Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need...

Discus and support Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need xbox gold ti do this? Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Connor Morrow, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need...

Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need xbox gold ti do this? Thanks

:)

Connor Morrow, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need xbox gold ti do this? Thanks

Hi Connor, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

An Xbox Live Gold subscription is not required since it's a free-to-play game, you just need to make sure that your account settings are set up correctly to communicate with friends.

You can simply sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and from there make sure that these settings are set to “allow” or “everyone”:

* You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

* Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

* You can play with people outside of Xbox Live

* You can join multiplayer games

Make sure to hit “submit” when you made any changes.
  3. xUndead Jesterx Win User

Can't install apps

I am having this exact issue. Brand new One X will not download fortnite. Any other game and app downloads fine. I have tried all listed troubleshooting steps but the download just stops.
  4. kanfive Win User

Fortnite crashes when loading into a match on a Xbox series S

I have the exact same problem with my New Xbox series X. Tried everything include reinstall fortnite, LAN and wifi even tried it at a friend's house on another network. It just crash when it tries to enter a game
  5. xUndead Jesterx Win User

Can't install apps

I am having this exact issue. Brand new One X will not download fortnite. Any other game and app downloads fine. I have tried all listed troubleshooting steps but the download just stops.
    I also want to add that I have tried on both of my consoles, a launch Xbox One as well as a One X that is less than a month old.
  6. Roger mcarthur Win User

Complaint

The entire support need to be sacked and started again, I was told to sell my Xbox x to a friend as I can’t download games and they have changed consoles. Didn’t work also owing ultimate gamepass so that’s another hit in the pocket but they say sell it to a friend, a product I can’t get going nor did the support. So over Xbox but I will co to use to push through consumer protection as I don’t see how they can run business like this.

Business and greed and profit I am thinking. Design a console you have to power cycle, have to stop auto downloads, have to default now and then? And do you really think they got it right with the x series, to many issues just read the community threads. But let the community solve their issues also. Cheap cheap and cheats is how I feel Xbox are now.
Thema:

Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need...

1. Just got new xbox x. Have downloaded Fortnite but can't communicate with friends. Do I need... - Similar Threads - got downloaded Fortnite

2. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  3. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  4. My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?: My gamer score got wiped back to zero and I can’t re-download the games that I purchased before on my Xbox profile c63218b3-4126-49b3-acca-d3026f9efc44
  5. Hey, I recently got Xbox Gamepass yesterday and I could download games on my D: drive fine,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey, I recently got Xbox Gamepass yesterday and I could download games on my D: drive fine,...: The D: Drive is an external hard drive from Seagate and I've had since about December last year. It has 2tb storage and incase it helps it's mandalorian themed. 7678710f-b997-48bd-b8b5-7760385ecec0
  6. I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on...: I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on multiplayer it tells me to buy the game again What’s the problem? 3c93823c-3c86-4e64-94e7-72d1feb1bd43
  7. Why have i not got my digital download code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have i not got my digital download code: I have purchased eafc24 on the Very website 2 days ago and still haven’t received my code 7feb6c78-d2d9-4362-af75-61150adff49a
  8. Just got the game pass for PC and I can't download any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just got the game pass for PC and I can't download any games: When prompted to select a drive (I only have C drive) it says "cannot set your default installation location to that folder" no matter what folder I select. I've tried restarting, updating apps...
  9. I got a issue i trying to download gta with online and story but all its saying is it looks...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got a issue i trying to download gta with online and story but all its saying is it looks...: Pls if you know how to fix it tell me pls 4a8c2fca-5b9b-4c64-bf10-43bda520c507
  10. My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...: How do I get my MWII disc to download,I have tried everything I know to do,just won't read it,but will read and download any other game just fine,it's driving me nuts HELP!!¡¡!!...