Just got a Xbox S/X controller charging station model X-DZ-001, couple questions

Discus and support Just got a Xbox S/X controller charging station model X-DZ-001, couple questions in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Bear with me, the user manual's instructions must be confused. CONTENTS do not mention an AC adapter and there was no AC adapter in the contents box,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RonaldPires, Dec 6, 2021.

1. RonaldPires
    RonaldPires Guest

Just got a Xbox S/X controller charging station model X-DZ-001, couple questions

Bear with me, the user manual's instructions must be confused.

CONTENTS do not mention an AC adapter and there was no AC adapter in the contents box, yet item #3 in USE instructions say connect the included AC adapter.

In CHARGING, the only information is "Use original / AC adapter with charging station. The USB cable that came in the charger container has a normal size USB connector on one end and a small USB connector at the other end but no AC adapter.

I went to Amazon to look at the item sold and nowhere does it show or talk about an AC adapter on the item page. I tried to find an original Xbox AC adapter online but can't.

1. Will any USB cable to AC plug work with the charging station?

2. There're 3 USB ports on the series X can't one of them be used as a power port for the charging station?

Being totally ignorant on both the above questions I'm afraid to test my theory without feedback

Please and thank you for any and all assistance.

:)

RonaldPires, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

this is due to the charging station and its batteries being third party, they don't have the required connections to the pin array int he controller, the charge station batteries will have external pins on them so when the controller sits on the mount it then charges the battery.

only official plug and play batteries from microsoft can charge via the usb on the controller, they do this through different pins internally.
  3. RonaldPires Win User

After I replied to your post I made a cursory look, (didn't notice a UK or Euro designator) on the page I found they range between 25 and 35usd depending on the seller.
  4. RonaldPires Win User

ngocphi,

I was pretty sure the alkaline batts that came with would have issue with recharging. To be clearererer, (sic), I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse that when wired will recharge the rechargeable batt via the USB cable. The mouse is 5 yrs old, I assumed all current USB connected products, (game controllers) would recharge batts when connected.

So, the series X controllers will only recharge when connected to the charging station not when the controller is connected by USB cable to the Xbox.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Because charging stations doMt come with one usually

By design you are supposed to use your xbox USB ports

Fyi it's not an offical product

Only play and charge kits are available by ms anything else is a third party

You com use any usb powrr plug but unless it's a usb type c connection it won't charge as fast
  6. RonaldPires Win User

Most of the comp or game stuff I get online comes from Amazon or Newegg.

Do you or anyone else here have an Xbox Live account?

If so, is the account free or does it charge a 1 time, monthly, biannual or yearly fee to have?

I've been a big fan of the 1st 4 Splinter Cell games and hear they run on the series X; I'm currently relearning to play SCPT on the series X. Even though it is playing well, it seems to be much grainier than what I remember from the 2001 X.

I heard SC1 and SCDA were enhanced/optimized for the Xbox one and that all or most X1 games are supposed to play on the series X. If true, anyone hear know where I'd get ahold of them?
Thema:

1. Just got a Xbox S/X controller charging station model X-DZ-001, couple questions - Similar Threads - got controller charging

2. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  3. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  4. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  5. My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One: Last night and the night before, my controller started randomly disconnecting every few minutes and now won't connect to my Xbox at all unless it's plugged in. This controller is a replacement...
  6. Ordered a controller online and it got lost now nobody seems to be able to help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ordered a controller online and it got lost now nobody seems to be able to help: I ordered a custom controller online before xmas (3rd Dec), it was a gift for my son. The delivery tracking seemed to get stuck at the depot and when I called they said they couldn't find the...
  7. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  8. I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...: Stick drift on r thumbstick b3dedf9f-3aae-441e-ba20-18ea16207f12
  9. my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...: my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i can’t play games or do anything c97f1047-ba26-43e9-b00c-55594632fcdc
  10. I ordered a replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I ordered a replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller...: I ordered replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller back but never been sent a address to send back too I cannot get hold of them it is awful anyone know?...