Just had an update for Grounded on PC. Now it won't launch?

Discus and support Just had an update for Grounded on PC. Now it won't launch? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 11. Tried launching from both Xbox and Microsoft Store Apps. Grounded launching window opens and then disappears without opening game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by James L 1975, Jan 26, 2023.

1. James L 1975
    James L 1975 Guest

Running Windows 11. Tried launching from both Xbox and Microsoft Store Apps. Grounded launching window opens and then disappears without opening game. Checked to see if it was running in Task Manager, it is not. Tried resetting Xbox app, tried resetting computer.

:)

James L 1975, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi James! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

When was the last time you were able to play the game? Have you tried to verify and repair the game files?

Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and repair.
  3. ChristopherMican Win User

Apps not working after latest update

Another update, while my IP won't be out here until Thursday, I had a PC update and now my Microsoft Store won't download apps there either. So it seems to be the Microsoft Store on both Xbox and PC.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Grounded on Xbox for PC won't launch Error 0x80070199

Hello Arustak,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Grounded on Xbox for PC won't launch Error 0x80070199

Hello Arustak,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you are trying to launch Grounded and is unable to perform troubleshooting to the game to fix the issue. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking some questions. Please provide details/information for us to give more accurate resolution for you.

1. Is this issue happening to all games installed through Xbox app?
    2. May we ask for the steps you made in trying to uninstall Grounded?
    3. May we ask for screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information.
    4. When did this issue happen?
      • Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
      • Do you have these apps on your computer - antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer?
    5. May we ask for the Xbox app and Gaming Services version? Please check by launching Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    6. What is your Windows version and edition? To check, please type WINVER on search bar and select run command. Then, take a screenshot on this part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Based on your description, we would like to suggested you to check these suggested troubleshooting from support article and thread:

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

getting error code 0x80070199 on a game updating that i thought i - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Niko1664 Win User

Two point hospital

No issues known sorry. I had a problem personnaly from the XBox Game Pass on PC with the download won't launch, but it was probably came from my internet bandwich. Resolved now.
Thema:

1. Just had an update for Grounded on PC. Now it won't launch? - Similar Threads - update Grounded won't

2. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  5. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  6. My Xbox doesn’t want to update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t want to update: I have my Xbox and I haven’t turned it on for a long time, and now that I have it to my brother it turns on and everything but it says we need to update the console, but when we try updating it it...
  7. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  8. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  9. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  10. Grounded Public Test for Update 1.3 Available for Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    Grounded Public Test for Update 1.3 Available for Xbox Insiders Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]