Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases.

Discus and support Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases. in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I'm sharing this experiance to all Microsoft account users, to caution you about loading and storing any credit card details on your Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by AJ499, Jan 21, 2019.

1. AJ499
    AJ499 Guest

I'm sharing this experiance to all Microsoft account users, to caution you about loading and storing any credit card details on your Microsoft account.

Ive just been stung over 600 dollars between Octomer to December 2018, on my credit card, for supposed X box product purchases that I never ordered or purchased. Never seen them!

Everything was password protected, but appears that Microsoft system accounts can be easily be overruled, and hacked.

In contacting Microsoft's phone support centre in the Phillipines, a typical reply "Sorry I am not authorised to disscus accounts, please fill out the refund form online, goodbye, and have a great day".

If you can then be bothered wasting your precious time filling out the useless online forms, stating orders, amounts and dates of purchases, you then receive a first email reply from Microsoft WA that typically reads:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Xbox Support.

We reviewed your request for order (details not listed here) and found it’s not eligible for a refund under the Microsoft Terms of Sale. Have
    more questions?

Happy Gaming

(Name of whoever is replying at the time)

There are plenty of other resources to help with your Xbox experience. If you’ve hit a snag like today, or you just want to explore and connect with fellow Xbox enthusiasts, check these out".

Of course, you then reply, to express frustration about this situation, and their total lack of care of your predicument.

At this stage they ignore replying back to you. Nothing.

A day later they reply with this:

"Hello

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services, we appreciate your business. This email is to confirm that your support case has been closed, the details of the service request case are as follows: (details of transactions"

I've been through this scam three times now, and it appears to be a real problem.

Microsoft have total lack of support and communication towards it's customers, when this sort of thing happenss, I feel it really is time for a new player to launch a more reliable and secure operating system, with real global customer care. Microsoft are
    a joke!

In the meantime, it's goodbye Microsoft, Hello Apple.

:)

AJ499, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Pali Snow Win User

I feel you, the lack of communication is real, they never replay to emails and their email only says as you stated:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Xbox Support.

We reviewed your request for order (details not listed here) and found it’s not eligible for a refund under the Microsoft Terms of Sale. Have more questions?"

Where they got me was that one of the support agent from chat told me to cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription to help with my refund claim. When it didn't get through the reclaim, I try to get my subscription back and they say that since I cancel it I lost
    it. Be careful with purchases since refunds are very rare to get, and never cancel your subscription or you will be screwed.

I don't about you but I'm of to other consoles, these will be my last time with Xbox. Anyone interested on a Xbox One (Day One Edition) hit me up.
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

If you can still log into your account with the same password then no one hacked your account, someone has access to it.
  4. Crumb Snatcherz Win User

Yikes, sorry to hear that.

As others have said the best course of action is contacting support and your bank!
  5. MasterBlud Win User

Have you tried calling your bank to report these transactions and order a new card? October to December seems like a very long time to not monitor or suspect activity on your card. You need to call your bank.
  6. AJ499 Win User

Thanks to all replies.

I only have access to MS account using passwords and other verification.

Funny thing it all happened overnight, with the Xbox turned off!

Yes, called the bank, of course, they have teams that chase it all up.

Discussion about this at the bank counter:

"This sort of thing happens all the time, especially with Credit cards purchases from Microsoft".

"Are you kidding?", I replied.

"No we are not"

Right, I'm pulling my credit card details from Microsoft", I replied.

"Sorry we cannot do any more at this time, as long as you are the main person secured to the account there is nothing else we can do. It's a global problem"

I'm no going to elaborate, as posts and replies could go on forever, and we all have better things to do with our time , right!

The reason for posting out , is to warn you all that it can easily happen, even when you think your Microsoft payment subscription & setup is safe!

They cannot even be bothered to following up on these types of complaints, and that's what annoys us, the customer and makes us want to move on.

Think again about the phrase "Happy gaming".
Thema:

1. Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases. - Similar Threads - got Ripped off

2. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  3. i got my fortnite skins refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    i got my fortnite skins refunded: hello, i got my skins on fortnite refunded by you, i want them back d2be9805-11f3-4e9b-a8d7-9e3c19f35f5f
  4. Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen: Screen shows black when i relaunched into settings, my tv shows a black screen. I cannot see anything and everything is blank [img] d55e201d-a106-4dce-a72e-03556d9aa960
  5. Pls help me or someone got a solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls help me or someone got a solution: Can you please help,my Xbox series x is not working and it turns off automatically and my tv gos to"No signal" 86010458-51f7-4c1d-9b75-51f1a714e97a
  6. I got spam reported by my friends

in XBoX on Windows
    I got spam reported by my friends: I have a group of friends who hate me.They make fun of me every day.Then they thought it would be funny and spam report me until i got banned 6 times.Then I now have a year ban.I was wondering if...
  7. My Minecraft World got Corrupted can i get help to fix it.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft World got Corrupted can i get help to fix it.: i Play on XBOX and my world got corrupted and i tried reinstalling Minecraft and it hasn't worked can i get any ideas to fix it? 2e1e3e90-041f-4aac-804c-dc8f26e111ca
  8. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  9. I got booted off, Ddosed

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got booted off, Ddosed: Hi so basically someone got my IP and they said that they would boot me off or ddos me or whatever My connection started lagging, my router was being offline all kind of stuff but now that...
  10. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54