Just brought an Xbox 360 pre-owned...And it got a console ban on it

Discus and support Just brought an Xbox 360 pre-owned...And it got a console ban on it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently just got an xbox 360 pre-owned with some old games for a trip down memory lane and apparently its got a console ban on it. I am fuming as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by i aM JZ v1, Jan 2, 2018.

1. i aM JZ v1
    i aM JZ v1 Guest

I recently just got an xbox 360 pre-owned with some old games for a trip down memory lane and apparently its got a console ban on it. I am fuming as the guy who sold it me is now gone in the wind. Is there anyway i can get it sorted? like get it unbanned?
    Can i email Microsoft and explain the issues to them.

:)

i aM JZ v1, Jan 2, 2018
  2. BENZHD
    BENZHD Guest
    Pre-Owned 360 with Ban

I just bought a pre-owned Xbox 360 off gumtree and it has a console ban on it. Any help?

BENZHD, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Error codes 80004005 & 800700E8

I just brought a pre-owned xbox 360 slim and transfered my data from my old xbox 360.

When I've tried to download an app or game demo I get either the error code 80004005 or 800700E8.

I just wanted to know if this is with it being pre-owned console or because of the xbox store??

thank you

BhavenModasia, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Unfortunately console bans are permanent and cannot be reversed. Usually the only thing you can do is take it back and return it. If you bought it through ebay or something like that, you should still be able to file a claim.

Smwutches, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately console bans are permanent and cannot be reversed. Usually the only thing you can do is take it back and return it. If you bought it through ebay or something like that, you should still be able to file a claim.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

He

[quote user="MAxCLarIDGE"]So I've brought myself a new pre owned Xbox[/quote]That's an oxymoron.

You've bought a used 360.

It's typically a bad idea to buy a used 360. You never know when a console will be banned.

Take the 360 back to your retailer and exchange it for a replacement.
    I kept my old hd so that I could keep all my seved data for a new Xbox, it won't save any games to the hard drive and also won't download my profile.
    Perhaps a banned console?
  7. Farscape247 Win User

Forced to buy subscription

did you purchase the console new or pre owned, if pre owned then the previous user left it set as the home console and has probably just got a new xbox or signed in elsewhere and set as home.
  8. gds1972 Win User

new xbox suspended

Hi

Did you purchase the console new or pre owned? If you have purchased a pre owned console you should take it back to where you purchased it from as it sounds like the previous owner has got the console banned from connecting to the Xbox Servers

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-GB/home/howTo#sub-topic0-3
  9. ngocphi Win User

Pre-owned Xbox 360 possible console ban

your account won't be banned but I don't think you fully understand the issue

You cannot connect to live period on banned consoles so the only way you can use your profile is use a hd or a USB stick and sign in but it will always be off line with no ability to download content including new profiles or upload stats and when you resign
    online you will lose.any achievements you earned while off line until you use a non banned console

It's best not to buy one used
Thema:

1. Just brought an Xbox 360 pre-owned...And it got a console ban on it - Similar Threads - brought 360 pre

2. So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...: So I bought a Xbox game on the store and I bought it on my credit card but I don’t want it and requested a refund but I would like the refund back on my Xbox credit balance instead of back on my...
  3. Brought a Xbox elite core 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brought a Xbox elite core 2: Brought a controller this month and my Y button isn’t responding anyway went to register it on Microsoft devices comes up I only have 4 months warranty left out of a 1 year how????? It’s new...
  4. Hi all , I have just brought my 8 year old daughter an old Xbox 360 my question is can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi all , I have just brought my 8 year old daughter an old Xbox 360 my question is can I...: Hi all I have just brought my 8 year old daughter an old Xbox 360 , can I still get Xbox live so she can play Minecraft with her friends , Thanks in advance 15874db7-1ab5-4bc5-ac44-6d7e384f7f27
  5. have brought a second hand xbox 360 and cant play any M rated games due to the password...

in XBoX Accessibility
    have brought a second hand xbox 360 and cant play any M rated games due to the password...: how do i change password on a second hand xbox 360 cant play any M rated games due to pervious owner setting password i have no idea what it could be thanks 6ccb1ab1-fae4-4669-ba63-b48a29205e42
  6. Brought a new Xbox 360. Now I can’t join my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brought a new Xbox 360. Now I can’t join my friends: I used to play on a Xbox 360 slim, but for better load times, and also so I won’t have as much frame lag when I play Minecraft, Bo2 etc I brought a Xbox 360 E and to move all my data and games I...
  7. Hi there, I've just brought a second hand 360 and I can't play age restricted games unless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, I've just brought a second hand 360 and I can't play age restricted games unless...: Hi there, I've just brought a second hand 360 and I can't play age restricted games unless I have a family settings pass code which I haven't got, any way to get round this please...
  8. any help brought xbox 360 has a parental code on it cant get it off....grrr ..tryed xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    any help brought xbox 360 has a parental code on it cant get it off....grrr ..tryed xbox...: any help brought xbox 360 has a parental code on it cant get it off....grrr ..tryed xbox support online its like waiting for a bus on xmas day...it aint coming!! c5c310d8-17f1-4a92-be6c-16a12d7b89c7
  9. when i brought an xbox one it did not come with a 1 month free trial and my xbox 360 did have a

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    when i brought an xbox one it did not come with a 1 month free trial and my xbox 360 did have a: My xbox one did not come with a 1 month free trial and my xbox 360 did come with a free trial can i have a code or can u tell me why? e8078626-83f1-48dd-bd06-1fa28a9e7018
  10. Brought COD AW Season pass on Xbox 360 but it's not transfered to Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brought COD AW Season pass on Xbox 360 but it's not transfered to Xbox one: hi, can anyone help..... I purchased the COD Advanced warfare season pass on my Xbox 360 as have the game disk. That all works fine. I have just purchased the Xbox one and have the Xbox one cod aw...