAE Win User

give quick scopers their own game mode

[quote user="HyperSMB"]

Can I then get a game mode where the sniper can only be fired after being zoomed in for a full second?

[/quote]

Why? Quickscoping is not overpowered in any CoD game. Sure it's easier in MW2 and MW3 than other CoD games to quickscope and snipe but it still can't even come close to competing with full autos on a consistent basis such as the MP7, ACR, PP90 in MW3 or
    UMP, ACR, TAR-21 in MW2...

Why discriminate against snipers? Shouldn't everyone using ARs/SMGs have to wait a full second after aiming down the sights for a second too using your logic? I mean after all I can't think of any CoD game where using ARs/SMGs were less effective than quickscoping.
  5. Mullet7182 Win User

Cod5 - 'virus' like hack - 3 days now

MW2 had online issues within a month of release so the 'golden' year for IW certainly didn't exsist. As for being worth it, I'd totally disagree when it comes to WaW and MW2, I found both boring and unable to engage me.

Can't comment on BLOPS but thats because after the glitching/hacking/modding/boosting of MW2 I decided I'd never play a CoD again
  6. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Is MW2 really that bad or do I just have horrible luck? Need honest opinions :)

I like COD and BF. I was just stating the most effective playstyle for MW2 for the first two years after release. I dunno how it plays now as I havent played it in a while. It (MW2) was full of garbage, but I adjusted when I played it. I have over 48 days
    played in MW2 MP (and I havent played since BOs was released), how much time you got on it Rasta?
Thema:

Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing...

1. Just purchased COD MW2. Unable to play after full install. I can't get passed the landing... - Similar Threads - purchased COD MW2

2. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  3. How to download COD bundle that came with series X purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to download COD bundle that came with series X purchase: Hi I purchased a refurbed series x from Microsoft for my son for Xmas, it was bundled with COD MWIII but It didn’t come with a code or any other info on how to download it. When we try to...
  4. “I purchased COD Black ops cold war with campaign mode, but in console it shows I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “I purchased COD Black ops cold war with campaign mode, but in console it shows I need to...: “I purchased COD Black ops cold war with campaign mode, but in console it shows I need to purchase it and while I get redirected to Microsoft Store it shows that I have purchased it.,”...
  5. No authorization for COD MW3 Campaign despite purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No authorization for COD MW3 Campaign despite purchase: I purchased COD MW3 Vault Edition. I have been able to play the campaign since November 2nd. Unfortunately, my siblings, who play with their own account on the same console, do not have access. My...
  6. My COD AW dlc camos are not working once purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My COD AW dlc camos are not working once purchased: i recently bought the xray camo on Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare and even after installing it it still shows up as locked on the game. I looked around online and i am yet to find an answer any...
  7. Purchased COD Black ops can not get into to live I sign in gi e me code 80154002 please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased COD Black ops can not get into to live I sign in gi e me code 80154002 please...: Purchased COD Black ops can not connect to xbox live I have gamepass ultra it is so frustrating I havd reinstalled the hame 7 tines cleared xbox 360 cache on my series S I tried logging into xbox...
  8. I purchased COD MWII Vault Edition on console along with cross gen bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased COD MWII Vault Edition on console along with cross gen bundle: according to https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii/articles/modern-warfare-ii-editions-faq i should have gotten a code or a pc edition of the game even if i bought it on console, yet i...
  9. Cod modern warfare 2 keeps saying i need to purchase full game to play multiplayer but i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod modern warfare 2 keeps saying i need to purchase full game to play multiplayer but i...: Cod modern warfare 2 keeps saying i need to purchase full game to play multiplayer but i have the disc in the console dmz and warzone both work reinstalled didnt help...
  10. cod mw2 "purchase mw2 to have access to everything" cant play mutliplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cod mw2 "purchase mw2 to have access to everything" cant play mutliplayer: i bought cod mw2 a while ago i got it as a code and i deleted it i recently installed it back and when i try play multiplayer it says "purchase modern warfare 2 to have access to everything" it...